April 2012 Moms
Options

Almost 8 months and still not rolling....

Evie will be 8 months on the 22nd, and she will not roll from her back to her belly.  The only time she will roll is if I put her on her belly, then she will roll to her back.  She sits unassisted, and if she's on her belly she will scoot in a circle.  I know this has been a concern with a few on the board, I have talked to the pedi, but because she is right on track with everything else he is not concerned.   She babbles a lot, makes eye contact, laughs, uses fine motor skills by pinching things like Puffs and puts them in her mouth.  I just don't know why she is not rolling!  I try often to get her to do it, but it ends with her getting upset.

Oh yeah.........we are still not STTN either!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Almost 8 months and still not rolling....

• Options
    I am right there with you...except he does not roll any way!!  :) 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I guess we all have things we are concerned about... J is rolling and sitting, but her babbling is what I worry about - mostly she talks and squeals on vowels and hardly ever does any consonants... haven't talked to the pediatrician yet but I feel like she should be doing more...!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    eh, I wouldn't worry about it ... as long as she's on track with everything else I think she's ok.  And K still isn't sttn yet either. 
    image""> Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I agree....she's doing everything else so I wouldn't be too concerned.  Easier said than done, I know.

BTW, how's work?  Smile  Are you liking being back?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageMrsA71208:

I agree....she's doing everything else so I wouldn't be too concerned.  Easier said than done, I know.

BTW, how's work?  Smile  Are you liking being back?

Work is good.  There might be an opportunity to stay full-time, the assistant I'm replacing is giving coming back a second thought.  I know the income is great and gives us stability, but I'm feeling a bit mixed over the thought.  Part-time is really what I want.  I guess we will see!  Thanks for asking!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    thank you thank you thank you so much for posting this!! i totally could have written this as this is a concern of mine for my dd too. i'm glad that i'm not the only one!
  • Options
    Same boat here! He is an awesome sitter though! :
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    hiya gekeler!! My boys can both roll and crawl and babble but can't sit unassisted nor have the pincher thing. It seems like every baby just does things at their own pace
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Both my niece and nephew rolled exactly once in their infant lives and they are both perfectly healthy toddlers now.  My sister's pedi suggested that they may have been too big to roll.  They were both big babies and would have needed a lot of oomph to get themselves over!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"