3rd Trimester

What do YOU want for Christmas?

I am getting asked this by a variety of family members.  I really don't "need" anything and I keep telling them.  They are pressuring DH for ideas.

I really don't know what to say since I'm not sure what size clothes I'd even have them buy me.

So I'm looking to copy ideas.  :)  Tell me what you want and maybe I can find something to tell the family they can get me!

Thank you for sharing!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What do YOU want for Christmas?

• My husband just asked me this. Here's what I told him:

A short getaway--staying overnight in a nearby town (historic hotel) and having brunch there the next morning

Pedicure gift cards

I did hint to my mom that I'd like a basic sewing machine. It is harder to think of things I would like now that I am older and have kids. My mind is more in getting things for my son and for the daughter I have on the way. I'm all for experience type gifts rather than material gifts at this point, though. 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I asked for things like nursing camies and comfortable nursing pj's. things I can be warm and comfortable in for when the baby arrives. And of course a gift card to Macy's because I love my Clinique makeup and skin care products.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Prenatal Massage
    Pedicure
    iTunes Gift Card [for music]
    Maternity [or XL] PJ pants
    Breastfeeding Book
    ClipDown Nursing Tanks
    Newborn Photo Package
    Anything from baby registry
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DH and I are getting each other a digital SLR camera as a joint gift. Like you, there's not much I really want and this will definitely come in handy (it's becoming increasingly difficult to photograph DS now that he runs around and I fear that trying to capture 2 kiddos on a point and shoot will be impossible!)

Ideas I've given my mom and MIL are: pretty scarves and bracelets, a new knife block, mani/pedi gift certificates, and scented candles.

BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Easytonurse PJs
    Gift cert to get my car detailed before the baby comes
    Slippers
    New camera
    Pedicure

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Make-up from Benefit (I am low)

Ju-Ju-Be diaper bag (the one I have now is too small)

Nursing tops

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• I told my mom that I really want a keurig coffee maker.

There are a few other kitchen gadgets that I would like also. I just started shopping around on amazon and started a wish list a while back.
    On it I have everything from material to sew with to new pair of shoes to kitchen gadgets and jewelry.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    'Til He returns, or calls me home,
    Here in the power of Christ I stand.
  • I asked my parents for a steam mop and my sister for a pandora one subscription because DS and I listen to toddler radio all the time as well as a sleepy time radio station before he goes to bed. H and I don't exchange and I don't think I've told his parents anything yet but maybe a gift card to motherhood for more nursing Camis would be great!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I want some china keeper/storage bags. We received some wonderful china for our wedding but don't have room/want for a formal china cabinet but I'd like to have the china out and more useable since right now its still boxed up and taking up room in the top of baby girls closet. So this gift is kind of two fold for me . . it helps get stuff out of babies closet and makes the china more useable/store-able in our kitchen.
  • An unoccupied uterus?

No.... um.

Gift cards to treats for later. So Vickies, Lush, Old Navy, Gene Juarez, ect

Immersion blender

2qt Crock pot

Espresso Machine

Nice slippers

Robe

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm agreeing with pp's on the spa idea

Other than that I want a morning to sleep in, and that's kind of it. Lame.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I asked for gift cards, a new knife, a bunch of baking toys for the kitchen, some cds, and some other random stuff.  It is hard to come up with things as you get older, but there's always upgrading your stuff! 
  • There is literally nothing I want. I mean I can always come up with something if I had to but there is nothing I can say I would like for anyone to get me including DH. 
  • Crock pot

new pillow

juicer (will be a joint present)

new ipod (buying for myself)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I need a new laminator - for preserving all of the daycare artwork treasures from DS. I would like some Itunes gift cards, and DH and I are looking into a small deep freezer for the garage - either we will buy it for ourselves or hint to all the parents that is what we want for a joint gift. I also want second gel chef's mat for the kitchen - I got one last year and it is awesome.
  • I want new sheets and towels, a Keurig, and I think DH and I are going to give each other new appliances. I want to do some upgrades and a new backsplash in the kitchen. Like a pp  mentioned, a new camera is a great present. We gave each other one the Christmas after DD was born. She was just too quick for our old point and shoot digital.
    imageimage
  • A camera or money towards a good camera.  (All we have are our cells since the break it.)

Gift cards (Publix, pedicure, Lowes/Home Depot)

Have our cars detailed.  

I am endlessly practical.  Since there's nothing I want, I ask for things we need, which might be boring, but then it leaves me guilt free, when I realize there is something I want later on in the year.

• DH is getting me a new phone (finally get the discounted price with renewed plan in December)

I think I'd just like a new robe and some gift cards for salon or clothes. Can't think of anything else I really want.

Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • I want things off of my registry.

Maybe a steam mop, a waffle maker, new camera. 

Thats about it, I just want a baby really. That's what my husband is getting for Christmas! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imageNana_Osaki06:

An unoccupied uterus?

No.... um.

HAHA!!! 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My family has the right idea- we are all going out to dinner together instead of buying each other presents that we probably don't want/need anyway.

My in-laws are a bit more difficult.  THey don't like not having SOMETHING to give on Christmas.  I keep saying that I'd rather they spend the money on DS or just save it for when DD is born, but nobody listens to me.  

If I HAD to get a gift, I'd like gift cards (Kohls, iTunes, and to restaurants that DH and I enjoy.)   

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagebrianabrad:
    I want some china keeper/storage bags. We received some wonderful china for our wedding but don't have room/want for a formal china cabinet but I'd like to have the china out and more useable since right now its still boxed up and taking up room in the top of baby girls closet. So this gift is kind of two fold for me . . it helps get stuff out of babies closet and makes the china more useable/storeable in our kitchen.

You just reminded me how much I've been wanting these! Thanks!
  • Pedicure gift certificates, the Starbucks single maker(vermiso) sp?, and I told DH a nice bottle of champagne!!! Lol!!!
  • imageamcourt09:
    imageNana_Osaki06:

An unoccupied uterus?

No.... um.

HAHA!!! 

Absolutely!

Also, some moola so I can go spoil myself with some new clothes. I'm starved for real fashion. Maternity jeans=abomination from hell. 

• You guys are good....I literally have only been able to come up with diapers, haha
    imageimage BabyFetus Ticker Our Pregnancy Journey! -- http://when2bcomeone.blogspot.com/
  • I'm usually the hardest person to shop for during the holidays. If I see something I want throughout the year I usually buy it. This year I told my family I would like gift cards from my favorite clothing stores. Once I lose the pregnancy weight I would like to treat myself to a new wardrobe.
  • What about gift cards for post baby clothes, or new makeup, hair salon, spray tan/ tanning salon, etc. I know after I had my first child I was all about getting back to the point where I felt good about myself. I like to decorate my house, so I always ask for new decor.,  Rug for my living room, things like that. 
    I ended up being a December 2012 mama. I was due jan. 17th but she decided she wanted to be here to welcome in the new year, lol Big brother loves her. He pointed at her and said that my sissy. River Grantly Mason 12/20/2010 Zoey Lea Mason 12/29/2012
  • A new camera with better video options than my current one.  Nothing fancy, just for the 100+ pictures I'll take everyday. 

Gift cards to get my nails or hair done.  I figure if I'm past due I'll have a nice pedicure to try to "jump start" and if not I'll have a reason to take a shower and get out of the house. 

Satin Hands by Mary Kay (love these products!!).

Stud earrings.  I have a lot of hoops and dangles that LO would grab.

Gift cards for clothing stores.  I've promised myself not to stress out about getting back into my pre-pregnancy clothes right away.  I'll need to buy a few (or possibly several) outfits for after LO gets here.

Then every year I always get a box of Girl Scout Samoas from my mom (who knows that I eat all mine within a month of delivery-no matter how many).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • I haven't been asked as of yet, but there are several things that I've pinned and favorited on Etsy that I would love as Christmas gifts. My siblings and I do a gift exchange every year, so I'll probably just direct them to that.

My mom was talking about getting an ipad for FI and I, but I told her that we'd much rather have money toward things that we need for the house. (We are moving Nov. 28th) Though I'm sure FI wants to kick me in the face for saying that. 

• I want a professional cleaner to come in right before baby gets here.  That would be so great....

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• Mainly gift cards so I can buy some clothes this spring (Jcrew, Gap, or Anthropologie).

Scuba hoodie or other jacket from Lululemon

Gold disc w/ DS#2's initial on it to add to my necklace (I currently wear one with DS#1's initial).

I also welcome nail polish, and Bobbi Brown makeup!

Wow, I sound selfish! (I could make this list even longer but I won't! haha)

• imageMleasnider:
    What about gift cards for post baby clothes, or new makeup, hair salon, spray tan/ tanning salon, etc. I know after I had my first child I was all about getting back to the point where I felt good about myself. I like to decorate my house, so I always ask for new decor.,  Rug for my living room, things like that. 

Good idea! 

• Things to motivate me to get back in shape post-baby: yoga mat and new running shoes or a day lift ticket to a local mountain.

Also asked for slippers and a massage gift certificate. 

m/c 12/20/09 @ 5 1/2 weeks ~ CP 1/25/09 @ 4 weeks ~ missed m/c 4/6/10 (stopped growing @ 6 weeks, stayed with me until 10) ~Foster parent to B, 9/10-1/12~ Proud Mother of Gage Stephen, born 12/26/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I always ask for gift cards. I know it's so lame, but I seriously LOVE to shop and do not have $$ in the budget for clothes/shoes for me.  Gift cards really come in handy for after the baby comes. W/ DD, I didn't fit into ANY of my pre-pregnancy stuff and was sick of maternity clothes. A few new pieces kinda boosted my self-esteem!

I would also like a sewing machine, a pedicure (it's been 2 yrs...ugh), and a smart phone data plan (haha, yeah right).  :-P 

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?...But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:26-27&33-34
  • I would be doomed to get ill-fitting clothes, too. So, I have pro-actively asked DH and family for:

gift certificate to a maid service

a new kitchen knife

a jewelry cleaner for my w ring

and before we found out about a little cholesterol problem of my H's, I HAD wanted a deep-fryer. ;-p

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We like joint gifts, so we're getting ourselves a Bose iPod sound system, hopefully the one that's Bluetooth compatible. 

• I've asked for iTunes and Amazon giftcards (for movies and books to watch/read while breastfeeding) and a temporary housecleaner to come in every week or every other week for a couple of months after the baby is born.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have not so delicately hinted (read: shown on the net) to my Hubs that I would like a sapphire channel ring to go with my wedding band and engagement ring.  I know it sounds like a big present perhaps, but he just bought a $3000+ mountain bike this summer, so I think it is time a little of our cash goes my way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"