Food Allergy

Symptom Question for food allergy

Hi,

Just wondering did your LO ever JUST have mucus and blood in their diaper with no stool?

Re: Symptom Question for food allergy

• DD2 sometimes had diapers that were just green mucous and tested positive for blood. She's MSPI and her poop went back to normal after I'd been dairy and soy free for about 5 wks. 
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Have you heard of gluten allergies having that symptom? During his colonscopys they took biopsys and said no wheat allergy and no crohns. Also had blood tests done and all tested negative for food allergies. He's full of energy and doesn't seem uncomfortable.
  • Loading the player...
  • My daughter started getting mucous in her stool after an immunization that somehow enhanced her allergy to milk.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My son was just diagnosed with MSPI about a week and a half ago and he has this quite frequently. Generally there is stool with the mucus and blood but he does get just the mucus and the blood. I'm new to this whole thing, but from what his doctor explained it's a somewhat less common symptom (?). Like I said I'm new so I could be wrong.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • We did go a month without any dairy/soy so I don't think it's MSPI. One of his doctors wants to go for a whole month without any food, just elecare. Another doctor doesn't think its a food allergy.
  • Has he been tested for Celiacs? (It's just a blood test).
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • He tested negative for Celiac.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"