Just curious as to how many have seen the dentist.[Poll]
Pinterest
My Blog- Life With a Toddler
Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
BFP#2 12/2/12 EDD 8/26/13; No heartbeat at 6w6d on 1/4/13; D&C 1/5/13
My Ovulation Chart
PgAL/PAL Always Welcome

Re: CPW: Dentist

• We have an appointment scheduled with our family dentist for next month, when C will be 17 months old. They call it a "Happy Visit" so I hope they get a good look at his teeth.
    Pinterest
    My Blog- Life With a Toddler
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#2 12/2/12 EDD 8/26/13; No heartbeat at 6w6d on 1/4/13; D&C 1/5/13
    My Ovulation Chart
    PgAL/PAL Always Welcome
  • I did have one scheduled at one point, ended up canceling.  At this point, I think probably not until she is 2.  Not entirely sure yet.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm just waiting until after the new year to make the appt. because I need to add DD to my dental plan during the benefits open enrollment that's going on right now and that's when the benefits start.  A pediatric dentist came to talk to the moms group I'm in and sold me on bringing her in now.  He said the first appt. will be more informative (talking about teeth care) and a quick check of her teeth. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I voted SS.  The dentist we take DS1 to doesn't take children until they are 2.  So while I was at his checkup last month I schedualed for DS2 as well and to be technical he won't be 2 yet....just a month shy.  Close enough I guess.

I also didn't even consider taking DS1 to a dentist before he was 2 because he hardly had any teeth prior to 18 months.  DS2 has had a mouthful of teeth for awhile.  If the dentist would have taken him sooner I would have deffinatly made that appointment.

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Took him last month. It was really a great experience.  Basically it was to get established in case he knocks a tooth out or has an issue. They also put a fluoride treatment on his teeth since oregon is lame and does not fluorinate the water.

They showed him all the tools and let him touch them. Told us to attempt to brush his teeth at least twice a day, but not to force the issue.  She did tell me to get baby toothpast that has xylitol in it and rub it on his teeth 3 times a day in addition to brushing. 

Also, he got fluoride drops that I add to water each day, (when I remember).

Glad I took him.

• DD hasn't had her own appointment but DH brought her at the end of mine so she could sit in my lap and see the tools.  The dentist tried to look in her mouth but she wasn't having it.  Will take her again in 6 months and see how she does.  Dentist said there is no point to her having her own appointment if she isn't going to let them look in her mouth.  We are brushing her teeth regularly and watching for any black spots or abnormalities (mostly take advantage and get a good look when she is screaming about something).  
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• I voted not until 2, but realistically I probably won't bring him until 3 or 4 (DD2 is going at the end of this week for her first visit and she will be 3 in Feb), so I should have voted SS.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • I voted no and he won't be going until 2 but after I realized that is not totally accurate. Through Public Health in my province there is a Dental Health Nurse who checks toddlers teeth at 18 mos and offers a flouride varnish treatment. Then she sees them every 6 mos until they see a dentist, and most dentists around here won't see them until 3.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageaztoid2006:
    Just curious as to how many have seen the dentist.

My dentist said not until 3, thats when she took her kids. i was a dental assistant til DD was born, so being obssessed with teeth i am always cleaning hers and counting them. Lol i do plan on taking her with me so she can get used to it.
  • We took Alexis at 15 months. She had a ton of teeth and her pedi said it would be a good idea to take her now. We went to a My Kids Dentist, the place was so cute and was super baby friendly. The dentist pretty much just checked her teeth, put a fluoride treatment on them and let us know we should brush twice a day with fluoride toothpaste. They also gave her a free t-shirt and an electric toothbrush, which she won't use till she is like 3 but still that was really nice of them. They told me she won't need to go again till she is like 2 1/2.
  • She went at 12 months to a pediatric dentist. It was mainly an informative appointment, but the dentist did do a quick oral exam on her. It cost $75, which was cheaper to pay out of pocket than to add her to our dental insurance plan.
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • imagemamarazzi528:
    I'm just waiting until after the new year to make the appt. because I need to add DD to my dental plan during the benefits open enrollment that's going on right now and that's when the benefits start.  A pediatric dentist came to talk to the moms group I'm in and sold me on bringing her in now.  He said the first appt. will be more informative (talking about teeth care) and a quick check of her teeth. 

This. We added dd to our 2013 plan, so i just need to make an appt. 

DD: June 2011    DS: September 2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker                    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Cate had her first dentist appointment @ 5 days old :)

She has been several times since... turns out the 2 teeth she was born with will be the only teeth she will have in the bottom front. The 4 teeth in the bottom front are completely missing. No baby teeth, no adult teeth.

We go back in 6 months to see what the next step is. I can already tell that it's affecting her speech, so I think she'll have to get some kind of fake teeth retainer until she's old enough for implants.

She was such an easy baby, but she's going to end up costing us the most money!

We actually just upped our dental coverage for next year specifically for her mouth!

• My Pedi didnt say to go until she's 3 so I really havent given it much thought. But we brush twice so hopefully thats good enough for now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"