3rd Trimester

Is it ok to wear jeans to my shower?

Do you think it's tacky to wear jeans to my shower? They are dark and nice...or should I suck it up and buy some maternity tights and wear a dress? I'm sure it's fine, but I just feel weird about wearing jeans to a party that I'm the guest of honor at.....but I don't really know why I feel this way haha. It's at my cousin's house so not at a fancy restaurant or anything.

Thoughts? 

Re: Is it ok to wear jeans to my shower?

• I wore tights and a long shirt.  I think nice jeans are perfect.  Heck, If I didn't have any tights I would have worn track pants. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Absolutely!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine was the weekend before Halloween so I wore jeans and a halloween skeleton shirt with the baby in the belly. Go fo the jeans!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I wore nice jeans to my shower at my friend's house.  Most of my friends were wearing jeans, too!  I dressed them up with a bright top and jewelry. 

I couldn't imagine sitting in front of a group of people in a dress or skirt while opening gifts.  It's stressful enough without worrying about flashing people!

• That would have been too casual at my showers. I wore a dress & tights and/or dress pants and a dressy top w/ jewelry. You just have to know your crowd! 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I wore nice jeans and a nice shirt to my shower. My other one will I will wear a dress to bc my SIL's are super stylish and I don't want to look out of place.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• ok awesome thanks for the validation. It's this weekend and I got a couple of cute/dressy tops that I am happy with so I'm sure it will be fine :)

• I wore a dress but I think jeans are just fine! I think jeans and a blouse is always a cute look.
  • I wore a nice shirt, skirt, tights and boots to mine and I was the ONLY person that wasn't in jeans. I didn't mind but I would have been more comfy in jeans.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My shower was at a home as well, and I wore jeans. Everyone who attended wore jeans - it was just a relaxed shower, and for me, it was great. I think jeans are absolutely fine as long as the shower isn't super fancy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think jeans would be ok. But personally I like the look of a cute bump accentuating dress for pictures.
  • I did.  I wore dark maternity jeans and a long sleeve t-shirt.  I probably would've worn a sundress or skirt of some type had it been warmer outside.  It was the middle of October and pretty chilly out.

imageimageimage

Anniversary
  • My first shower was with a casual crowd, so I wore dark jeans and a nice top. I knew people would be dressier at my other one, so I got a cute dress. But the morning of the shower I felt so huge and uncomfortable I couldn't make myself wear it and went with my nice jeans again. There were some guests with dresses on, but it really wasn't a big deal IMO. I felt much better in my jeans when I was sitting and opening presents!
  • I'd wear a dress.  I never wear a dress unless we are going to a wedding.  I wear jeans on Christmas, etc... But for my shower I felt the need to wear a dress.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm going to wear black corduroy pants with a nice top. I think that jeans are just fine to wear. I agree with everyone else it helps to know what kind of crown will be there. I hope you have a great baby shower!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Go for it! I wore jeans to mine because it's all about comfort. All these "rules" are strange to me because in my family it's come as you are and be yourself.
  • Jeans should be fine. 

I wore yoga pants and a nice top.  I cant fit into my maternity jeans or dress pants anymore.  I knew none of the ladies attending would be wearing dresses/skirts. 

Add to all of that...you are the one pregnant.  YOU need to be comfortable.  

:D 

• I wore my dark fashionable Gap jeans with a nice sweater and boots to my shower. Every other shower I've been to, they've worn a super cute dress. To be fair, they each had jobs where those dresses would have been appropriate attire. I just refused to buy one, since my job was more of a scrubs kind of job, and I'd never wear the dress again. I say you're good!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I don't think this is something a bunch of strangers can answer, honestly. We don't know you or your family, so you just gotta go with your gut. 

I could've worn jeans and a nice shirt, but I had found a cute maternity dress for cheap, so I wore that.  

EDD#1 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    EDD#2 2.20.16 I love you already! <3

BabyFruit Ticker
    FEB16 Siggy Challenge Fave TV mom
  • I wore jeans with a cute blouse and dressy wedge shoes for my shower. I think it's fine, especially if most of the people at the shower are typically pretty casual.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"