November 2012 Moms

Swaddling

Are you swaddling your LO? Or planning to?

We swaddled DD for about the first week, then quit bevause it seemed like she didn't like it. Now, we've started again around 2 weeks...she's 3.5 now...and sleeps SO much better swaddled.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Swaddling

• I do, Audrey loves it (2w).

BFP #1- 11/7/10 ~EDD 7/20/11 ~M/C (bo) 12/6/10 @ 8wks ~Missing my Little Firework

BFP #2- 9/11/11 ~EDD 5/25/12 ~M/C (mmc10w)11/4/11 @ 11wks ~Missing my May Flower

BFP #3- 02/21/12 ~EDD 11/1/12  Audrey Lee Born 11/4/2012

BFP #4 ~EDD 6/20/14 stick baby stick!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Well, we're only on day two, but so far Logan loves being swaddled, so we'll keep doing it as long as it makes him happy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #1 since 3/11

BFP #1 5/4/11 EDD 1/12/12 natural m/c 5/17/11

BFP #2 8/9/11 EDD 4/18/12 ectopic pregnancy (methotrexate) 8/24/11 ruptured tube and removal 8/29/11

BFP #3 3/9/12 EDD 11/19/12 Logan born 11/18/12

BFP #4 10/21/14 EDD 6/30/15

~*~*Everyone Welcome*~*~
  • Loading the player...
  • Yep, Kalista seems to need it so we're swaddling her at night. She does fine without it during the day though.
  • I swaddled DD and am doing so again with DS. both my kids slept much better that way.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We are swaddling most of the time.  Sometimes Vivi seems like she loves it & like she's overwhelmed with out being swaddled, but then other times she flips when we swaddle her & goes crazy trying to break free.  She likes having her hands by her head.  We can't figure out what she prefers.  I think she is better off swaddled, majority of the time, for now.  She'll be 3 weeks on Wednesday. 

• We swaddle. He got really use to it being in the NICU as they always swaddled him in a sleep sack. Most of the time he works his hands out at some point, but it really helps him fall asleep and it keeps him good and warm. I have a couple of the Halo sacks that are great and I am completely in love with the Aden and Anais swaddle blankets (Target). 
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • I hadn't planned to and never did with my first 2 kids but this little guy sleeps much better at night when he is swaddled. We are using a Halo Swaddle sleep sack so its pretty easy to swaddle him in my half-asleep state in the middle of the night.. best baby gift we received for this little guy!
    Mommy of 3! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We've been keeping her swaddled a lot.  I tend to leave one little arm out for her because she likes to have it by her face.
    Pregnancy Ticker

photo 9c28f28c-5aae-4b20-8f02-ea27ec37f516_zpsdaed06b5.jpg
  • I try to swaddle him, but he likes to put his hands on the sides of his head and stretches his legs out. I sometimes swaddle still.. I wish he liked it more. Oh well.
  • DD hated it and slept better without it. I don't think I'll do it with this one either
  • Carter loves being swaddled, if he's not in the moby he has to be swaddled or he'll freak out.  My little burrito lol
  • DH was better at it than me so the first week we were home that he had off of work, he would swaddle him. After he went back to work, I never tried again. But since the witching hour dilemma, I decided to try swaddling him last night. I've gotten better at it and I plan to keep trying at night.

FTR, but off topic, last night was better in that he did sleep in his bassinet/pnp and not on my chest... But the witching hour was still present and hard. I'm optimistic though that we are getting closer and I think swaddling will help.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"