3rd Trimester

37 wk Appointment

I go in today for my 37 appt today. I am nervous to find out my Strep B results. I really want to be negative so I don't have to stay as long. I'm hoping to have a "boring " appt today. My OB checked me last week and I was 1.5 cm dilated and 30% effaced. I've been having contractions on and off since then  including some horrible back contractions. Who else has an appointment today? Good luck December mommies! I can't believe we are so close to meeting our babies.

Re: 37 wk Appointment

• Your GB test has nothing to do with how long you stay in the hospital, only if you have to receive antibiotics during labor. Good luck at your appointment!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • I have my 37 week appointment today to. Last week I was only 1 cm dilated and not thinned at all. Hoping to find out some progress today! Good luck :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Just had my 38 week apt on tues. My results car back neg for step b. But honestly, it's not a big deal. They just give you iv antibiotics before baby is born while in labor. You will be fine either way. It's common. I was still 1cm dilated and 50 effaced. Also I have lost my mucus plug over the past 4 days! So that's exciting! Haha. Gl!!
  • I have my 37 week appt today too. I am hoping for some more progress this week. He said that I was maybe 1 cm last week and didn't say anything about how effaced I was...saying that I was MAYBE 1 cm didn't sound too promising! I wouldn't worry too much about the strep b test. It will be fine either way! Good Luck!
  • Just got back from my appt and all looks good. My strep B came  back negative. Now to spend the rest of my day cleaning and decorating.
  • imageMrsCarroll.6-10-07:
    Your GB test has nothing to do with how long you stay in the hospital, only if you have to receive antibiotics during labor. Good luck at your appointment!

Actually here it does. If you are positive, they keep you and baby for 48 hours after delivery just to monitor. They can send mom home, but usually just keep mom til baby is released. With my first I was positive and stayed 48 hours from the time she was born.  

• imageLovemyflightmedic18:

imageMrsCarroll.6-10-07:
    Your GB test has nothing to do with how long you stay in the hospital, only if you have to receive antibiotics during labor. Good luck at your appointment!

Actually here it does. If you are positive, they keep you and baby for 48 hours after delivery just to monitor. They can send mom home, but usually just keep mom til baby is released. With my first I was positive and stayed 48 hours from the time she was born.  

Hmm, at my hospital/practice that wasn't a possibility. I was in for so long with both girls I for different reasons I can't even imagine getting out sooner than 48 hours. =/

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"