Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

when to intro. cereal

Have you started your baby yet if you did how old ?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker

Re: when to intro. cereal

• Options

Depending on your pedi they recommend anywhere from 4-6 months. I think DS was around 4 1/2 months. We started baby food (stage 1 fruits and veggies) around 6. Some babies are ready earlier than others. I know some people try cereal and baby doesn't quite get it so they wait a couple weeks and try again.

• Options
    i was told to intro earlier than later to get them used to the sensation of eating...i waited until late in 6 months and i know this isn't typical but my DS is almost 19 months and gags on chunks! so i'll be starting DS2 earlier - closer to 4 months
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    SIL did at 4 months
  • Options
    Most pediatricians recommend 4-6 months.. I think 3 months it too early unless your pedi tells you to do it specifically for reflux. At 3 months, breastmilk/formula is the only nutrition they need!
    Mommy of 3! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I just went to a feeding clinic put on my my Dr office. They said to start trying rice cereal around 4 months might take a couple weeks. Then follow with veggies, then fruits. Veggies before fruits so they don't get used to the sweetness of the fruit and hate the veggies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"