2nd Trimester

RANT - people commenting on how "big" I am!

I'm only 5'1", so this baby has no where to go but out. But geez I am sick of all the comments!!

The worst is when someone asks when I'm due and I say "March 3rd" and they act all shocked! Like "Oh you've got a ways to go!" Did you think I was going to say tomorrow? I'm 6 months pregnant, what do you expect me to look like?!?!

I'm tempted to start telling people my due date is February 3rd just so they lay off me. At this point, if someone asks me if I'm having twins, I may be tempted to punch them!

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: RANT - people commenting on how "big" I am!

• learn to pick your battles. is this worth being upset about?
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • I had this problem with my last baby and, yes, it is very frustrating. I considered lying, too.
  • Loading the player...
  • The picture below was me at 12 weeks, I now look like I'm due in a month. (I'm slightly smaller than my sister in law who is over due 5 days) In the beginning I thought about saying I was more like 5 months along but I have gotten to what whatever point, I don't care anymore.. I know I'm huge!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • It is really annoying. When they do comment on your belly, why don't you just say what you posted- "I'm 6 months pregnant, what do you expect me to look like??" LOL 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I know I try not to be upset, but you know, with pregnancy you don't always get a choice on what upsets you :)

It's especially hard with co-workers, they aren't strangers so I can't be rude, but I'm like "ok, I get it, I'm big."

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Awww... (((hugs))) This is why you asked if I am showing. Wink

Just today the checker at my local grocery store noticed I was pregnant. But really she overheard my conversation. When she looked at my belly she asked me how far I was. Then I got the standard, "Wow! You're big! You having twins?"

While I welcome a double blessing, as of right now the US only shows 1. So I just say, "Yeah, I am." And smile. 

Just take it in stride. Smile. Keep moving. 

Miracles & Blessings, Just Me... www.simplycomplicatedthatsjustme.blogspot.com BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have been having the same problem but it has only been with co-workers who happen to be friends! It drives me nuts and I know it is usually in a joking manner but it doesn't feel good to be called huge.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have been having the same issue, I'm 5 ft and was only 103 lbs per pregnancy. I had a very athletic build, so my coworkers can't get over the huge difference. Is extremely annoying. I just try to nod and smile. Even if. Got a little sarcastic or snarky they probably wouldn't get it, and I would come out being the bad guy. 

• no one has said this to me, but my mom said someone at her church asked her if I was having twins when she showed them the picture. I mean I feel like I popped a lot earlier than I expected to, but maybe it's because I started out overweight and you can still see that in my arms and legs, so maybe people are more afraid to tell me I look big, lol....
  • Oh i feel your pain, im only in my 16 week, but i have already been told the exact same things, are you having twins? and then followed by when are you due? and when i tell them April she said oh you have a ways to go still! So rude, i wrote a post about this in my birth month group, and one lady said it perfect, it is a passive aggressive way of them telling you, that you look to big for how far along you are... Next time someone asks me im going to reply, what do you mean?
  • Try to let it go. I know it's easier said than done. I've experienced the same thing. I was in the grocery store and two tweens called me fat. I'm obviously pregnant. It pissed me off, but I kept my mouth shut. 

If anything just tell them what you wrote, "i'm six months, what do you expect?"  

BabyFetus Ticker image Anniversary FuzziBunz at Nurtured Family
  • My guys family does this to me. I'm now at a point where my response is, "I'm due this winter." which is NOT a lie. I'm due the very last day of winter, march 18. :)
  • I've been getting the complete opposite and  it irritates me. When people see my tummy they first, reach for it, give it a rub say it's so cute and tiny, ask when I'm due and when I say February they look again get this strange look on their face and say wow your small. It's happened so many times and it annoys the crap out of me! 
  • imageRussianMommy:
    learn to pick your battles. is this worth being upset about?

I dunno what about if she told you her childs age in months? Pot. Meet Kettle.

photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Double post, sorry.
  • imageRussianMommy:

Personally, for me, I think it is normal to be upset over this. It also depends on how often it is happening. I was upset about this yesterday when I had two colleagues point out how big I am, and then another colleague ask about twins.
  • People can be so obnoxious. I really don't think that most people realize how RUDE it is to comment to a pregnant woman on how big they are! I mean, as if I wasn't already self-conscious enough about gaining baby weight, thanks for pointing out how much I've gained... Jerk.

I worked at a huge hotel when I was pg with my first daughter and I must have gotten those comments a dozen times a day.  I was already having a terrible night one day and when this really well-meaning guy commented on my size again, I burst into tears. I have never seen anyone more embarrassed or flustered before or since! lol

We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• imageLadyDelilah:

imageRussianMommy:

We all have our moments of maybe we should let it go but MAN does it bother us. Love the call out.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I get the same thing, I completely understand the annoyance.

I know that people don't intend to be rude, so I am polite about it, but inside, after hearing it 4 or 5 times in a day, it is really irritating. 

BFP 12/19/08- DS born 8/25/09 9lbs2oz via Zavanelli Maneuver
    BFP 8/26/11- Missed miscarriage discovered 10/19/11 at 11w2d, measured at 9 weeks gestation w/ no HB. D&C 10/21/11
    BFP 3/17/12 at 12dpo CP 3/21/12
    BFP 4/23/12 at 10dpo Stick my little one! Beta #1: 83.3 @ 13dpo Beta #2: 197.7 @ 15dpo
    Our little man is getting bigger every day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelittlelyralover:

I know I try not to be upset, but you know, with pregnancy you don't always get a choice on what upsets you :)

It's especially hard with co-workers, they aren't strangers so I can't be rude, but I'm like "ok, I get it, I'm big."

This happens to me all the time, especially at work. I try not to get too upset about it but mostly it's just more annoying than anything else. 

Married to SAJ since 8/6/11
    BFP #1: 1/23/12 mc: 2/19/12
    BFP #2: 6/20/12 
    Oliver Stephen born 3/7/13 :)
    BFP #3: 10/22/13

• imageLadyDelilah:

imageRussianMommy:

YesYesYes 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

• I've gotten the same comments for all three pregnancies. I'm short too, so my belly just goes out...fast!

It really bothered me the first time around and hurt my feelings, like people were calling me fat. The second time around I started to realize that people are always surprised by pregnant bellies and I think they're always bigger than they think they should be. (Noticed this with my SIL's bump too.)

This time, I just really don't care. This is the way my body grows and carries a baby. When people make dumb/offensive comments, I just smile and say "thanks" sweetly and know how sarcastic I'm being in my own head.

Try to remember what an amazing thing your body is doing and yes...our bellies are going to get big, embrace it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagelittlelyralover:

I'm only 5'1", so this baby has no where to go but out. But geez I am sick of all the comments!!

The worst is when someone asks when I'm due and I say "March 3rd" and they act all shocked! Like "Oh you've got a ways to go!" Did you think I was going to say tomorrow? I'm 6 months pregnant, what do you expect me to look like?!?!

I'm tempted to start telling people my due date is February 3rd just so they lay off me. At this point, if someone asks me if I'm having twins, I may be tempted to punch them!

If anyone insinuates you are "big" when asking your EDD, I vote you tell them you were due two months ago. That'll shut 'em up. Heh.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMarch2013FTM:
    My guys family does this to me. I'm now at a point where my response is, "I'm due this winter." which is NOT a lie. I'm due the very last day of winter, march 18. :

Lol this is brilliant!
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"