April 2012 Moms
Options

puffs

have you tried these yet? DS loves his pureed food but seems to have no interest in anything else yet. Ive tried to put pancake, mashed bananna, sweet potato and more in front of him and he just likes to mash his hands in it but not eat it.........when did your LO start to enjoy more of the "big boy/girl" food?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: puffs

• Options
    We just started puffs this weekend. The first time, DD only played with it for a few minutes when we put them in front of her. I thought that she might not have realized they were food, so I gave her one on her weening spoon and then she figured it out pretty quick from there. This morning she was picking them up and eating them like a pro!
  • Options
    The only puffs I can find say 12 months. Did you find some for younger babies?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I started those with DS1 at about 9mo I think. I just tried Baby Mum Mums with DS2, and he is sooo not ready for them. He kept taking huge bites and almost choking!
  • Options
    We're doing baby led weaning, so LO is really good at getting real food into his mouth. Ironically though, he wants nothing to do with the puffs. He'd rather have a hunk of chicken or an apple. The puffs just stick to his fists. He used to like mum mums, but now he gets this gross reaction and slams them into the table until they crumble.
    Micah Leonard
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    We started offering a few puffs and mum mums to DS a couple of weeks ago. It took him a few days but now he gets excited to eat them and play with them.
  • Options
    LO has been eating puffs since 5 months.  She loves them!  I've offered wagon wheels as well, but recently she has started putting the whole thing in her mouth.  Because the gerber brands stick to her grimy hands, I've started giving cheerios. Within the last week or two she's started getting them to her own mouth!  I really don't think there is any reason why kids under the age of 12 mo can have them.  All babies are different, and they are ready for them at different times.  Good luck! 
  • Options

imageSteelCity44:
    The puffs just stick to his fists. He used to like mum mums, but now he gets this gross reaction and slams them into the table until they crumble.

We have these same problems! Puffs and Mum Mums just get stuck everywhere. LO has been practicing with Cheerios the last few weeks and he LOVES them! He's gotten pretty good at getting them in his mouth; however, the dogs are sad that they aren't getting as many on the floor.

• Options

I've been giving them to her for a while now but only recently has she actually put one in her mouth, chewed and swallowed. And she still misses more often than not.

I do not put them in her mouth, nor any food I consider a possible choking hazard. Just because it seems to make sense to me, that when she can put it in her own mouth, she would be more ready for it.

She does better with MumMums as she can grip them. Sometimes I dip them in applesauce or yogurt and she licks it off.

• Options
    I gave puffs for the first time today. She wasn't in love with them. We do BLW  (and like steel said) she'd rather have whole foods. I cut her food into sticks there's a "handle" to hold onto.The puffs seemed to get lost in her fist and so she just sucked on her whole hand. 
  • Options
    i've been reading recently that it's more like 9months (or a little before) when they realize what to do with the food on their high chair. b/c we've tried bananas and stuff like that too and LO just kinda plays with it
    TTC#2: 8/17/14 // BFP: 9/5/14

TTC#1: 7/30/11 // BFP: 8/22/11
    DS: Carson Robert 4/29/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"