Parenting after 35

S/O Thanksgiving, sort of FFTC

I get to have a my favorite holiday cocktail this year. And wine with dinner! I had JUST gotten my BFP last Thanksgiving so I couldn't drink, but I am embarassingly excited about having a cocktail whilst fixing dinner this year.

Don't judge Stick out tongue

Re: S/O Thanksgiving, sort of FFTC

• NO judging here.  The holidays last year w/no booze were horrible!  I had In-laws for a week long at christmas!!!! I finally on christmas eve I had a glass of wine.  I thought i was going to kill my MIL if I didn't.  so I also ask for no judging Embarrassed
    Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• No judging here.

Our anniversary last year was just under 2 months after LO was born and I couldn't wait to have a martini or 2 with dinner.  And pumpkin beer since I missed out on Sam Summer that summer.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Ugh. I'm taking antidepressants for PPD and am not supposed to drink.  That is going to make Thanksgiving with the inlaws so much harder to bear.

• LOL!

I got my BFP the day AFTER turkey day with Aaron (in 2008... wow... 4 years ago!). I was TTC so I abstained. This year, with all the Hurricane Sandy aftermath (it's still awful in places here), I plan on indulging in several glasses of wine.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • imageELF4321:
    Ugh. I'm taking antidepressants for PPD and am not supposed to drink.  That is going to make Thanksgiving with the inlaws so much harder to bear.
    Sad
  • Definitely no judgement here.  I wish I could drink Thanksgiving as we'll be staying at my MIL's house.  Unfortunately I am a massive lightweight so if have anything my lips will get loose and I'll say all kinds of things to MIL and SFIL that would not go over well. lol

Enjoy your cocktails. :)

• Drink one for me! I'm diabetic so I can't really drink.  Sad
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • ::pours Stever a margarita:: Drink up lady!
  • I don't drink, so all I can say is indulge responsibly especially since some people literally will drive you to drink!!  Yea, sounds like my ILs will be OOT this year but DH  has to work so I'm not sure what we'll be doing.  With my family none of us drink, so no big deal there, with my IL's it's funny because all of us IL's (if I drank) would indulge..

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagegimmietimmies:
    ::pours Stever a margarita:: Drink up lady!
    Drinks
  • Start early!!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • No judgment! Drink up and happy holidays!

I feel your pain - last year I got my BFP just a few days before Christmas. Every year I make a huge batch of coquito, which is like Puerto Rican eggnog - coconut milk, rum, sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, cinnamon ..total yumminess. It has to be made several days ahead of time and we weren't actually TTC, so the BFP was a surprise. I wanted some so badly!

I might get to drink a little this year ...have to check and make sure it's ok. I am still BFing and I work so hard for the milk I get that I hate the idea of pump n dump, but I can have one drink if I drink right after a feeding and let the alcohol go through my system, right? Right??

• imagestever:
    imagegimmietimmies:
    ::pours Stever a margarita:: Drink up lady!
    Drinks
    Slainte! Drinks I'm always the dd or pregnant during holidays, so I know the pain! I will however, be silently toasting you ladies on your thanksgiving, I have a work do the next night. 
  • No judging at all, bottoms up!! :)
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • I never realized how much I relied on a drink or 2 to deal with my ILs. It was a tough holiday season 2008.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No judging at all!  In fact, I am jealous!!  The holidays for me used to mean mimosas and wine all day long.  Now, I am BF'ing, and lost my entire frozen stash to Hurricane Sandy which means no alcohol for me.

Bottoms up! Have one for me while you're at it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagebikitybinx:

No judging at all!  In fact, I am jealous!!  The holidays for me used to mean mimosas and wine all day long.  Now, I am BF'ing, and lost my entire frozen stash to Hurricane Sandy which means no alcohol for me.

I am so sorry to hear this! I was really afraid that would happen to me if the storm took out our power. We were spared, luckily. But I had a plan - our neighbors across the street have a generator and if we lost power I was going to head over there with my entire stash. Shameless, I know - but I worked hard for all that milk!!

• imagebikitybinx:

No judging at all!  In fact, I am jealous!!  The holidays for me used to mean mimosas and wine all day long.  Now, I am BF'ing, and lost my entire frozen stash to Hurricane Sandy which means no alcohol for me.

Sad
  • I hope you enjoyed your cocktails!  My sister and I thoroughly enjoyed our mulled wine - we even share. . . a little bit!
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"