TTC after 35

OB appt

Hi ladies, I just wanted to again say thank you to all of you who read my questions or vents and provide answers, advice and support.  I just value it so much as I really don't have friends in my life who are in the same boat as me, so this really is my lifeline.

That being said, I saw my OB today.  I just LOVE her.  I'm so thankful I got referred to her.  She took one look at my chart and said "this looks great!  You are DEFINITELY ovulating".  Last cycle's chart was pretty textbook, ovulated on day 15 or 16 and have a 13-14 Luteal phase.  This cycle was a little wonky, I think I had posted a couple of weeks ago that FF had pinpointed my ovulation day as CD18, however, I had mentioned that I had no symptoms and thought I have actually O'd on Day 22.  She took one look at this cycle's chart and told me she thought I O'd on CD22.  So I felt good about that, it means I'm in tune with what my body is doing and I know when I'm ovulating.  She said it was "weird" that I got a +OPK on CD17 and didn't O until CD22.  So I guess that means I'm not out of it yet, no AF and I'm really only 10 DPO as of today.  We last had sex on CD18, so I'm thinking it's fairly unlikely that I'm pregnant, but we'll see what my temps continue to do and if AF rears her ugly head.  She thinks that the infection and cold I had probably delayed my ovulation this month.  She also told me to not stress about the OPK, she said just do one test per day in the morning and if I don't get a + to not stress about it.  She wants me to continue to temp and come back in 2 months.  She said that she doesn't want to do any other interventions at this time and no medication because she thinks it will happen naturally.  My husband is scheduling an SA to rule out any issues with him.

SO!  I'm learning a lot and I'm feeling a little more hopeful.  Thanks for reading my long post.  :-) 

Re: OB appt

• That all sounds pretty positive!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's great to have a doc you like.  Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • More power to you. Sounds like your doc is on the ball. Good luck, and let us know how it goes.
  • I am glad you feel comfortable with her! Good luck to you :)

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• sounds like a very postive experience! We like + around here :)

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• I'm so glad that you had a good experience and cheers for ovulating!  You have to cling to the positives when you get them.
    Me 39 & suspected PCOS, DH 42. Went off BCP when we got married in 11/11, seriously TTC since 3/12.  Six cycles of clomid = BFNs.  Suspected endometriosis & HSG showed both tubes blocked.  Sept 2013 IVF 5D transfer of two perfect embryos = BFN.  Started acupuncture and taking time off to drop some pounds & get healthier before FET in April 2014.
  • That is so great!  Glad you feel better about things. 

Good start with the DH getting an SA... it is fairly easy to get done and can help set your mind at ease and if you do need further testing you will have already completed that step! 

OPK's are great, but yes you don't need to stress about it... as you are temping you will notice more of a pattern and really don't need the OPKs... I still do them because I bought in bulk ;)

***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Thanks, everyone! I feel more at ease now, but still anxious. I still haven't gotten my period but I know that's because I ovulated late. We last had sex CD 18 and I ovulated on CD 22. I know it would be a miracle if I got pregnant this month, but I believe in miracles. :-) Just not getting my hopes up. My husband said to me today: "Maybe my boys stuck around for 4 days". He's so cute.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"