Trouble TTC

Strangulated ovary?

Yesterday I came out and told my mom about our IF struggles. I'm glad I did, because she was really awesome about it. She told me that when I was little I had a strangulated ovary as a result of an intestinal hernia. I knew about the hernia, and I knew that I had surgery to get it repaired, but all this time I never knew my ovary was involved. Apparently my mom asked at the time if this would mean I would have difficulty getting pregnant someday and the doctor said no. That was 26 years ago though, what if they just didn't know? Or what if the surgeon made an error? My mom is going to look into finding out which ovary it was. I tried researching it online but I didn't find much, only that it is most common in infants. I was 18 months when it happened to me so it fits. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else has had this or has heard of it.
TTC since June, 2011 with anovulatory PCOS, 1 blocked tube, and mild MFI
3rd cycles clomid + Ovidrel = BFN
4th cycles letrozole/Ovidrel + IUI = BFN
IVF #1 = BFP! Twins due 2/5/2014
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Strangulated ovary?

• No experience here, but I would definitely let my RE know.  Just dropping by to say good luck! :)
    After 1.5 years TTC, IUI #2= BFP 12/2/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"And the dream that you dare to dream really do come true"

• Same as Millie I have no experience with this. However I know that it can happen in small animals (dogs and cats) rare but can happen. Let your RE know! I wish you the answers you need! GL 
    ITS A GIRL!!! TTC 8/11 November Clomid 150mg+trigger+IUI+TI= BFP<br>
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' 
    Eleanor Roosevelt 
    image image 
  • Loading the player...
  • crazy I have a similar story. I also had bilateral inguinal hernia repairs right where my ovaries are located when i was about 4 and 5.  My mom also asked if it would affect me...they told her no! Since my second loss my mom has been stuck on this issue. My RE doesn't listen (he is far from holistic) he just wants IVF which i am refusing at this time.  I am going to start receiving Pelvic Massage Therapy.  Look it up. I can feel the scar tissue that I have and so can she.  She is going to disadhear the scar tissue.  My OB is all for this, but he loves natural medicine.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Me: 24 DH: 27 12/7/2011- Faint BFP #1- 12/18/2011- early m/c at 5 weeks- CP 1/30/2012- Faint BFP #2- 2/17/2012-early miscarriage at 6 weeks- CP RLP done- 1 copy C77T hetero MTHFR-Slight hypothyroid-normal HSG. 8/2012 and 9/2012 Clomid + TI= BFN 10/2012- follistim 7.5 and IUI #1- BFN (pressured into this IUI) 12/2012-BFP #3- 2 days later started bleeding. 3rd CP. 1/18/2013 BFP #4. Beta #1- 14.7(10dpo) 99.5(13dpo) 263 15(dpo).STICK LITTLE PEANUT- WE LOVE YOU!
  • imagejess8788:
    crazy I have a similar story. I also had bilateral inguinal hernia repairs right where my ovaries are located when i was about 4 and 5.nbsp; My mom also asked if it would affect me...they told her no! Since my second loss my mom has been stuck on this issue. My RE doesn't listen he is far from holistic he just wants IVF which i am refusing at this time.nbsp; I am going to start receiving Pelvic Massage Therapy.nbsp; Look it up. I can feel the scar tissue that I have and so can she.nbsp; She is going to disadhear the scar tissue.nbsp; My OB is all for this, but he loves natural medicine.
    GOOD LUCK!!!

I will definitely look into this! I will see my RE this week and I will talk to her about it then. She knows about the hernia repair, just not that it involved one of my ovaries.

Thanks for the responses ladies!
    TTC since June, 2011 with anovulatory PCOS, 1 blocked tube, and mild MFI
    3rd cycles clomid + Ovidrel = BFN
    4th cycles letrozole/Ovidrel + IUI = BFN
    IVF #1 = BFP! Twins due 2/5/2014
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"