Baby Names

Toby

Opinions! Unisex or not? This is not for me.
Carly
(Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

Re: Toby

• That's all boy.
  • Boy.
    SQUIRREL!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Definitely boy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • How could this ever be a girls name?

It actually makes me a think of a dog, but I could live with it on a boy.

• Boy name that was used on a woman I met today.
  • Boy. I knew a girl in college that went by Toby, but her birth name was extremely ethnic and no one could pronounce it here in the US, so she just went with what sounded close and worked for her.
    photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It is a boy name. Also, it is the name of my boy dog and a couple other dogs I know.

BFP 11/09 - DD 7/10 - BFP 8/11 - M/C 9/11 - BFP 6/12 - DD - 2/13

• NN for a boy.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageamber31288:
    How could this ever be a girls name?It actually makes me a think of a dog, but I could live with it on a boy.

I thought that too. I had a roommate in college named Toby and she was awesome! I am also fond of Toby Wing, a 1930's actress because she is my Nana's favorite actress. I am torn because of those influences.
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

• I've only ever heard it used on a boy, but I think it sounds young/not overly masculine.
  • Boy [& I don't like it]
  • imagethis decaf life:
    Boy [& I don't like it]

Same here.

Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • imagemj.reilly:
    Hell no to unisex. It is all BOY....Then again there were plenty of other names I thought would be safe for boys I could list so many but yet I keep running into parents that make me roll my eyes and think, "seriously?" So...yeah.I like it, but only as a nn for Tobias.

Love Tobias but SO vetoed it!
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

• I've heard of a girl named October with the nn Toby. Kind of different b/c I, too, think that it's an awfully feminine sounding boy name. Falls in the same category as Rory and Julian for me... I want to like them, but don't.
  • 100% boy. And I adore it.
    It was a rough road, but Arlo Daniel was born April 1, 2013—and our second rainbow is due October 12, 2014.
  • Definite boy, and I like it, bit don't honk it grows well - I don't think a 50 ye old Toby sounds right
  • I know a grown man and 3 dogs named Toby. I'd say it's all boy.
    trying for #1 since May 2012... we're adopting! bringing home baby boy in january 2015!

photo tacos.gif
    Texas forever. 
  • imagechibride4:
    I've heard of a girl named October with the nn Toby. Kind of different b/c I, too, think that it's an awfully feminine sounding boy name. Falls in the same category as Rory and Julian for me... I want to like them, but don't.

I love it for a boy, but there was a book series I read when I was younger where the girl was named October and went by Toby, so it's always been a GP for a girl.  But it's definitely more boy to me. 

imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker      

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Boy. And I can't staaaand it.
    DD 4/3/04 & #2 EDD April 21, 2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"