Baby Showers
Options

I'm offended!

I am really notStick out tongue 

But I have usually don't spend over $5 on books for DD.  I still get board books, because they will be used for another kid and I know pages would get ripped.  AND I have gotten a lot of the books from Barnes & Noble.  I do love a good Target dollar bin book though!  Why the hate?

And this is in NO WAY a vote for asking for books instead of cards. Yuck!

photo 997d7ce2-9f44-4a90-b78f-0ddf5f488d41_zps82d963f4.jpg
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I'm offended!

• Options

imageLiz4444:

Somebody always brings up how cheap and crappy Target dollar bin or Dollar store books are when there is talk of books instead of cards.  That's not even the issue.  I think it was you that said, it is about people telling you how to spend your money.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    9 times out of 10 dollar store books are totally crap and get destroyed quickly.  The board books from Target dollar bin last slightly longer, but there's not really any room to write "heartfelt sentiments" in a board book.

I rarely spend more than $5 on a book unless it's something I know he wants specifically and I can't find it on sale/can't find a coupon for it.  The real point lies in telling someone how to spend their money.  Let's be honest, when someone is asking for books vs cards, they aren't dreaming about cheap books.  They've got some Norman Rockwell vision of curling up with their rosy cheeked baby and pulling out a copy of "Oh the places you'll go" with the heartfelt lengthy inscription from dear old Grandma Sally about accomplishing great things and achieving the impossible dream.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Options
    Anyway, I was just teasing people about being cheap book hatersSmile
  • Options

I'm all about buying cheap books for DS- with my own money- but as a gift for another baby, I'm going to buy a higher quality book. 

And I still would get a card because I don't like the idea of writing inside of a book that doesn't belong to my child.  

• Options
    imagePunkyBooster:

I'm all about buying cheap books for DS- with my own money- but as a gift for another baby, I'm going to buy a higher quality book. 

And I still would get a card because I don't like the idea of writing inside of a book that doesn't belong to my child.  

I totally agree with this.  I have some dollar store board books and from the Target dollar bin (and they've lasted through 3 kids).  I also have some that I just really liked...usually gave at birthday, Easter, Christmas, etc...but not always.  I know I've spent up to $18 on a board book...especially the "touchy- feely" ones.  Some have flaps...but we are very careful with those.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"