3rd Trimester

Weight gain poll

Hey Ladies

I'm a little over 26 weeks. I'm up 25lbs now. I wanted to see where others are/were at/around this time in there pregnancy. With DS I had gained twice the weight already (I had pre-e and gained way too much weight but it all came off in the end). 

Thank you! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Weight gain poll

• I'm 33 weeks along. Before conceiving, I think I weighed around 120-125. I now weigh about 157. This is the MOST I've EVER weighed, and boy do I feel it! The doctor tells me I'll probably end up gaining a total of 40 pounds, but she's not worried, since I started out small. I thought for sure I was going to end up with gestational diabetes, because my mom had it, but so far I'm healthy! :)

I think I was around 20-25 lbs gained at 26 weeks.

• Everyone is going to be a little different depending on where they started, but FWIW, I'm 29 weeks and have gained 15 lbs.... it is average to gain 25-30 lbs if you started at your recommended weight, but it really only matters what your MW/OB thinks...
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm 35 weeks and have gained 18 pounds so far. I did start over weight though, and I was hoping to gain <20 lbs, but I'm sure I'll be closer to 25 when all is said and done. 

Anniversary g
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagebrinaroze1:
    I'm 33 weeks along. Before conceiving, I think I weighed around 120125. I now weigh about 157. This is the MOST I've EVER weighed, and boy do I feel it! The doctor tells me I'll probably end up gaining a total of 40 pounds, but she's not worried, since I started out small. I thought for sure I was going to end up with gestational diabetes, because my mom had it, but so far I'm healthy! :I think I was around 2025 lbs gained at 26 weeks.

I have gained about 40 and I was 120 to start. I've never ever been this heavy and it's taking a toll on me. No gd or pree either...very annoying.
  • I'm 35 weeks and I've gained 33 pounds, when I was 28 weeks I believe I had gained 28 pounds.

• I'm up 15 at 28wks, but began overweight so should only gain 20 total. Right...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am 5'1, started at 126, and I am currently up 18lbs at 28 weeks. I can definitely see the rate of gaining weight increasing in this trimester, though - I'm ravenous all the time!

Archer Liam - 2/6/13
    Freya Lillian - 11/15/15
  • I started underweight and have gained 35 lbs, now at just over 40 weeks. 
    Sept 2013 started TTC#2 (never got PP period so hoping for the first egg to drop)
    Jan 2014 - diagnosed POF (Premature Ovarian Failure) and told pregnancy not possible without egg donor because my ovaries would never function again with my hormone levels (FSH 136, LH 98.6, AMH <.03, estradiol 0, HCG 7) - using acupuncture, chiropractic care and TCM herbs / supplements
    March 11, 2014 ovulated despite every doctors prognosis!!!
    Oct 2014 hormones (FSH 48, Estradiol 89, HCG 1) not good, but heckuva lot better!

Nov. 16, 2015 FET of single adopted 5AA embryo - BFN
    Read all about my TCC Journey here in my Blog Taking Back My Ovaries
  • FYI, if you have the word "poll" in your title, people are going to open expecting a poll. Just letting you know. 

At 28 weeks I think I'd gained 20 lbs? Now I'm almost to 30... thank you swelling and water retention! :(  

EDD#1 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    EDD#2 2.20.16 I love you already! <3

BabyFruit Ticker
    FEB16 Siggy Challenge Fave TV mom
  • I'm 27 weeks, and have gained about 15 ish pounds. But I'm not always super hungry, either.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm almost 38w and ive gained 40 lb as of today and i feel like crap over it! My legs are also VERY swollen this week, so I think it may be why but im not sure. I am ready to drop some of it!

• I?m up 8lbs I think. Last appoint 2 weeks ago I was up 6.

Ive had no MS and an easy pregnancy so far. Started off at 130lbs and Im 5ft 2.

This time last pregnancy I was up about 25lbs.

My Dr isnt concerned but he wld like to see weight gain at my next appoint when Ill be just over 30 weeks.

• I'm 34 weeks and have gained 30lbs.  I hope I don't gain anymore...feeling pretty swollen these days :)
  • I started out at 145 and am now 170.  I am 5'8".  I was a little heavier than I would have preferred when I got ku, but still at a healthy weight for my height and activity level. 
  • 30 weeks 10 lbs.

• Last time I looked when I was weighed I was up 35lbs which was a couple of weeks ago. I didn't gain anything until 22weeks though so it's came on very fast. My MW isn't worried about it. I've ate pretty healthy and like a PP I've been dealing with horrible foot/leg/hand swelling.

• I am 37 weeks and up 20 lbs. I had gained 9 lbs at week 26 (but I was also a little overweight pre pregnancy.)
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary photo 09a19b84-ff26-4a5d-8334-d53d5b67861d_zps1875aa4a.jpg photo 23150a8a-e416-48cd-ac19-ec0eeb7aaac0_zpsf9de68c0.jpg
  • I am 35 weeks and have gained 35 lbs at about 28 weeks I had gained about 26 lbs so I am right around where you are. Last week I had only gained 30 but this was a very bad week and I have gained 3 lbs... 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Ughhh. 35 weeks and gained 50. I have cried more in the Dr office over this. I wasn't tiny when I got pregnant. I'm 5'5" and weighed 150 and my doctor doesn't seem concerned. Everyone says I'm all belly, but man it sucks.
    IMG_4940vin-1-1 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • At 28 weeks I'm up 15 lbs. this baby still has a lot of growing to do!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 38 weeks today and gained about 13 pounds, but I was overweight to begin with.  I swear it's low from chasing a toddler all day and not being able to rest when I need to :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Started off overweight.

@35 weeks, I'm up 3-5lbs, depending on the day.

@30 weeks,  I hadn't gained anything yet.

I haven't altered my diet in anyway, and I stopped walking my daily 2 miles somewhere around the second month. So, I got hit with the lucky stick.

My mom gained 6lbs during her pregnancy with me. I was an 8lb 9oz baby. lol. So, it looks like I might be following in her shoes, and leaving the hospital weighing less than I did when I got pregnant.

2/12: 100 mg Clomid + Bravelle last minute+ back to back IUI. BFN
    3/12 150mg Clomid + B2B IUI =BFP!! TWINS!
    Vanishing twin at week 6
    Tater-tot born January 3rd 2013

2 IUI's in 2016- BFN
    3 IUI's in 2017- BFN
    8/17 IUI BFP!!!!!!!!
  • I've gained 40 lbs as of now. Awesome.
  • I'm 35 weeks and have gained 13 lbs.  I started out underweight and then had HG on top of that and lost about 15 lbs in the first tri.
  • 37 weeks and have gained 46 lbs. I started out 15 lbs underweight though so my doctor is concerned.
  • imagelivelaughlove9:
    37 weeks and have gained 46 lbs. I started out 15 lbs underweight though so my doctor is concerned.

Isn't**

• I've gained 18 lbs so far.

I think at 28 weeks I had gained 12 lbs.

BFP #1: 4/2/12 -- DD born 12/15/12. BFP #2: 4/1/14 -- CP. BFP #3: 4/28/14 -- EDD 1/10/15

Jan 15  NOV siggy challenge: 

• 33.5 weeks, 23 pounds but if I keep eating cheese for breakfast I think I'm going to start packing it on.
  • I am 34 weeks tomorrow, and I'm hovering at 29-30lbs so far.  I gained 35 with DS, so I am hoping to stick to that this time, too.

BFP 12/19/08- DS born 8/25/09 9lbs2oz via Zavanelli Maneuver
    BFP 8/26/11- Missed miscarriage discovered 10/19/11 at 11w2d, measured at 9 weeks gestation w/ no HB. D&C 10/21/11
    BFP 3/17/12 at 12dpo CP 3/21/12
    BFP 4/23/12 at 10dpo Stick my little one! Beta #1: 83.3 @ 13dpo Beta #2: 197.7 @ 15dpo
    Our little man is getting bigger every day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My BFP Chart
  • imageLittleLuvBug:
    I'm up 15 at 28wks, but began overweight so should only gain 20 total. Right...

lol I'm 29 weeks tomorrow and have gained 22 pounds, same boat....started overweight and was told I should only gain 25 total. Yaaa....shucks. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My weight gain was anything but linear. I, like I did with my last pregnancy, gained a bunch in my 2nd tri and tapered in my 3rd.

So..

26 wks = 21 lbs
    28 wks = 26 lbs
    30 wks = 27 lbs
    32 wks = 30 lbs

And I'm sitting at 37 weeks at 31 lbs. I gained 10 lbs in 6 weeks and stopped, basically.

• I will be 28 weeks on Thursday and am up about 21-22 pounds! Psychologically that's been difficult, but physically I am still all baby and don't look like I've gained anywhere else. I have energy and minimal discomfort so I guess I am pretty lucky! My doc also isn't concerned...she said I've been gaining slow and steady. :-)

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• I started at 166 and I'm now 189 at almost 32 weeks so I've gained 23lbs so far.  At 28 weeks I had gained about 20lbs
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • My gain has definitely not been evenly distributed.  I had zero gain at 20w, and am now up 22lbs at 37w4d.

::The sudden disappointment of a hope leaves a scar that even the ultimate fullfillment of that hope cannot fully erase:: Thomas Hardy

BFP #1: 07/08/11  EDD: 03/22/12  Missed miscarriage @ 8w: 08/11/11, stopped growing @ 6w6d
    BFP #2: 03/26/12  EDD: 12/07/12  We have a HB at 7w!! (04/20/12)  CSD born 12/12/12 
    BFP #3: 08/05/14  Chemical Pregnancy at 4w3d 08/06/14
    BFP #4: 10/02/14  EDD: 06/10/15  Miscarriage at 6w6d 10/22/14

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• At 26 weeks, I was up 20 lbs.

I am 5'2, began at 136 lbs. I'm now up to 162 at 34 weeks. So I've gained 8 lbs in 8 weeks. Wowzers.

• I'm 34 weeks and gained 15 so far. 

• At my 28-week appt. I was up 20 lbs.  My goal was to stay closer to 25 this time around, but I don't think that's going to happen!  I gained about 35 with DD.

• 5ft tall, 120lbs to begin with.

20w - 129 lbs

27w - 136 lbs

32w - 140 lbs 

34w - 142 lbs

So, 22 lbs until now (Im 34 weeks) I gained most of my weight in my second trimester. 

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I am 34 weeks and have gained 3 lbs. 

I also had pre-e with my first and gained way too much (50 lbs. and wasn't thin to begin with).  I didn't have GD that time but do now, so what I can eat has been limited and has stopped me from gaining like I did the first time.  I'd like to think that even without the GD diagnosis I would have learned my lesson and not gained as much this time, but in the end I think the GD is a blessing in disguise.

DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • I've gained 19lbs from what I weighed at my first appointment at 4weeks along. My weight was average before getting pregnant and my OB would like me to gain between 25-35lbs by delivery. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"