November 2012 Moms

Am I the only one?

Is it just me, or does it seem like 70% of the birth stories posted are induced?  I feel like I'm in the minority here, I hit 39 tomorrow and my obgyn says he doesn't induce unless it is medically necessary for baby or mother.  I feel like so many women are getting them as soon as they turn 39, and I'm starting to feel like I'm missing out.  Anyone else waiting for labor to start naturally, or is my obgyn and I just really 'old school'?
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Am I the only one?

• I wanted to start labor naturally, but am being induced tomorrow at 39w5d due to bloodwork issues that could pose a problem after my due date. My compromise with my OB is that we do a slow induction so we have a lesser chance for a csection.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #1 since 3/11

BFP #1 5/4/11 EDD 1/12/12 natural m/c 5/17/11

BFP #2 8/9/11 EDD 4/18/12 ectopic pregnancy (methotrexate) 8/24/11 ruptured tube and removal 8/29/11

BFP #3 3/9/12 EDD 11/19/12 Logan born 11/18/12

BFP #4 10/21/14 EDD 6/30/15

~*~*Everyone Welcome*~*~
  • imageangielayne926:
    I wanted to start labor naturally, but am being induced tomorrow at 39w5d due to bloodwork issues that could pose a problem after my due date. My compromise with my OB is that we do a slow induction so we have a lesser chance for a csection.

That's wonderful, you must be so excited!  Best of luck tomorrow, hope everything goes smoothly and you get to meet your LO soon 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • my doctor only scheduled me for an induction at 41 weeks because LO was getting so big, but i had her 4 days before my EDD so there was no need (:
    Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I wanted to not be induced but was due to medical reasons. I think most inductions are due to medical reasons but not everyone is saying that.
  • My Dr. won't even discuss induction until 2 weeks past EDD or if there's a medical need. I went into labor spontaneously with both of my girls. My DD#1 was born on her due date and #2 was born 4 days late.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I wouldn't have been induced until 41 weeks if I hadn't went on my own.
  • I am being induced because of gestational diabetes. If I had no issues, I'm sure my doctor wouldn't induce me at 39 weeks...
  • I have an induction scheduled for 41 weeks if I don't have him by then. Had my 40 week appointment today and I'm only 1 cm sooo...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I was sort of induced. My water broke and labor wasn't starting so I was put on pitocin. But before that (I was 39 1/2 weeks) induction wasn't even discussed. They said if I went to 41 weeks they would start more tests. I didn't ask so I don't know if they would have induced if I asked.
  • With DD I was induced at 41 weeks as he didn't find it safe for either her or I to go any longer.....since I ended in c section I have to have one this go around as well......VBAC wasn't an option at my hospital
  • I would have loved to avoid having an induction.  I was induced, at 40 weeks, due to having low amniotic fluid.
  • We were going to talk induction at my 41w appt.

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I feel like a lot of the induced births were also due to health issues, but i could be wrong. With dd my water broke but i wasnt having contractions so i had to be induced. Im hoping to start labor on my own. But tbh if offered, i wont turn down induction!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers       AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Mine was due to blood pressure that still hadn't come down as of Monday, sigh, checking again this coming Monday.
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married: 05/31/2008
    DS: 11/06/2012 at 38w 1d
    M/C: 06/11/2015
    DD: 06/14/2016 at 37w 3d
  • imageberbur:
    I am being induced because of gestational diabetes. If I had no issues, I'm sure my doctor wouldn't induce me at 39 weeks...

^^^ This is me. My doc is worried that if we wait til due date or later, he will be too big and we will end up with a csection, so inducing at this point is a better option.

Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary
    Visit The Nest!
  • I'm still here. Past my due date and holding off on being induced! I figured I waited 40 weeks another 1 or 2 weeks is nothing....stay strong you'll be there soon enough

1st BFP 10/11/11. MMC 9wks 3days.Measuring 6wks 1day D&C 11/15/11 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers "http://lilypie.com/">Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I posted a CP becasue I thought the same thing.. I WAS induced for medical reasons at 38 weeks... and ended up a c section when labor indicated my liver(?) was not responding well to labor... but i felt like many of the Nov B sories were inductions.....we should do  another clicky poll???

• My doctor won't talk induction yet. She says "we will take it one week at a time". I see her again next Friday and if I'm dilated, she said she would strip my membrane. So you aren't the only one not being induced as of yet!
    TTC #1 BFP 6/1/2011 blighted ovum d&c 7/15/11
    TTC #2 BFP 12/6/11 chemical pregnancy natural mc 12/18/11
    TTC #3 BFP 3/19/12. 4/9: HR of 134! **Bake Turkey, Bake!**
    **All ALs Welcome**
  • LOVE your ticker pic!

• My doctor's office will let me go to 42 weeks at the absolute latest if everything continues to be fine and there are no health concerns for either myself or for my son. They have been monitoring me for pre-eclampsia due to excessive swelling in my feet and ankles, so if there are signs of that they will likely induce me. Right now I am 38 weeks & 3 days, and was dilated 2-3 cms at my 38 week appointment, so if I make it to my 39 week appointment without going into labor they are most likely going to strip my membranes to try to encourage things to move along a little faster. I have been begging my little one to hurry things up, so fingers crossed! I would love to have him and be home from the hospital by Thanksgiving!
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I was induced due to polyhydramnios and the major risk of cord prolapse had my water broke when I wasn't in the hospital.  My midwife wouldn't even consider inducing with my first until after 40 weeks, and that was only a consideration because DH was deployed and would only be home for 2 weeks (39-41 weeks of gestation).  
    I: November 2011 
    M: November 2012
  • 40 weeks + 3 days and waiting. want to do it without induction but my doctor doesn't want to wait much past 41 weeks before we talk induction:(
  • I am 40 weeks, 4 days and have no health issues so going naturally. I have had cramping the past two nights - I hope I'm getting close.

As long as I stay healthy and there is plenty of amniotic fluid, my MW is fine with waiting. We have a U/S scheduled for 41 weeks, 2 days (if he hasn't arrived) just to check it all out.

Hang in there!

• I was planning on being induced since babies tend to come two weeks late in my family...I waited and went into labor on my own at 40 weeks and one day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My induction is scheduled for my due date but also for medical reasons. I am 41 and the rate of stillbirth goes up after 40w. With my first, I went to 42w and with my second, we hadn't even discussed induction and he was born at 40+1. I really hope I go into labor on my own but I had my first internal today and had no progress. :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm waiting. 

Today The OB said that since I have no problems, my weight is fine, my BP is perfect and baby is good there's no reason to induce. Although I'm scheduled for a NST next week if he hasnt made his appearance yet!

oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • The Dr's at my practice won't induce until you are 10 days over your EDD unless medically required. Inductions have a higher rate of requiring a section so they feel its best to wait. I am glad its their policy here, but I'm with you.... I want this waiting game to be over so we can meet our little one!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My doctor said at my 41 week appt we'll talk about induction, that is this coming week.  I'm hopeful every day that the pains I'm feeling are labor but so far it never progresses :(
    dancing animated GIF
    N14 November Siggy Challenge - Celebration
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerimageBabyFruit Ticker

• Being induced Tuesday if LO isn't here by then. It's at 39 weeks, but doc is worried that baby will be too big and the sooner we're able to get him out, the less risk of having a c-section due to the baby being too big. However, unless he's just super stubborn, I have a feeling he might come before then because I am in a crap load of pain. I know that doesn't necessarily signify labor.... but here's hoping :-P
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm waiting.  I will be induced at 40wks 6days unless LO comes on his own before.  I was induced with DS2 at 40wks 1day and I felt like I cheated...  It made me sad that I didn't go into labor on my own.  I didn't have the "This is it!" moment.  If my induction date comes closer, I can easily see myself putting it off (despite my OB) just in hopes of waiting for him to come on his own.  But this is my last baby.  When I was a FTM, I was scheduled to be induced at 38wks 3days (DS1 came 38wks 0days).  I wanted him OUT.  This time, I want to appreciate the experience instead of just getting it over with.  (I am not a happy pregnant person, I feel this should be stated.  I just want it all to happen on it's own because I'm not getting another shot to do it differently).
  • I'm waiting for labor to start naturally, but as of my last appt. I wasn't even 1 cm dialated yet. I haven't had any contractions since my last appt. either and I'm now 39 weeks.

If I go again this week and there's still no change, my doctor will schedule an induction at the 41 week mark, as long as I don't have LO before then.

I know my MIL went 3 weeks past her due date with my SIL (her first) and she ended up having to have an emergency c-section; and that was 30 years ago.
    Yes, our bodies were designed to give birth, but every pregnancy and body is different. As long as you and your doctor are on the same page with your birth plan and doing what's right for you and baby, I wouldn't worry about other's inductions.

"Where you invest your love, you invest your life." Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Home D
  • I don't plan on being induced.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"