June 2013 Moms
Options

going crazy not seeing the baby

I'm going crazy! I heard the heartbeat last week and asked my doctor if he could tell if it is twins or not. He laughed and said it was good we heard the hb and finding another one could just be the same again. He said we will know at our us in about 6 weeks. I'm going crazy! I cant wait. I'm think about going somewhere for an elective us. Anyone else do that? I just need to see the baby and I'm so jealous of everyone. Plus the grandparents are freaking me out with all the twins running in the family.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: going crazy not seeing the baby

• Options
    Maybe a change In dr will allow more u/s freedom. I will be doing an elective 3d one in the future.

m/c 2002 7w2d
    bfp 9.6.12 | edd 5.17.13 | m/c 9.19.12 5w5d

bfp 10.18.12 | edd 6/28/13

beta#1 10.18.12 - 96 / progestrone 32 || beta#2 10.22.12 - 711 || beta#3 10.25.12 - 2608 DD born 6/27/13

bfp 7.16.14 | edd 3/27/15

beta#1 7.18.14 - 149 || beta#2 7.21.14 - ??

• Options
    I am actually shocked that you conceived using a fertility drug and have not had any early u/s! We're you under the care of an RE and monitored? Do you know how many follicles you had when you ovulated? Whoever your doctor is, he isn't giving you the care you need. IMO it is ridiculous that you were on Clomid and haven't had an u/s. Once you are on fertility drugs, it doesn't matter if you have twins in your family or not. You are at a higher risk for multiples, especially if you took it with no monitoring. I would be demanding an u/s ASAP or finding a new doctor. GL!
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageDragonfly1226:
    I am actually shocked that you conceived using a fertility drug and have not had any early u/s! We're you under the care of an RE and monitored? Do you know how many follicles you had when you ovulated? Whoever your doctor is, he isn't giving you the care you need. IMO it is ridiculous that you were on Clomid and haven't had an u/s. Once you are on fertility drugs, it doesn't matter if you have twins in your family or not. You are at a higher risk for multiples, especially if you took it with no monitoring. I would be demanding an u/s ASAP or finding a new doctor. GL!

I'm on my phone so missed your sig. This entirely then.

m/c 2002 7w2d
    bfp 9.6.12 | edd 5.17.13 | m/c 9.19.12 5w5d

bfp 10.18.12 | edd 6/28/13

beta#1 10.18.12 - 96 / progestrone 32 || beta#2 10.22.12 - 711 || beta#3 10.25.12 - 2608 DD born 6/27/13

bfp 7.16.14 | edd 3/27/15

beta#1 7.18.14 - 149 || beta#2 7.21.14 - ??

• Options
    Its a long story but basically this time around the Clomid was from my OB. He is so old school so doesn't do all the monitoring. In hindsight maybe not my best doctor selection. But I love his personality and the nurses are awesome. I'm going to call on Monday and see what they can do. I'm thrilled to be pregnant and at the end of the day that is all that really matters. After wanting to be for 3 years I'm trying to be patient....I'm not good at it! Thanks for your opinions I really appreciate the perspective.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I agree that it's ridiculous you haven't had an u/s yet after being on Clomid.  Also, what about 1st tri screening?  Did you opt out, or do they not offer it?  Either way, I would probably be finding a new doctor, even if you do like his personality.  He is not giving you the correct medical care.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker

4 losses: Natural m/c 8w 1/11, CP 12/11, CP 3/12, and our perfectly healthy baby girl Charlotte Grace, missed M/C 5/31/12 at 8w5d
    DX: Endo, heterozygous MTHFR, low progesterone
    Surprise unmedicated BFP 9/21/12!! Beta #1 9/22 (10 DPO) 46 Beta #2 9/24 (12 DPO) 226! Heartbeat 136 bpm at 7w! It's a BOY!  Theodore Joshua born 5/23/13 at 7:36am via c/s, 7lb13oz, 19.25in
    TTC#2 5/14, BFP 8/15/14!  Beta #1 16 (11 DPO), Beta #2 71 (14 DPO) Beta #3 164 (16 DPO) Beta #4 633 (21 DPO) Beta #5 1487 (23 DPO) Heartbeat 121 bpm at 6w6d!  EDD 4/25/15
  • Options

imagekames12:
    imageziggy23213:
    I agree that it's ridiculous you haven't had an u/s yet after being on Clomid.nbsp; Also, what about 1st tri screening?nbsp; Did you opt out, or do they not offer it?nbsp; Either way, I would probably be finding a new doctor, even if you do like his personality.nbsp; He is not giving you the correct medical care.
    I second this! I did a ClomidtriggerIUI and I've had 4 ultrasounds, 2 with my RE, 1 surprise one with my OB and the first trimester screening. You need the correct monitoring while using fertility drugs and after

OMG!  Run from your doctor!  Clomid is not candy.  I've had 4 IUI's and IVF all well monitored . With my IVF working, I saw my both my babies alive and well from weeks 5-9.  At my 10 week ultrasound it was discovered that my baby B's heart has stopped beating.   I'm now driving myself crazy thinking about the survival of my remaining baby.  I've had to wait two weeks between ultrasounds, and that is diving me nuts.  Sometimes I wish I never knew about baby B.  You need to get better treatment for yourself and your babie(s).  

image      image    

IVF #1 September 2012, beta #1: 213; beta #2: 580. Expecting Twins! 
    EDD 6/9 lost one angel at 9w3d :( 
    Baby boy arrived 6/1/13
    FET #1 10/14, BFP -Chemical Pregnancy :(
    Everyone Welcome

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Hey Bride05! A lot of doctors in my area will only do an ultrasound at or after 12 weeks.  My doctor does them between 8-12 weeks.  I got mine done at 8 weeks and 5 days. How did they hear the heartbeat without doing an ultrasound? I think hearing the heartbeat is the coolest part. We got to hear ours during the ultrasound. This is totally my first pregnancy so sorry if I sound like a dork not knowing how to hear the heartbeat minus an ultrasound.  Keep me posted! Congrats! Also, if you are urged to go and get an ultrasound from another provider I would tell your doctor that and maybe they will let you come in.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"