1st Trimester

Finding your uterus?

OK I have read that you can feel for your uterus and if you can measure it it may help you kinda have an idea of your DD (since I am somewhere between 8 and 12 weeks)

Has anyone had any luck with this??? I was laying on bed trying this morning and I cant tell how hard to push...first i thought well maybe i'm not pushing hard enough..then it turned to well did I just push to hard and is that really what I'm feeling? lol

I was just wondering if anyone had any luck with this that they could give me some advice...I wanna try it but what if I push to hard and what am i really feeling for? lol

3 year old son Married 09/03/2011 TTC 02/2012 BFP 05/2012 M/C 06/2012 BFP 10/2012 Stick baby stick!

Re: Finding your uterus?

• Hmm... if you're closer to 8 weeks, then it might just be too small to find.  Even at 12 weeks it might be too small to be really noticeable... But others have told me it feels small, round, and firm, right above your pubic bone.  That is if you're around 12 weeks and if it's popped up out of the pelvic cavity.  Otherwise it's sort of nestled in a whole bunch of other organs and bone.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker FuzziBunz at Nurtured Family
  • If the latest you could be is 12 weeks you're not going to find it.  It doesn't rise from behind your pelvic bone until 12 weeks so there would be nothing to feel.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Loading the player...
  • I could find mine just past 11w (though baby is measuring ahead of what I think) but only in standing. I still have a hard time feeling anything when lying down. My uterus seems to fall back into my body when lying.
    BFP#1 11/25/11 EDD 08/09/12 MMC 01/30/12 D&C 02/01/12
    BFP#2 09/11/12 beta1=72 @13dpo beta2=160 @14dpo beta3=over 6000 @24dpo U/S @7w2dd hb=146bpm U/S @8w5d hb=159bpm U/S @12w hb=164bpm
    EDD 05/20/13
    My Ovulation Chart
  • I can't feel mine yet and I'm almost 12 weeks with my second. Try again in a few weeks. You'll know when you feel it.

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • I can only feel it when I'm standing up, I can't feel anything when I'm lying down! My tummy above my pubic bone has felt firm since about 7 weeks, and I have definitely felt a rounded shape for the last couple of weeks. Just feel around the sides, like just above outer corners of your pubic hair (assuming it looks like an upside-down triangle!), and you should be able to feel the edges. You'll know it when you feel it. :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #2 9/5/2012 -- Born 5/20/2013 -- Welcome, rainbow baby!
    BFP #1 1/24/12 -- No HB 2/16/12 -- Misoprostol 3/10/12
    image image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"