October 2012 Moms

Birth certificate

How long did it take you to get LO's birth certificate? Alice will be two months on Monday and I haven't seen hide nor hair of it. We got her SS card the other day though. So she does officially exist according to the USA. Woot. We filled out all the paperwork in the hospital and they took care of it all.

Then again, this is Alaska, and they have to send everything by dog sled apparently... Stupid shipping time and cost!

After 7 years of no ovulation...
BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies

Re: Birth certificate

• Interesting. I guess I should check out the regulations for Alaska. Thanks!

ETA: The state website doesn't say anything about not being able to mail it. I guess I will need to call them on Monday.

Oct Angel Babies
  • Im in NY and I got both in under 2 weeks
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We got the SSN card the same week, and had to go to the county tax office to pick up the birth certificate (same place marriage/death cents are also filed) I paid for it and they printed it out right then. I live in TX, but maybe you might want to check with your local court house... I'd assume you have to go the same place you filed for your marriage license?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We didn't get her SS card until this past week. This past Monday actually. I have no idea where one would go to file for a marriage licence here. We got married down south. LOL

Oct Angel Babies
  • It took about four weeks to get the birth certificate, but that's only because it got slowed down by hurricane sandy aftermath...we're in NY. With DS1 it only took two to three weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We got his SS card when he was about 4 weeks old, but have to order his birth certificate (which I have been lazy about doing). There is apparently a fee for this? I am in Oregon.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We don't automatically get a birth cert. We have to pay for it and pick it up from the county records office.
  • imagelovesgummies:
    We don't automatically get a birth cert. We have to pay for it and pick it up from the county records office.

us too.  Even with hurricane sandy though it was ready to be picked up n two weeks (we are in NJ) 

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Havent gotten ours yet, but i assume thats because our town was without power for 14 days and underwater in Irene and its just backlogged. 
  • We had to pay for it at the health dept. The hospital will tell you, which is better than calling all the depts downtown. 
  • imagelovesgummies:
    We don't automatically get a birth cert. We have to pay for it and pick it up from the county records office.
    this.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I had to pick it up at the Vital Statistics office, it is part of the health dept. They charge a little for it too.

• We live in Pennsylvania. Got the birth cert by mail when she was about 10 days old. Social security card came at 3 weeks old.
    imageimageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
  • Ours also took forever. Got the birth certificate copy and social security card right around 2 months. I called the county a few days before we got it because I needed one for work and they said "we're really far behind." No shizzz....
    DD 9/15/12
  • When we filled out the BC at the hospital she gave us a piece of paper that was like a voucher to go to the Clerk's office and pick it up. We did that when she was a week old. We just received her SSN this week.
    PhotobucketPhotobucket
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    I made rachelmichelle1 my bitch.
  • They send the SS card to us here in GA but we have to got to the county courthouse and pay for and birth certificate to get a copy of it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We received the SS card about 3 weeks after DS was born, the hospital handled the paperwork for the SSN and the birth certificate.  The hospital that we delivered at does not send out birth certificates so we had to wait until vital statistics received the information and then we had to order it online at vitalchek.com, they said that could take 6-8 weeks after payment was made.  (It cost $55 for 5 birth certificates - most of it was processing fees, the certificate itself only cost $2 each - the other $45 was for processing fees).

I delivered in NJ. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemrs.ike:
    How long did it take you to get LO's birth certificate? Alice will be two months on Monday and I haven't seen hide nor hair of it. We got her SS card the other day though. So she does officially exist according to the USA. Woot. We filled out all the paperwork in the hospital and they took care of it all. Then again, this is Alaska, and they have to send everything by dog sled apparently... Stupid shipping time and cost!

Im in NJ and we had both within the first 2 weeks we were home. Her SSC was mailed I actually got it in the mail once I got home from the hospital, which was super fast considering they said on the paperwork that it could take 3-4 weeks to get it. Then we had to go to city hall of the town she was born in to get the actual certificate of birth it cost $25 but it was printed out right then and there.

"Hate is baggage. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time. It's just not worth it."

• I got her SS card but my hospital said it would 2-3 months before I got her birth certificate. I am in Nevada
  • We got ours on Friday, I think.

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
    BFP 9/27/14
    MMC discovered 10/27/14, D&C 11/4/14
  • I'm in VA and got the SSN about 2 weeks after birth and was told to wait until 3 weeks to send in the paperwork for birth certificate.  I did that and received them about 2 weeks after that
  • imagelovesgummies:

This. I'm in Ohio.

imageimage

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagelovesgummies:

This is true in MN as well.  We have not gotten one yet.  We got her SS card within 2 weeks or so.

my read shelf:
    Erika's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Oct Angel Babies Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageannabelle8101:
    We live in Pennsylvania. Got the birth cert by mail when she was about 10 days old. Social security card came at 3 weeks old.

you have me worried we got ss number at a week old but no birth cert yet and we are also from pa will have to call tom

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"