April 2013 Moms

~*~Monday Ticker Change~*~

Good morning, ladies!

1. What week/produce are you this week?

2. Any appointments or u/s coming up?

3. How are you feeling?  Any new symptoms or cravings?

4. GTKY:  How do you "give back" during the Holiday season?  Does your family do any charity work or buy any gifts for families in need at this time of year? 

Have a happy and healthy week!

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016

Re: ~*~Monday Ticker Change~*~

• 1. What week/produce are you this week? 18 weeks, a sweet potato (this is probably the only sweet potato I will ever like)

2. Any appointments or u/s coming up? Anatomy scan next Tuesday

3. How are you feeling?  Any new symptoms or cravings? Only sometimes tired, usually great, but I have noticed my digestive system has a bit less room, and baby's movements are more noticeable.

4. GTKY:  How do you "give back" during the Holiday season?  Does your family do any charity work or buy any gifts for families in need at this time of year?  At work, our team buys a family their entire Christmas-- food and all the gifts.  I usually buy something for the community "angel trees" too.  My MIL and I used to participate in a shoebox campaign too, but now we don't live in the same country, so we've stopped doing it.  I should really get organized and do it again next year.

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • 1. What week/produce are you this week? 22 weeks (Wait, is that right?! Holy crap...)

2. Any appointments or u/s coming up? A prenatal appt. next Monday.

3. How are you feeling?  Any new symptoms or cravings? Feeling pretty good! Finally have my energy back. Unfortunately, the heartburn is getting worse. Dun dun dun......

4. GTKY:  How do you "give back" during the Holiday season?  Does your family do any charity work or buy any gifts for families in need at this time of year? We try to support local charities and drives as much as we can. I work on a college campus, so there are always plenty of things going on this time of year!

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Loading the player...
  • imageFremdschamen:

Good morning, ladies!

1. What week/produce are you this week? Mango

2. Any appointments or u/s coming up? next monday, at 20 wks, another A/S (had one at 14 wks and an in office u/s last week). Hoping to confirm sex and see a healthy baby!

3. How are you feeling?  Any new symptoms or cravings? I feel eerily fine.  I think its weird that I can do a couple miles on the elliptical without issue but climbing a flight of stairs leaves me winded. :o)

4. GTKY:  How do you "give back" during the Holiday season?  Does your family do any charity work or buy any gifts for families in need at this time of year? We adopt a senior through our area's adult daycare and nursing home.  We are also adopting a veteran and their family through the VA.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers imageimage
  • 1. What week/produce are you this week?  21 weeks , pomegrante

2. Any appointments or u/s coming up?   I have a regular appointment with my Family dr on Wednesday, I tried to go to this appointment last week thanks to pregnancy brain :(. Should be the last one with him. I have shared care and next week I see my OB for the 1st time (this time around)

3. How are you feeling?  Any new symptoms or cravings? Feel okay. Changes day to day. Some days are fine, even un-pregnant like days, other days I am nauseous and tired, sometimes I can eat a house and other times nothing sounds good. 

4. GTKY:  How do you "give back" during the Holiday season?  Does your family do any charity work or buy any gifts for families in need at this time of year?  

For DH's side of the family we have never really done the presents thing. We always donate to a charity close to the heart, and then help out at a local shelter. On my side we usually do a "secret Santa" gift exchange. This year we are taking that money and buying a goat, some chickens and mosquito nets for those in need in Africa. We are also making a gift basket with all the fixings for a nice Christmas dinner and basic hygiene products, as well as a few toys for a family in need in our area.  My kids will also be picking out toys to donate to those in need. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageFremdschamen:
    Good morning, ladies! 1. What week/produce are you this week? 2. Any appointments or u/s coming up? 3. How are you feeling?nbsp; Any new symptoms or cravings? 4. GTKY:nbsp; How do you "give back" during the Holiday season?nbsp; Does your family do any charity work or buy any gifts for families in need at this time of year?nbsp; Have a happy and healthy week!
    1. I am 20 weeks and a cantaloupe. 2. I don't have any appts. Though, we had our A/S last week and found out we are team pink. 3. I am feeling good. I had some cramping this weekend but feel normal again today. I am pretty sure hosting Thanksgiving and then shopping all night on Black Friday was a little much. 4. We like to buy gifts for toys for tots. Though, I would LOVE to adopt a family this year.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1. 20 weeks and a banana

2. We had our AS last week and are on team blue with a healthy baby boy! We don't have another appointment for about 3 weeks

3. I haven't had many issues lately. Just some back pain

4. I work for the county government (in human services) so we do a huge toy drive for children in foster care. They take any gifts, but you can also pick from a tree with kids' specific wishes. I chose a 14 yo girl and a 14 mo boy. Need to find the Tonka truck the boy wants still!

• 1. What week/produce are you this week? 22 weeks, a papaya!

2. Any appointments or u/s coming up? I have a level 2 u/s, on December 7th, to get a better look at the calcium deposit on DS's heart. Then I have my standard OB appointment on Dec. 10th.

3. How are you feeling?  Any new symptoms or cravings? I've been feeling HUGE!!! I've also been feeling more Braxton Hick's contractions. I know they are normal, but they still make me nervous. I was put on bedrest for contractions (the real kind) at 30 weeks with DD, and I'm really hoping that doesn't happen again.

4. GTKY:  How do you "give back" during the Holiday season?  Does your family do any charity work or buy any gifts for families in need at this time of year? We have a canned food drive going on at work right now. I also give money to my old salon, because they buy Christmas for 5-6 families every year. I'm also gonna make DD donate a crap load of toys before she gets new ones this year.

BFP #1: 5-14-2010, DD born 1-22-2011
    BFP #2: 4-20-2012, Natural MC 5-1-2012
    BFP #3: 7-19-2012, DS born 3-27-2013
    BFP #4: 9-13-2014, MMC discovered 10-27-14 at 10w, d&c on 11-6-14 

• Morning!!

Week 19!! I am a mango this week - my kids are obsessed on asking how big the baby is every day.  So we wound up buying the fruit of the week to leave on the counter so they can see.

Big U/S this week on Friday - we should finally know if we are team blue/pink

My afternoon exhaustion is still in full effect.  I hit a wall around 2:30 - 5 that is horrible.  But besides that, I am doing good - finally getting some energy back on " non wall hitting" times

Our family does adopt a family every year through our church - we know the ages and "favorite things" of the parents and kids.  We get them some neccessities and some gifts.  This year, we spent some of our additional time gathering supplies for Sandy victims close to us.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. What week/produce are you this week?  22 weeks.  A papaya?

2. Any appointments or u/s coming up?  Not anytime soon.

3. How are you feeling?  Any new symptoms or cravings?  Feeling pretty good.

4. GTKY:  How do you "give back" during the Holiday season?  Does your family do any charity work or buy any gifts for families in need at this time of year?  We don't celebrate the holidays.

• 1. What week/produce are you this week? 19 weeks, a mango!

2. Any appointments or u/s coming up? Just our babymoon... leaving Friday for Jamaica!!!

3.How are you feeling? Any new symptoms or cravings? I'm actually feeling great. I've popped... people can see my bump, so exciting!!

4. GTKY: How do you "give back" during the Holiday season? We give to a charity as a gift to each other. Last year it was Heifer International.
    Married July 3, 2009 | Furbaby Trevor July 15, 2009 | Furbaby Darcy May 15, 2010 | BFP August 14, 2012 | DD April 18, 2013
  • 1. What week/produce are you this week? 18 weeks; sweet potato

2. Any appointments or u/s coming up? a couple more weeks yet

3. How are you feeling? Any new symptoms or cravings? I'm feeling pretty good, no real complaints. I think I ate my weight in carbs this past weekend, but no crazy cravings.

4. GTKY: How do you "give back" during the Holiday season? Does your family do any charity work or buy any gifts for families in need at this time of year? My vet clinic is having a local photographer come in to do holiday and/or Santa pictures of pets - the donations will go towards our local dog park. Last year our church hosted a Christmas party for a local nursing home - I haven't heard if we're doing that again.

Brenda IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • 1. What week/produce are you this week? 18 weeks- sweet potato

2. Any appointments or u/s coming up? YES!!! a/s today at 3:30, I am so excited I could burst!!

3. How are you feeling?  Any new symptoms or cravings? I am feeling pretty good over all. I've noticed I'm developing raised veins on my legs & my feet HURT by the end of the day. Sciatic nerve is getting better with physical therapy. Oh, and I am hungry all.the.time- I get a headache if I get the slighest bit hungry. I am not looking forward to the visit today with the midwife when regards to my recent weight gain : (

4. GTKY:  How do you "give back" during the Holiday season?  Does your family do any charity work or buy any gifts for families in need at this time of year?  Growing up we ALWAYS participated in food drives & fundraisers but sadly my husband and I have gotten away from that as we drifted apart from the church. I would love to get back involved more though. We always find a can drive to donate to but I would like to do something more physical such as serving at a soup kitchen or volunteering to sort donated items.

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Good morning, ladies!

1. What week/produce are you this week?

20 weeks/banana. Halfway done! Woo! 

2. Any appointments or u/s coming up?

I have a regular prenatal appt on Tuesday. 

3. How are you feeling?  Any new symptoms or cravings?

New symptom in the last couple of days-dizziness. I am definitely going to talk to my Dr about it on Tuesday 

I usually do an adopt a family thing where we buy gifts for a family. And my job usually collects money and buys food for the less fortunate. I missed out on our volunteer event to feed the less fortunate on Thanksgiving. That was too bad. 

• 1. What week/produce are you this week? 21 weeks, pomegranate or banana

2. Any appointments or u/s coming up? check up 12/3

3. How are you feeling? Any new symptoms or cravings? feeling good, crazy heartburn from everything, baby is moving often (hubby felt baby, so cool) craving salt and sour (pickles and skittles)

4. GTKY: How do you "give back" during the Holiday season? Does your family do any charity work or buy any gifts for families in need at this time of year? Angel tree child

• Good afternoon, ladies!

1. What week/produce are you this week? 21 and a banana!!

2. Any appointments or u/s coming up? Meeting with a dietician/endocronologist this Friday :/

3. How are you feeling? Any new symptoms or cravings? Pretty good.  Hips don't hurt as bad anymore at night.  Heartburn is starting to kill me though-usually hits at night when I'm trying to lay down. Other than that I think I'm just cruising along and still trying to figure out a name.

4. GTKY: How do you "give back" during the Holiday season? Does your family do any charity work or buy any gifts for families in need at this time of year? I work for a non profit and we usually do something special for the holidays for the clients we've worked with.  I also always put money in the bucket for the bell ringers whenever I see them.  DH makes sure I have cash during the holidays just for this reason (I usually don't carry cash).  :)

::happily skips off to read everyone's updates::

"A man walking backwards does not see what lies ahead, only what he is leaving behind."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1-7/22/12 EDD: 4/8/13 It's a Boy!! Born 3/30/13
    BFP #2 2/3/14 EDD: 10/15/14 - My Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagegahendersons:

4. GTKY:  How do you "give back" during the Holiday season?  Does your family do any charity work or buy any gifts for families in need at this time of year?  Growing up we ALWAYS participated in food drives & fundraisers but sadly my husband and I have gotten away from that as we drifted apart from the church. I would love to get back involved more though. We always find a can drive to donate to but I would like to do something more physical such as serving at a soup kitchen or volunteering to sort donated items.

This is similar to MH and I, too. We have a lot going on in our lives right now so it's been a little difficult to try to get out and help others, but I hope once we are more stable (in many senses of the word), that we will be able to start helping out others in need.

1. What week/produce are you this week? 21 weeks.. I think it's a banana?

2. Any appointments or u/s coming up? Not until right before Christmas.

3. How are you feeling?  Any new symptoms or cravings?  I feel ok, I've been wicked tired recently, not sure why that's happening. I think I've been getting BH contractions at night, but I'm not 100% sure. (Being a STM, one would think I'd know what to look for lol)  Besides that, things are going well.. trying not to overindulge in all the holiday goodies, but let's be honest, that's hard!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My first time participating in this! 

1. What week/produce are you this week? 21 weeks - Pomegranate

2. Any appointments or u/s coming up? Not until next month. Just had u/s last week

3. How are you feeling? Any new symptoms or cravings? Feel great. Finally feeling baby kick (and seeing her kick). No weird cravings except LOTS of sugar but I think that's just because it's been around.

4. GTKY: How do you "give back" during the Holiday season? Does your family do any charity work or buy any gifts for families in need at this time of year? We normally at least send a care package overseas. We need to get better about this as it was a part of my childhood and I would like to have it be a part of my child's life. Thanks for bringing this up, I'll have to look into options for this year!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"