TTC after 35

Gyneco says OK to have baby

Exciting news!

Despite being almost 45, the gynecologist told us today that my body is well enough to have a baby. So we're getting busy.

I am also an international bumpie. I live in France. I married a Frenchman and have been living here for almost two years.

Any other bumpies in France, or in another country in Europe?

I am originally from the state of Hawaii.

I did a study abroad my Junior Year in College and fell in love with the country. Many years later, I met and fell in love with a Frenchman to whom I am happily married.

Aloha and merci,

hulagirl 

Re: Gyneco says OK to have baby

• Welcome, and good luck. What kind of testing did your gyno do? You might want to request FSH and AMH tests at a minimum just to rule out certain common age related issues early. A fair number of us here have found out the hard way that even if our bodies are quite healthy our eggs can be crap, unfortunately.

ETA: apologies in advance if your siggy contains testing info; I'm posting from an iPhone and can't see siggies.
  • Welcome and best of luck!  How cool to be living in France, I've never been but my daughter went there with her school last year as part of a Europe trip (England, France, and Italy) and enjoyed it a lot.  Paris not so much, the Eiffel Tower was neat but she found the city itself to not feel so safe to her.  But she loved Nice/south of France, would definitely go back if she could.

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Loading the player...
  • Merci and Thank You. I don't know the French technical terms but he examined "down there" and said we can go ahead and TTC naturally.

He thought at first it would be difficult TTC at my age, but after examining me he was surprised and positive my 'ole body was OK to have a baby.

What is FSH and AMH? I tried looking it up but couldn't find the definitions.

How does one get their siggy up on the post? Sorry about all these questions. I am a newbie.

• imagegscoville:
    Welcome and best of luck!  How cool to be living in France, I've never been but my daughter went there with her school last year as part of a Europe trip (England, France, and Italy) and enjoyed it a lot.  Paris not so much, the Eiffel Tower was neat but she found the city itself to not feel so safe to her.  But she loved Nice/south of France, would definitely go back if she could.

Thank You!

I live in a small town outside of Paris and was holding on to my purse in the metro the last time I visited so I know how your daughter felt. Yes, Paris is a very pretty and charming city but I feel safe only in the "good neighborhoods." It has changed so much in that sense since I was a student twenty something years ago.

The town I live in is in the region of Brittany, off the Atlantic Coast. It is quaint and the people are really nice. Easy to make friends. Like this forum.

Talk to you later.

hulagirl 

• imagejrtmom:
    Welcome!  What part of France are you in?  I live in the US but spent a large portion of my younger years in the UK and Spain, with frequent trips to France.  One of my best friends is from France.  I often joke about running away to live with him.  :)

Thank you. I live in the region of Brittany, in a small town about four hours outside of Paris.  

• Welcome!  The test they are talking about it so see the quality of your eggs.  It is most often done on days 3-5 of your cycle.  You can be physically very healthy but your eggs not so much.  If you don't conceive in 3 months I would reccomend getting the test!

Good luck and welcome!

***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• imagemoonyunchoi:

I live in a small town outside of Paris and was holding on to my purse in the metro the last time I visited so I know how your daughter felt. Yes, Paris is a very pretty and charming city but I feel safe only in the "good neighborhoods." It has changed so much in that sense since I was a student twenty something years ago.

Ah yes, that's exactly what my daughter reported.  And it didn't help that she had a very intimidating run in with an extremely aggressive statue vendor at the Eiffel Tower, got her separated from her group and then basically wouldn't let her go until she bought a $20 Euro gaudy tower replica.  But then she's grown up in a small town and doesn't have any experience dealing with pushy vendors and just didn't feel comfortable getting aggressive herself and saying 'NO!' and moving on.  Good life lesson for her though! :)

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Welcome and congrats!  I don't know all the acronyms either, I'm slowly learning.  Best of luck to you as you TTC!  You'll have to bring a little culture to the forum!  I've never been to Europe, it all sounds so romantic :)
  • imageksgsmu:

Welcome!  The test they are talking about it so see the quality of your eggs.  It is most often done on days 3-5 of your cycle.  You can be physically very healthy but your eggs not so much.  If you don't conceive in 3 months I would reccomend getting the test!

Good luck and welcome!

Thank you. Will do! How are you doing? 

• imagekjmitlyng:
    Welcome and congrats!  I don't know all the acronyms either, I'm slowly learning.  Best of luck to you as you TTC!  You'll have to bring a little culture to the forum!  I've never been to Europe, it all sounds so romantic :)

Thank you. Yes, it is quite a change living in the French countryside as opposed to the big city in Paris. Love both. DH and I got to visit the ch?teau along the Loire Valley, which was very nice. That is where they have the huge and famous ch?teaus (castles) and we visited five of them. Also, we got to stay at a Renaissance castle a few months ago. It is owned by a friend of a friend. So we got the VIP treatment. Each day, I discover something new and the people in general are really nice. Hope you get to visit. 

• Anti-Mullerian Hormone (AMH) and Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH)

and here is a link to most terms used on the forum, it can be found in the list on the left towards the bottom.

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• Oh and welcome good luck hope your stay is short!

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• imagekjmitlyng:
    Welcome and congrats!  I don't know all the acronyms either, I'm slowly learning.  Best of luck to you as you TTC!  You'll have to bring a little culture to the forum!  I've never been to Europe, it all sounds so romantic :)

Thank you. Will do. Yes, DH makes Europe especially more romantic. 

• imageksgsmu:

Welcome!  The test they are talking about it so see the quality of your eggs.  It is most often done on days 3-5 of your cycle.  You can be physically very healthy but your eggs not so much.  If you don't conceive in 3 months I would reccomend getting the test!

Good luck and welcome!

That is a good idea. I will take your suggestion. 

• imageHeathernSteven:

Anti-Mullerian Hormone (AMH) and Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH)

and here is a link to most terms used on the forum, it can be found in the list on the left towards the bottom.

Thank you. I will present it to the gyneco. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"