June 2011 Moms

Still in crib? (Clicky poll)

Who's L.O.s are still in a crib?

DD got out of her crib for the first time the other day. DH put her in her crib, but she didn't want to be in there, so about a minute later, we heard a big thud! ran in her room and she was on the ground crying (SCARY).

I bought her a sleep sack with foot holes, I am hoping that keeps her in her crib (safely) a little while longer.  So far so good, but I am just wondering what everyone else is doing?

[poll]

July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

Re: Still in crib? (Clicky poll)

• My DD hasn't tried to escape yet (can't imagine what that was like!), but we'll be moving her to a twin bed on the floor around February.  DS probably won't fit in his bassinet anymore and will need the crib!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We cosleep still, she never did like her crib.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Loading the player...
  • So far, we have not had any escape attempts.  So we're happy to keep her in the crib.  Toddler bed isn't even on my radar yet, tbh.

This is probably going to sound like a "duh" question, but.... are you sure the crib is as low as it can go?  I know on ours, you can have it on the lowest notch, but the little bars turn up or down.  Turning them down, made the mattress a good 6 inches lower while on the lowest notch.  

• DS3 climbed out of his bed a few weeks ago, but his crib is in close proximity to one of the other boys beds.  I wasn't ready for him to be in a toddler bed, so we moved his crib away from the other beds and he hasn't tried to climb out again.  I don't think we have much longer, but I'm going to keep him in the crib as long as I can.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Crib until he wakes up at 3am and MW brings him to bed with us.  He hasn't tried to escape more because he knows all he has to do is yell loud enough to get one of us to rescue him.  Most of the time when he wakes up he plays in his crib for a while until he gets too hungry or too wet.

• We are still in the crib and will be as long as possible.  Our crib converts to a toddler bed but I know DH will want to get him a "cool" toddler bed - which I think is a hugh waste of money since the crib converts.  He has not tried to climb out yet so until that happens we are staying put.
  • I voted crib but he has one side off so I guess toddler bed would be the better answer we have had no issues when he wakes at night he sits up in bed I will then usually nurse him back to sleep if he wakes and I don't answer he will climb out and come to our room but that's pretty rare. We still use the baby sensor so we will know if he gets out of bed......that is unless there is a cat or dog sleeping with him
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think DD is still going to be in her crib as a teenager. The girl seriously loves her crib. When she wakes from her nap some days it takes me half an hour to get her out of the crib without protests so I don't foresee her planning her escape any time soon.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• We switched Brynns crib to a toddler bed probably.....9 months ago(ish?) She was never a fan of her crib and always very mobile. That plus we did not ever do any sort of CIO sleep training she loves to sleep in her bed, or we co sleep. When she was a newborn it was a bassinet for the first 3 months, then co-sleeping with our mattress low to the floor. Once she got comfortable going to sleep on our mattress we started transitioning to her toddler bed which was NBD because she knew if she woke up she could always come over and join us. All naps are in her bed, and every night she goes to sleep in her bed. Sometimes she wakes in the night and will come climb in with us to nurse back to sleep or most of the time she will just STTN in her bed. She is teething 4 molars at once right now so she has been coming to our bed around 4AM most nights. I love it, I don't have to wake up, going to sleep is great and stress free, and she is very happy with the arrangement.

• Crib as long as possible is the plan. She escaped once but we suspect it was to get her dolly that fell out of the crib. It was scary.....same THUD you mentioned. She has not tried again. I really think she fell out and didn't actually attempt to climb out. Once she is done with the crib whenever that is, she will get DS's twin bed and he will get her crib converted to a full bed. Not sure how we'll shuffle that when the time comes but we hopefully have time.
  • imagekimbo1216:

So far, we have not had any escape attempts.  So we're happy to keep her in the crib.  Toddler bed isn't even on my radar yet, tbh.

This is probably going to sound like a "duh" question, but.... are you sure the crib is as low as it can go?  I know on ours, you can have it on the lowest notch, but the little bars turn up or down.  Turning them down, made the mattress a good 6 inches lower while on the lowest notch.  

Ha ha :) It would be just like me to miss something obvious like that, but yes our crib is as low as possible. I even double checked when I saw this post just to be sure, lol.

July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• No escape attempts. She sleeps with 5000 stuffed animals now so if she really wanted out, she could definitely stack them and get out. We'll probably switch her in 6 months or so, before the new baby comes.

photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Crib and will be in there until we need her crib for baby #2. We got a convertible one, but aren't sure on our plans. Unless an escape is attempted, she's in there for a while longer.
  • Keaton is still in his crib but he is at, if not over by now, the height restriction for it but I am not ready and either is he.  So far he hasn't tried to get out so for now he will stay put.

We will be moving him into his "big boy" room before the baby comes so we will likely switch him to the toddler bed at the same time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD is still in her crib and I plan on keeping in her in there as long as possible.
    Lilypie - (eo79)
     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I knock on wood as I say this, but I'm not sure DD will ever climb out of her crib.  She's pretty timid and doesn't usually try new things until we point them out.  Plus, she's super short.  I actually think we have one more lower setting on the crib.  Once she does try and climb out her crib converts to a toddler bed and we'll use that.
  • DS is still in his crib. It's a convertible but I don't plan on switching it untill it is absolutly necessary.

He did have one escape around 10 months old. I don't think he escaped but I think he was leaning over and the weight of his head flipped him out. He had just started pulliing himself to stand so I had not had a chance to lower the mattress yet. We've been OK so far but just the other day I saw him attempt to put his knee up over the rail. It makes sense, he's been climbing on absolutely everything! I have one more notch to lower the mattress which I am doing this weekend. I hope that will by us several more months.

• D is still in the crib but we have the mattress on the floor instead of the spring/support. He put his foot up on the top of the rail a few months back - I'm trying to avoid the big crash.
  • we are still cosleeping -- so she is sleeping with me in a queen sized bed.  she never slept in a crib.
  • We still bedshare, however his crib is set up in a daybed style, we will be transitioning him to his bed over the next month.

• DD's on a floor bed, so far she's going well on it, she's not fallen off of it.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"