Pregnant after 35

Maternity underwear. Yay or nay?

So, I can handle my pants falling down every 10 minutes, but not my underwear and my pants. So it may be time to look into maternity underwear. So far, looking online, they don't look like anything other than regular underwear that dips under the belly. That is what my current underwear does-- and falls down as a result. Anyone with previous children or who is farther along in their pregnancy have any advice or feedback on the underwear issue? Part of me wants to just start wearing men's boxer briefs. (Yes, I'm THAT sexy.)
*********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
        -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
<br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

Re: Maternity underwear. Yay or nay?

• I never got any. They are expensive and didnt seem worth it. I would just look at getting a bikini cut in a larger size. I also prefer hanes cotton one but that is me.
  • I haven't gotten any.  I have popped (and am carrying high) and just make sure I grab the bikini cut ones our of the drawer.  Seems to be working ok so far.  But I have learned that higher waisted ones are out for the next several months.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • I just bought some new undies yesterday!  I just got a larger bikini cut like PP said.  My normal ones aren't covering my growing booty anymore:(  I got Jockey comfies and they are dreamy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I feel like they'll just still fall down, though. I don't need them bigger anywhere but my belly-- and I already wear bikini cut so they don't ride high to begin with...

I'm going to have to try and do more research, but it's not like they really make a lot of options. I'm glad the industry has decided that there is a need for maternity thongs, however, because of course that's super comfortable.
    *********************************************************************************************

-- Abraham Lincoln

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >

• I was just thinking about this yesterday they don't fall down on me, but my once very comfy undies are now digging into me and they're all bikini cut,  i'm going shopping today so maybe will try some different versions and see what sticks! I had to upgrade from a C to a D cup last week, do your boobs just keep growing the entire pregnancy or do they level off at some point?
    nate and teddy
    Me 41 DH 46  Not actively ttc, surprise BFP on 1/6/11! 4/1/11 m/c our sunshine at 16wks after complications from CVS test. TTC #2 **5th cycle 12/6/11 BFP! Missed m/c at 9 weeks 1/21/12, trisomy 14. Two Chemical PG 3/12&7/12
    ** BFP 8/16/12 beta #1 148! beta#2 407 beta #3 4000 u/s 9.10 1 lovely hb 126, Baby Boy is due 04/28/13!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I hate the maternity underwear I bought! It does dip down below my belly, and it just feels like it's falling down. I prefer my regular underwear.

With my first two pregnancies, I was able to find big granny panty type maternity underwear that was wonderful. It came up over the belly. It was very comfy, plus it was a nice light cotton, and that was a nice layer to have between my lotioned-up belly and my pants. By putting on a lot of lotion, then the panties, before the pants, it kept my belly from itching. I REALLY need to find some like that again!  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagedhreczuck:
    I was just thinking about this yesterday they don't fall down on me, but my once very comfy undies are now digging into me and they're all bikini cut,  i'm going shopping today so maybe will try some different versions and see what sticks! I had to upgrade from a C to a D cup last week, do your boobs just keep growing the entire pregnancy or do they level off at some point?

I have finally outgrown my bras to the point that I can't use them anymore because they hurt so much. I hope my boobs don't grow much bigger. Until I buy a new bra (big $$), I am wearing sports bras that are kinda snug and give me one huge, smushed boob-- very unflattering.

I have no idea what the next step up from DD is, either-- is there an E? I've only ever seen "Fs." I need to try and find some non-underwire ones on top of it. Time to hit the specialty lingerie shop, I fear. Where some old lady will want to measure me.

-- Abraham Lincoln

• imagedhreczuck:
    I was just thinking about this yesterday they don't fall down on me, but my once very comfy undies are now digging into me and they're all bikini cut,  i'm going shopping today so maybe will try some different versions and see what sticks! I had to upgrade from a C to a D cup last week, do your boobs just keep growing the entire pregnancy or do they level off at some point?

Mine sort of stopped growing at some point and then they got super huge when my milk came in.  I got a couple of maternity tanks and sleep bra things, similar to a sports bra, before DS was born but then waited until my milk came in to get nursing bras.  I am almost 29 weeks now though and they seem to be getting bigger and bigger and  bigger...along with my hips and butt.  I can totally relate to the undies digging in.  The new ones I got yesterday are wonderful...totally granny-panty but I could care less.  It's not like I'm feeling sexy right now anyway...I just wanna be comfy.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD = E
    DDD = F
    I am thankful that my DDs are still just that I don't want them any bigger!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I never got any.
  • This is my first pregnancy and I too am growing out of my regular bras at just six weeks! YIKES...I though am trying to keep it fun...I found a website www.hotmilk.com that has some options....however, everyone just tells me by it all a size bigger....I guess I will soon find out!
    First Pregnancy...38 and excited! SO is 36 and over the moon as well! Everything is new right now, but sometimes things happen just as they should! Surprise surprise!
  • I tried going up one size in underwear.  That worked until last week.  Now they are falling down and are really uncomfortable.  DH saw me changing and told me that my underwear looked like it was hanging on for dear life.  I am going to try the maternity ones that go over my bump.  I have found that my pre-pregnancy boy shorts fit better than my sized up bikinis.
    BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • I bought some each time I was pregnant. They were well worth it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagechmana:
    I bought some each time I was pregnant. They were well worth it.

Did you buy the low cut or the ones that go over the bump?

BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • I bought maternity briefs from Motherhood last pregnancy. I can't stand anything below my belly, it feels like they're going to fall off. I dind't need them until well into the 2nd tri, but they were cheap and worth it.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagedhreczuck:

Mine are still growing. I bought new bras back in week 13, they don't fit at all any more.  That was a bit of a waste, really. The one thing at works is a stretchy sports bra type thing. But no one of those jogging bras that make you jiggle proof, more like a tight soft tank top.   I hope mine stop this madness soon. It's like they're in competition with my bump.

BabyFetus Ticker
    Home in the bush.
  • I never bought the maternity undies - I just bought low-rise boy shorts in the next size up. I still fit into my bras, but I was actively losing weight when I got pregnant and was probably due for a new fitting anyway. I only went from a D to a DD last time, so for me they just did not keep growing. But, my milk never came in, so they might have just gotten bigger because I got too fat/gained too much weight.
    Son #1 is already 2! Not too much longer until Son No.2 arrives! Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Didn't waste the money. I wore thongs before hand and they still fit me just as comfortable as before. Most are one size fits all so I figured they shouldn't be a problem with just a big but, but a big belly too!! At 28 weeks, they're still fine. I"m just glad my cup size hasn't increased. I was at a DD before pregnancy and still wearing the same ones. I'm scared that if I go out and purchase a new set of bras that I won't be able to wear them after the baby.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I bought 2 different kinds of maternity underwear at black Friday sales.  Nay to both of them.  They are ugly and uncomfortable.  My pre-pregnancy underwear fits better than the new ones.  I am still on the search for the elusive comfortable maternity panties.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"