April 2013 Moms

Another website update - Registry Information

We're getting to that point (and I've already seen a bunch of posts about it) where registries are getting put together.

I think it would be nice to have a list of registry do's and don'ts, recommendations, which registries have the best perks, and all that jazz. Anything you'd like to add will be put on the list!

Thanks!

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

Re: Another website update - Registry Information

• Do: Register for the big stuff (baby furniture, glider/recliner, stroller, video monitor) if you want it because even if you don't get it at a shower, you'll get a discount on it if it isn't purchased off your registry. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Dont forget about Baby Depot (Burlington Coat Factory)as a place to register. I've registered at Target & Babies R Us and I don't think I'm actually going to keep my Babies R Us registry. It's too overpriced (at BRU) and I actually care about that kind of stuff when people are spending their money on my gifts. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • As a first time mom I love this idea!!!

• Just registered at Buy Buy Baby.  

Perks:

-They give 15% off any remaining items after your shower

- able to use any of their coupons & Bed Bath Beyond (same company) the few companies that the 20% off coupons don't work for, the completion coupon still does they told us

- price match any competitor, and take competitor coupons 

- provide "personal shopping" by appointment if you'd like to have an employee walk around any department with you to help answer questions

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagetmrchi:

Just registered at Buy Buy Baby.  

Perks:

-They give 15% off any remaining items after your shower

- able to use any of their coupons & Bed Bath Beyond (same company) the few companies that the 20% off coupons don't work for, the completion coupon still does they told us

- price match any competitor, and take competitor coupons 

- provide "personal shopping" by appointment if you'd like to have an employee walk around any department with you to help answer questions

Wow this sounds awesome! I was thinking of going with BRU but with the 15% off, price match, and personal shopper, sounds awesome! 

• imageAmyLKorbal:
    I know that at Babies R Us if you take your registry to the store after you're shower, they'll give you 10 off everything you didn't get as long as it's on the registry.

Except for all their exceptions which include...all diapers and wipes, all toys, many specific brands like Britax, Maxi Cosi, Peg Perego, Phil and Teds, Baby Jogger, all breast pumps, and tons of other things.

When I had DD, I took the completion coupon in and of the 15 items left on my registry, not one qualified for the discount. Mother freaking BRU.

• They does have the no exclusion completion coupon which is %15 and does not exclude those things anymore. I can't remember what the trade off is.

Full disclosure, I'm a regisgry consultant with BRU. But I am also a first time mom.  

Anniversary Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image
  • not certain about Buy Buy Baby but Bed bath& beyond will also accept expired coupons, since they are the same company BBB might as well. might be something to check into if you have one near you. I dont have one close so no point in me regestering Sad
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"