September 2012 Moms

How big is your 2-month-old LO?

We had DS #2's 2-month appointment on Friday, and he's 11 pounds even and in the 17th percentile for weight.  I can't remember his exact inches (I think 21.5, but I could be wrong) but I know he's in the 5th percentile for height.  I don't think he looks that small, so I'm curious - how big is your LO?  
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How big is your 2-month-old LO?

• DS is 2 months and one week old, and goes for his 2month appointment next week.

Unofficially though (aka I stepped on the scale with him and then weighed myself), he weighs 15 lbs and is about 24 inches long. He looks ridiculously big to me, lol.

• 12# 1oz, 22.75 inches..i dont know the %'s
  • Loading the player...
  • At 6 weeks 6 days
    He was 12lb 12oz and 23 inches!
    90 for weight and 73 height

Was 9lb and 20.5 in at birth

Carter Douglas 09.25.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Are you sure that's not 70th percentile/50th percentile? 

DD was 10 lbs 5oz and we were told she was in the 50th percentile for weight and she was 22.5 in long, which was 50-75th percentile for height.  I know the charts are different for boys vs girls, but 17th percentile seems way too small for an 11 lbs baby...

• that's weird cause my girl was not quiet 10 lbs at her 2 month appointment (was a week shy of 2 months then) and they said she was about 30th %ile. her height was about the same as yours and they also said that was about the same %ile (though they suck balls at measuring her height... i think it took her a month to actually hit the height they recorded for her at the hospital)
  • Our boy is a little monster.

At 2 months 3 days he was 14lb 1oz and 24"

8lb 9oz and 21" at birth

image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm not sure exactly, we go on Monday to the pedi. At 6 weeks, DS was 13 lbs, 11 oz and 23.5 inches. He was bigger at birth though, 9lbs and 21.5 inches. I'm excited to see next week, he eats all the time!

Try not to worry about percentages, all babies grow at different rates! My friends baby was the same weight and length as yours at his two month appointment.
  • imageelizabethwig:
    that's weird cause my girl was not quiet 10 lbs at her 2 month appointment (was a week shy of 2 months then) and they said she was about 30th %ile. her height was about the same as yours and they also said that was about the same %ile (though they suck balls at measuring her height... i think it took her a month to actually hit the height they recorded for her at the hospital)
    a diff chart for boys and girls
    Need a good read? There's a new blogger in town... www.thepinningmama.com Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My lo weighed 10lb 12oz at her two month I think she is 23 in long, but cant remember that for sure.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageLilLee11:
    imageelizabethwig:
    that's weird cause my girl was not quiet 10 lbs at her 2 month appointment (was a week shy of 2 months then) and they said she was about 30th %ile. her height was about the same as yours and they also said that was about the same %ile (though they suck balls at measuring her height... i think it took her a month to actually hit the height they recorded for her at the hospital)
    a diff chart for boys and girls

fair enough, but i'm surprised the difference would be so big, especially for height. but maybe my doc is lax about %iles. she quickly estimated based on a little chart that popped up on her screen and then moved on.

• At 2 mo appt:
    23.25" 95ile
    11lbs 14oz 75ile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Natural miscarriage @ 5w2d 5/25/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD measured 9 lbs 11 ozs and 21.5 ins at her 2 week check up. 10th to 25th percentile in both categories.
  • His 2 month appointment is tomorrow (I'm nervous!) but I weighed him at a breastfeeding support group thing on Monday and he was 10 lbs 15 ounces. I'm estimating him at 11 lbs 2 oz tomorrow because recently he has been gaining an ounce a day. 

• We had her 2 month appt today. She's actually a little over 2 months. She weighs 10 lbs 4 oz and is 23 inches long.

Elizabeth Grace 11.20.05 Nora June 7.15.08 Beatrix Catherine 9.4.12
  • You can download cdc growth charts here.

• At her 2 month appointment last week she was: weight- 13.5 lbs -87%   height- 24in- 97%

She's a big girl. DH says she's a cannon ball since she came out 9.10lbs and almost 21 inches at 39 weeks.

• OP- looking at the cdc growth chart, he would be just under the 50th percentile for weight and around the 10th percentile for length.

• I have a little guy, he was 9lbs 6 oz & 23.5 inches. Pedi said to give a bottle after each feeding, but the LC said his weight gain was ok for bf baby but we still found some ways to help with my supply and his transfer of the milk.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • As of last Friday we were at 11 lbs 6 ozs 43rd percentile I believe and 22inches long 21st percentile I believe.  With a 15.5 inch head. 79th percentile. That one I remember! 

• We went today for his 2mo appt. he weighed 13lbs 6oz and was in the 93 percentile. He is 24.25inches and was off the chart for his height and head circumference. The dr said it was ok cuz he's growing all at the same rate and is proportionate. Big boy tho!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DD was 10lb 3oz at her 2 month check up.  Way smaller than my other two were at that age, but still in the realm of normal (obviously smaller end, but okay).
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DS was 12lbs 2oz, and 22.5 inches
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • At 10 weeks he is 12 lbs 6 oz at 52% and 24.25 inches long at 86%.
  • Our LO's 2 month appointment was yesterday. She was 11lbs 3oz and 22.5 inches long.

She was 6lbs 15oz and 19 inches when she was born.

• We had our 8-week appt on Monday and DD's height was 22 inches and weight was 10 lbs. Pedi said she is "between 25th and 50th percentile in both," but the online charts seem to have her as lower than that. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My not-so-little man is 6 weeks 2 days and is already 12lbs and 23.5inches! He is ridiculously long!

• My poor DD is short and fat. 14lbs and 23" and 16" head. She has to wear 6 month pants to fit her huge belly but she's short so I have to roll them up practically half way. Poor girl's gonna have problem with pants for the rest of her life just like her mama.
  • He was 21.5 inches and 12 lbs 15 oz. 29th percentile for length 79th for weight.
  • We dont have a 2 month appt but a 3 month appt.. I weighed little one last week and he was 15.9 lbs, so im thinking he is about 16.. ill weigh him tomorrrow at baby group, and i think he is 24inches.. he is a chunker!  99th percentile for weight i think..

one of my girlfriends had her baby on Monday, 12pounds and 24 inches! and he was only a week late!

Sept 2012 baby boy
      imageimageimage
    Anniversary
  • 11 lbs 13 oz (50th %tile)

24.75# (98th %tile) - but the i swear the nurse marked the line about an inch above his head. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• He was 11 lbs, 23.5" at his 2 month appt. Born at 7 lbs 13 oz.

I never pay attention to percentiles....they stress me out and dont really matter..
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• 2 months old today.  DS was 13 lbs 8 oz and 23 inches.  Chubby, but not very tall.
    DD1 - july 2008
    DD2 - may 2010
    DS - sept 2012
  • DD was 10 lbs 11oz and 23 inches at her 2 month visit.
  • As of yesterday:

10 pounds 11ounces ~ 50th%

23 inches~ 95th%

weight for height was 5th% 

• DS has his 2 month visit today!

Weight: 14lbs 8oz {93%}

Height: 24in {85%}

Which officially makes him my smallest baby ;)  I make big kids.  DS1 was over 15lbs at 6 weeks. Ha! 

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• We had LO's 2 month appt today.. he weighted in at 10lbs 2 oz and is 23.5 in...
  • imageeliza261:
    We dont have a 2 month appt but a 3 month appt.. I weighed little one last week and he was 15.9 lbs, so im thinking he is about 16.. ill weigh him tomorrrow at baby group, and i think he is 24inches.. he is a chunker!nbsp; 99th percentile for weight i think..nbsp;one of my girlfriends had her baby on Monday, 12pounds and 24 inches! and he was only a week late!

Holy moly! I hope she had a c/s!!
    DS was 12 lbs 7 oz and 23 and 3/4 inches.
  • DD had her 2 month appt at 10 wks old. She was exactly 10 lbs which was in the 22 and 22 inches which was 19. Her head is small at 14.5 inches and only in the 3rd percent. She is just on the petite side.
                  image     image
  • I have a big girl!  13lbs 11oz, 23.25in at 2 months.  90% & 81%.  Compared to DS, who was 9lbs & 20.25in at the same age! 

• imagewatercolor5:

Are you sure that's not 70th percentile/50th percentile? 

DD was 10 lbs 5oz and we were told she was in the 50th percentile for weight and she was 22.5 in long, which was 50-75th percentile for height.  I know the charts are different for boys vs girls, but 17th percentile seems way too small for an 11 lbs baby...

Come to think of it, my pedi mentioned that they started using a different growth chart a couple of years ago...I think the one they're using now uses data from the WHO?  Supposedly it's more credible than the chart they were using previously, and DS #2 would have been more in the 30-40th percentile range on the old chart.  I completely forgot that he talked about that during the appointment!

Thanks for all of the responses, ladies.  DS is a happy little boy, so I guess I'm not going to worry about percentiles.  :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"