Babies: 6 - 9 Months

6 month old - suddenly not sleeping??

LO slept from 4-6 months from 7:30  - 6:30 am every night, straight through.  He was such a good sleeper, finally!  All of a sudden, for the past week and a half, he is waking up crying every night, anywhere from 1-4 times.   He cries, we pick him up, rock him, then he is back out.   We didn't want to get him Ina bad habit so the one night we didn't pick hm up and just tried rubbing his belly he turned hysterical.  

Is it teething?  Wouldn't he keep crying if it was?  Nightmares?   Just so weird he slept so great for 2 month snow suddenly he is up every night.   Help! 

Re: 6 month old - suddenly not sleeping??

• This happened to us for about a week.  I blamed it on teething initially, but looking back, I think it was a growth spurt.  I'd just wait it out.  My LO also ate ALOT more during the day too.  Funny stuff.
  • How old is your LO?

DD was finally starting to sleep longer stretches, but had an awful night last night (I was having 4 month wakeful and newborn flashbacks). I know it was only one night, but I'm wondering if it was a growth spurt or something else... We'll see what happens tonight.

Hope your LO starts to sleep again soon! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • That has happened for us during growth spurts and right before a tooth popped out. Hopefully it passes quickly for y'all.
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• It might be teething and/or night-time separation anxiety.  At this age, they are starting to become very aware of everything around them, including who their parents are and feeling worried when the parent is not visible. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Have you recently started solids? My LO started being super wakeful after introducing them.
    Eleanor Gwendolyn
  • My LO has been doing this for the past month and he turns 6 months old tomorrow.  For the first 2 weeks, I would go in and give him his pacifier and he would fall back asleep. As soon as the pacifier fell out, he was awake.  I would then rock him back asleep.  The last 2 weeks, I've been nursing him.  This worked until last night.  I nursed him and he stayed awake for the next 1.5 hours.  His eating schedule was totally off all day yesterday with no explanation.  I'm guessing he's going through a growth spurt may teething but for the past month??!!!  I'm out of ideas.
  • We sent through this. 22 weeks on the dot she stopped sleeping. She'd sleep 1 hour, 45 minutes, cry hysterically, some interest in eating. I thought growth spurt. 23 weeks- it got worse, she wanted to play- no interest in eating (comfort sucking only). I blamed teething. 24 weeks- Hubby and I could no longer function, we had to sleep in shifts.. And I caught little miss smiling at the door in between crying. So we sleep trained (cry it out). We checked at 2 minutes (that was the worst, when she realized we weren't picking her up), 5, 10 and 15. She cried for 45 mintues and then slept 8 hours!!!

The next night she cried for 15 minutes and slept for another 10. The following night she didn't cry at all, but did wake at 2 am. Fed her, got her back in bed, 5 minutes of crying, slept until 7.

Last night was night 4, no tears, slept 10 hours.

Not saying this is for you guys, but saying that this was a sign to us that LO needed some help to sleep on her own. I think it was just object permanence. Before, if she fell asleep in our arms and woke up in her bed, it was okay because that was still safe. Now she can remember that she fell asleep in one place and woke up somewhere else. And that upset her. Plus good old fashioned manipulation-"if I cry mommy/daddy will rock me. Yeah!!"

Again, I listened to my daughter and she was saying that she couldn't sleep, so I helped her.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"