December 2012 Moms

turkey induces labor?

ive been hearing this a lot with thanksgiving tomorrow. any truth?

imageimage

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: turkey induces labor?

• That sounds like an old wives' tale to me. No food induces labor...
    Jude Wayne - Born 4/23/10 Violet Patricia - Born 12/5/12 Breastfeeding, baby-wearing work-at-home mom of 2 living in Rockville, MD
  • Have only heard about the triptophan spelling is way off I am sure, bit it is something in higher amounts in the darker meat, inducing sleep.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My doctor told me to avoid turkey and gravy because he is worried it will cause contractions and induce labor along with having high amounts to of sodium.Not sure how true it really is, but I am going to be extra careful just to be safe. 

• I've never heard anything so ridiculous! Lol. At least now I have a funny story to tell my midwife. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Labor Buddy to Blowfish11
  • Considering I had my thanksgiving dinner last month and my LO is still chillin on the inside, I'd say no. No truth.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Never heard that one before!
    and i thought i loved you then <3<a href="http://daisypath.com/">Daisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Missed Miscarriage discovered at 9w6d
    D&E 10.27.2011
    I'll love you forever Baby Speck Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Never heard of that lol.
    Mama of 3 earth babies and 1 beautiful angel baby
  • Never heard it, but it gives me a reason to eat turkey tomorrow ;)
    photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagepeacelove&mama:
    Considering I had my thanksgiving dinner last month and my LO is still chillin on the inside, I'd say no. No truth.

I totally agree - nothing from this Canadian Mama either.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageBcarey77:
    My doctor told me to avoid turkey and gravy because he is worried it will cause contractions and induce labor along with having high amounts to of sodium.Not sure how true it really is, but I am going to be extra careful just to be safe.nbsp;

Bahahahahaha! Send your food this way, I'll eat it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejp03:

imagepeacelove&mama:
    Considering I had my thanksgiving dinner last month and my LO is still chillin on the inside, I'd say no. No truth.

I totally agree - nothing from this Canadian Mama either.

Same here.  I ate Turkey three times last month and my little guy is still cooking. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrsT1108:
    imageBcarey77:
    My doctor told me to avoid turkey and gravy because he is worried it will cause contractions and induce labor along with having high amounts to of sodium.Not sure how true it really is, but I am going to be extra careful just to be safe.nbsp;

Bahahahahaha! Send your food this way, I'll eat it!

I will be sure to eat at least 3 helpings then!
  • I can only hope this is true.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"