April 2011 Moms

Holiday Gifts - What's On Your List?

I know it's early but would love to get some of your preliminary thoughts on your gift list for your April 2011 babies...err..toddlers.

You guys were so helpful in this process last Christmas! Smile

TTC #2
BFP 3/28/16 (EDD 12/9/16) * Chemical pregnancy
ME: 40 yrs.old
DH: 41 yrs.old
DD: 5 yrs.

Re: Holiday Gifts - What's On Your List?

• Some things on my draft list are:

Baby chair of some sort.

Large soft blocks 

Painting easel and supplies

FP corn popper

Leap Frog maracas

Baby doll stroller

TTC #2

• imageGastro:

I still think of my little guy as a baby! 

We are heading to the inlaws for Christmas which is a two hour flight away so nothing big (and he recently got a play kitchen so that's kind of an early Christmas present anyway).

So on Christmas morning LO is getting an Auris wooden stirring xylophone, wooden tea set, eco dough play dough, artist's smock, books, and a Plan Toys push toy. 

He will get a wooden mixer for his kitchen and a chunky wooden puzzle at home before we leave for Christmas. 

I like the idea of a kitchen set/kitchen supplies.

TTC #2

• Loading the player...
  • imageGastro:

Think about the P'Kolino reader chair for your LO for the baby chair...we really like ours.

That was the one I was looking at in green! So glad you like it. I like it more than the PB one I thought we might get.

TTC #2

• We haven't really decided yet, but we will need to weed out some of the toys that he already has!  One thing we do want to get him is a little workbench and play tools. My husband saw one on sale and really wants to get it for him. I thought it was cute  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagekestock120:
    We haven't really decided yet, but we will need to weed out some of the toys that he already has!  One thing we do want to get him is a little workbench and play tools. My husband saw one on sale and really wants to get it for him. I thought it was cute  :)

So cute! I wonder if they make little toddler hard hats. I can see Andrew rocking one of those. ;)

TTC #2

• IKEA table and chairs--hopefully from a grandparent

PBK Anywhere Chair

More That's Not My books

Maybe some FP little people toys

**Hangs out in thread hoping for some stocking stuffer ideas**

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
  • A chair- thanks for the P'Kolino idea! They're at Bed Bath and Beyond for just $49.99!! I looove the Land of Nod chairs, but I don't think we can afford it with the matching ottoman plus the other things we want to get.

A table and chairs for her to sit at and eat snacks, color, do puzzles etc.. She sits at the 'big kid table' at day care now, so I want one for home. :)

I thought about jumping on the play kitchen bandwangon. It seems to be "the gift" this year, but I haven't decided yet.

Some smaller toys, like M&D puzzles and coloring books, which she loves.

Something musical- not sure what yet.

I have a ton of things I want to get her, but I really need to sit down and set a budget before I go over the top. Stick out tongue

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• imageSarahL77:

A chair- thanks for the P'Kolino idea! They're at Bed Bath and Beyond for just $49.99!!

Ah - awesome! Thanks for the heads up! 

TTC #2

• imageGastro:
    imageSarahL77:

A chair- thanks for the P'Kolino idea! They're at Bed Bath and Beyond for just $49.99!! 

If you can use those 20% off coupons they always have that would be an amazing price for the chair.

Yes! I need to look for one. Thanks for the reminder. :)

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Here's my list:

Giant dump truck because Liam is obsessed (https://www.amazon.com/John-Deere-Scoop-Dump-Truck/dp/B000UZI26E/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=1LG2TFGF4GQLA&coliid=I2DDR5DNCO6ESB) and his little trucks don't push well through the grass ;)

matchbox cars

puzzles 

Little basketball goal

Grandparents are getting him a ride on tractor and a play kitchen.  

I've been debating this tower: https://www.amazon.com/Little-Partners-Learning-Tower-Natural/dp/B001ECHXVC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1352900787&sr=8-2&keywords=baby+step+tower

I've heard such great things, but it's so freaking expensive 

• imageGastro:
    imagevilaro:

imagekestock120:
    We haven't really decided yet, but we will need to weed out some of the toys that he already has!  One thing we do want to get him is a little workbench and play tools. My husband saw one on sale and really wants to get it for him. I thought it was cute  :)

So cute! I wonder if they make little toddler hard hats. I can see Andrew rocking one of those. ;)

They totally do! LO goes to a nursery school where they have little hard hats and vests with reflectors on them.

Ok, now I'm on a mission to find a hardhat and vest for him  Smile 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Grandparents are giving DD a kitchen and the others a picnic table.  We are giving her a wagon, Fisher Price Rock n Roll Tricycle and some doll babies.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers imageimage
  • imagekestock120:
    imageGastro:
    imagevilaro:

imagekestock120:

They totally do! LO goes to a nursery school where they have little hard hats and vests with reflectors on them.

Ok, now I'm on a mission to find a hardhat and vest for him  Smile 

We found ours at the Dollarama : DS cant get enough of that hat!
  • I honestly fee like we have all of the big stuff from DS - kitchen, art easle, etc. So far we're getting DD the Little People princess castle, some girly puzzles, a princess pop-up tent and a bunch of books. My parents are buying her an Anywhere Chair. For her birthday in April I think we're going to het her a Bitty Baby from American Gir.

• A drum set! We've been debating between a "toy" one and a junior-sized one. Jared works at a music store, so whatever we get will be from there, and we'll only pay cost for it.

The little 1/16 violins are SOOO cute but definitely for an older kiddo. 

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• sorry...double post : /

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageshaindelr:

A drum set! We've been debating between a "toy" one and a junior-sized one. Jared works at a music store, so whatever we get will be from there, and we'll only pay cost for it.

That's awesome! Honestly I would go with the junior sized one. He will get more use out of them since he won't outgrow it as quickly and most likely have more fun playing them.

My husband and I are really into music (he plays lead guitar and I play bass and occasionally the drums when I've had plenty of beer) so we are definitely going to get Jack something music related. He's been obsessed with the bongos lately. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageSittingOnAMtnTop:
    imageshaindelr:

A drum set! We've been debating between a "toy" one and a junior-sized one. Jared works at a music store, so whatever we get will be from there, and we'll only pay cost for it.

That's awesome! Honestly I would go with the junior sized one. He will get more use out of them since he won't outgrow it as quickly and most likely have more fun playing them.

My husband and I are really into music (he plays lead guitar and I play bass and occasionally the drums when I've had plenty of beer) so we are definitely going to get Jack something music related. He's been obsessed with the bongos lately. 

Thanks so much! He's actually played a few full-sized drum sets pretty well, so I'm guessing the "junior" sized one is in his future :-)

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!

• imageshaindelr:
    imageSittingOnAMtnTop:
    imageshaindelr:

Thanks so much! He's actually played a few full-sized drum sets pretty well, so I'm guessing the "junior" sized one is in his future :-)

That's an awesome gift!

TTC #2

• imagevilaro:
    imageshaindelr:
    imageSittingOnAMtnTop:
    imageshaindelr:

That's an awesome gift!

Here he is playing a full-sized one Smile We were setting up the stage for a performance for the college's 50th Birthday, and decided to let him play around. That's "Grandma Margaret" -- the head of the music department and his best buddy -- making sure he doesn't fall off the stool.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151087449293807&set=vb.521563806&type=3&theater

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!

• imageshaindelr:
    imagevilaro:
    imageshaindelr:
    imageSittingOnAMtnTop:
    imageshaindelr:

That's an awesome gift!

Here he is playing a full-sized one Smile We were setting up the stage for a performance for the college's 50th Birthday, and decided to let him play around. That's "Grandma Margaret" -- the head of the music department and his best buddy -- making sure he doesn't fall off the stool.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151087449293807&set=vb.521563806&type=3&theater

That is am amaaaazing video! He loves those drums and has such a handle on it all. I'm impressed!

TTC #2

• imagevilaro:
    imageshaindelr:
    imagevilaro:
    imageshaindelr:
    imageSittingOnAMtnTop:
    imageshaindelr:

That's an awesome gift!

That is am amaaaazing video! He loves those drums and has such a handle on it all. I'm impressed!

Awwww... Thanks! :-)

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!

• imageshaindelr:
    imagevilaro:
    imageshaindelr:
    imageSittingOnAMtnTop:
    imageshaindelr:

That's an awesome gift!

Wow, great job on those drums. That is awesome!!

natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"