Working Moms
Options

Kindercare?

Does anyone take their kids to Kindercare? We have a few close to our house and I know all centers are different but I was wondering if you are happy with the level of care your children get there.
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Kindercare?

• Options
    Hi there I am a lurker on this board. My sister has her degree in early childhood education works at one of our local kindercares. So I have to say I a little biased because I know she is awesome and loves her kids. She took this job because our local schools laid her off when it came time for budget cuts. Her center is very nice I would encourage you to go check it out and talk with the teachers if you are thinking about it.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

We were with Kindercare for a year. First thing I have to say is that they are a decent daycare but they are so not worth the extra money they cost. The whole corporation is very commercialized and very "black and white". They follow an exact curriculum and nobody seems to be that creative. They do not pay their teachers well at all and as a result they have a lot of turnover. My DD was happy enough there but when we got sick of paying so much money (and it kept going up), we looked for another daycare and the difference was amazing. DD is so loved and this new center and we feel so much more like they are a family to us and she's learned so much and grown so much emotionally in the 15 months she's been at the new center.

I would never go to another Kindercare.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If I didn't work there my child would not be there.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    I made it past my goal I nursed for 1 year and 6 weeks! Im so proud of myself!
  • Options
    I agree that they are all a lot different. The one right by our house seemed really nice but others in the area not so much. I would tour a few and see the differences. I think your gut and instinct will tell you which ones have nurturing environments and which ones not so much.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

One of my coworkers takes her kids to Kindercare and loves them. 

We looked at the Kindercare near us (not the one my coworker uses) and there was no way in hell we would leave our baby there. The facility was crummy and didn't seem very nice/clean, the kids didn't seem happy, the "outside play area" was a small fenced area about 8 feet by 30 feet (they had just fenced the area between the building and the sidewalk).

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"