Parenting

Best Personalized Stockings?

What does everyone have?  My grandmother made DH and I's but then she passed before we had DD, and now our stockings don't match at all.  I would like to get a set that matches. I have been looking at Pottery Barn Kids and Personal Creations so far...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Best Personalized Stockings?

• Maybe etsy? I'm making ours.

image image
  • PBK is where we will be ordering ours. DH and I don't do stockings for each other, but these are the stockings we chose.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I really like DDs PBK one and plan on ordering DS one as well.
  • Ours are from Land's End, we love them.  
  • If you like the ones your grandma made and they are special to you I would look into having someone make one for your daughter that matches. I would start by asking around on Facebook to see if any of your friends knit or know of someone who does.
  • None of our stockings match. DH's mom made his and my grandma made mine. I made stocking for my 3 children, but they are spaced 5+ years apart and I didn't have the exact same materials to use each time. I'm cool with them not matching at all.

I vote for keeping the homemade ones. I do realize this wasn't one of your options:)

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • I love our Pottery Barn ones.  I first got them seven years ago when we got married, and they are holding up really well.  I also like that they do not change them up, so when we had DD I was able to get a matching one for her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Another PBK vote. We bought ours during one of their big deals. They threw in free shipping and personalizing. Good luck in your search!
  • Pottery Barn stockings are really nice - great quality.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • image-auntie-:
    imageKlondikeBar:

None of our stockings match. DH's mom made his and my grandma made mine. I made stocking for my 3 children, but they are spaced 5+ years apart and I didn't have the exact same materials to use each time. I'm cool with them not matching at all.

I vote for keeping the homemade ones. I do realize this wasn't one of your options:)

This.

I can't imagine not using something made with love in favor of some mass produced made in China version just to be Bump Approved matchy matchy. It makes me sad.

I made DH's when we got married- it's a crewel work version and took me about 10 months to finish. I threw mine together using scraps of lace from my wedding dress. My BFF did a cross stitch version for DS and my mother made one for my DS' cat. Each one tells a story

This! As kids my mom bought the red stockings with white fluffy top. She wrote our name in glue and sprinkled glitter all over it. I love those stockings. So I made them for DH and I when we got married and made one for DD when she was born! Even the dog has one. I couldnt imagine it any other way!

• I like the ideas of keeping the nonmatching. If you really want to match, can you find someone capable of replicating the stockings? A knitter or sewer? That would be nice.

image image

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thanks Ladies, I am not getting rid of the ones my Grandma made, and I did look on Etsy last year to see if anyone made the kind she did but didn't have much luck.  Both DH and mine have holes in them from stuffing them too full in years past though, and I don't want to make them worse, I would rather save them and get new ones. 

Thanks for all the suggestions! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"