June 2013 Moms

Miralax / Enema?

Sorry for the TMI but I am wondering if anyone else has received OB advice on this issue.  I have tried collace and not much luck.  Is Miralax and/ or a saline enema safe?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Miralax / Enema?

• I did both 2 weeks ago. I've had better luck with colace and milk of magnesia though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I use both colace 2x a day and miralax daily. I still barely ever go potty but it's not terrible when i do. I'm also keeping very little food down and am on anti nausea meds that make the problem worse.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm trying warm liquids (celestial seasonings blueberry tea) along with the colace.  I'll let y'all know how it goes.
    L.M.
  • I haven't needed Miralax yet (fingers crossed!) but I took it during my pregnancy with DS. (Daily during 3rd tri!) My MW had it on her "safe" list and recommended it.

Kiwi also helped me... and was oh-so-tasty!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yes ma'am-My OB has suggested I take 2-3 stool softeners daily and then Mag Citrate and Saline Enemas as needed. All safe. Good luck-neither constipation nor taking stuff is fun! It stinks.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • My doc recommended colace and eating pears. I did not go for 2 days in a row and I was beside myself over it and that is when I got the recommendation.   I am not big on taking meds so I have been eating pears ever since. I have not tried the colace, but 2 pears a day starting with 1 as my first meal has been keeping things very regular.  I have always taken a probiotic too and they approved that. I assume it continues to help, but I swear by pears.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"