Breastfeeding

Moving across country with frozen milk

We are moving in a few weeks from NV to WI.  Flight is about 4 hours, plus 2 hours in the airport.  I have A LOT of frozen milk (maybe 200 oz). My FIL is here right now and I was thinking of sending half with him, but I am not sure if they will let him fly with it without LO.  I am also not sure if it will make the trip frozen.  I also read about shipping it. Does anyone have experience with this?  Any other ideas?  I thought maybe if we check it when we fly it would stay frozen, but not sure if checking it is the best idea either...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Moving across country with frozen milk

• imagetheresat858:
    You can check dry ice. I would get a cooler with dry ice that fits in a large duffle bag and check it. Declare the dry ice; they will inspect it but not do anything else. We have transported ice cream across the country many times.

Yes, I saw that online.  I am considering this, however, I am nervous about it getting lost. It is a direct flight, but we recently had our carseat lost on the same flight (it got to us eventually, but it took a few days).   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Call the airline and see what they suggest! I'm sure it's come up before!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    JHB 1/19/09
    Baby girl due 11/22/12!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"