November 2012 Moms

**Twatwaffle Tuesday!!**

I love Tuesday! And the nominees are...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: **Twatwaffle Tuesday!!**

• This week I will nominate the lady in the grocery store parking lot yesterday. She gave me the finger and called me a "stupid a$$hole".

She earns this nomination for several reasons:

1) She was mad because I made a left in a parking lot when it was my turn at a stop sign, and she was in the middle of the parking lot and thought I was going to hit her. I was doing maybe five miles an hour.

2) There was a crosswalk at said stop sign. She instead chose to cross behind the other car at the stop sign, so she was completely obstructed from my view until I had come all the way around the corner.

3) She had two children with her.

My pregnant self so wanted to stop my car and explain to her why SHE was in fact the "stupid a$$hole" for not teaching her children to properly cross a road, for teaching them bad manners, and for just being a general idiot and expecting to be seen from behind a freaking Range Rover. I showed some restraint and kept driving. I did say all of those things, but to the empty air in my car. I am still mad about this this morning. I HATE PEOPLE!!! 

• I nominate my bf's mom. The family came to the house yesterday to see the baby. She started in on how I ruined "everything" because I chose to find out the sex via ultrasound and then we got induced. So apparently we took the fun out of everything and she just doesn't understand why anyone would do that. Welp, I think meeting my baby was still important and exciting.

She also thinks that I need help and advice regarding feeding a newborn. Well, I'm pretty sure I have a 3 year old that I bf and raised. He's doing just fine, thanks. I am 28 and a stm not some 16yo that hasn't got a clue.
  • Loading the player...
  • I nominate my lower back, it will not let up.  4 hours of sleep last night and everyday I am still pregnant is a day I want to sedate myself.  Please hurry up baby!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I nominate my OBGYN.  I am 38 weeks, 5days along today so while I'm impatient I know I have no right to be.  However, at my appointment last week he told me that he thought the baby would come within the next week (I didn't ask for a time frame either).  Well fast forward a week and still no baby.  Why the heck would he get my hopes up?!  Obviously my OBGYN is a guy and not a woman who has ever been pregnant or he would know better.
  • I nominate: My LO... Grrrr... just found out yesterday she flipped herself head up. I am almost 38 weeks and trying to not stress too much, but if this little girl does not go back head down by next Monday I'm going to be awfully upset by having to plan her safe arrival to the world.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I nominate: me! I can't get comfortable to sit or sleep so it makes me irritable with everything.....I had a break down last night as DH was once again unhelpful but quick to assess the situation and I snapped! I say me because my motto till LO shows up is Leave Me the Hell alone!!! :)
  • I nominate this cough that won't go away. The amount of times I have peed myself in the last 2 weeks is simply unacceptable. I spend a solid thirty minutes in the middle of the night every night sitting on the toilet just to have a coughing fit. And any cough meds I am allowed to have are useless. Arg. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I nominate my MIL.

She called my DH the day after his 40th birthday to lay a guilt trip on him for whatever reason. Saying she doesn't think he loves her anymore, that he only cares about his new family, etc. This is the same woman who neither showed up for nor called to tell us she wasn't showing up for my family baby shower. Has never celebrated DH's bday with us in all the years we've been together. Never answers her phone or returns a calls when he calls her. Doesn't get out of bed most of the time when we come to see her (she has legitimate medical issues, but could try harder) and refuses to stop smoking like a broke stove in her house where her three young grandchildren - one of whom needs oxygen - live or even because she has COPD and other lung issues.

What makes this all even worse is that this has NEVER been an issue before. We've always gotten along beautifully. As a matter of fact, if it wasn't for me, DH would probably never call or see her, but I try to encourage him despite her shortcomings.

So, here I sit at 9 months pregnant ready to go postal on the woman for hurting my DH, who goes out of his way to make everybody in his life happy.

Proud Doxie Mommy

TTC #1 since Sept. 2009 - DX unexplained IF March 2011 - "Surprise" BFP March 2012
    DS born via c-section 11/17/12
    TTC #2 (or, not TTA) Nov. 2013
    BFP #2 8/22/14, Missed M/C 6w2d, Discovered 7w4d/Official 8w6d, D&C 9/27/14
  • I nominate my hopes. They got way up yesterday without my permission. So now I am sitting at work hoping for the horrible cramps, backache, and lightening crotch I had yesterday. Who wishes for this stuff?!

• I nominate this little boy inside me. He is not only holding out. I'm dilated to four, but I also got PUPPS in the last week of pregnancy. He must be like my husband just can't decide when he wants to do until its the last minute. 

• I guess I will go ahead and nominate myself for not being handy around the house. The breaker in the living room tripped this morning. I went out there and switched them all off and back on, and everything came back on. Then it did it again. So I did it again. This time nothing is happening. I need to know how to fix these things. I mean I'm pretty sure it means a fuse is blown, and I can't just run out right now anyway.

• imagekellbell814:
    I nominate my OBGYN.  I am 38 weeks, 5days along today so while I'm impatient I know I have no right to be.  However, at my appointment last week he told me that he thought the baby would come within the next week (I didn't ask for a time frame either).  Well fast forward a week and still no baby.  Why the heck would he get my hopes up?!  Obviously my OBGYN is a guy and not a woman who has ever been pregnant or he would know better.

Lol! Me too! I love my OBGYN but had been so excited all week because he told me baby would almost for sure come before my EDD! Today is my EDD and no baby. :/ 

IAmPregnant Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. I nominate all people that offer to "help", but really just want to play with the baby. I have no problem with people wanting to visit the baby, but I do have a problem with them pretending they are doing me a favor by "helping". I have the cuddling and playing with the baby handled. If you really want to help you could clean or cook or go grocery shopping. Holding the baby only to hand her back when she cries or needs to be changed does not help me.

2. I nominate DH and my MIL. His mother has Wednesday off from work and has offered to come "help". I don't like my mil and I do not want her coming over for a whole day while DH is at work so I am forced to entertain her. I am not comfortable breast feeding in front of her and she is always telling me what I am doing wrong. DH doesn't want to tell her no because she will be offended and tells me I am unreasonable.

It seems like deja vu because she showed up uninvited when I was in labor and DH was upset that I wouldn't let her in the room. This women has never been nice to me, but now that I've had her grandchild she thinks she is entitled to see the baby. Sorry maybe you should have thought about this before and not have treated me like crap

• I would also like to nominate DH and his stupid social life. I understand that at any given moment I could go into labor and our lives as we know them are over. I am well aware that none of his friends are married or have children. I know that this means that they will likely avoid us for a while after the baby comes. But for effs sake, we had company last night, he wants to go out tonight, We had an obligation on sunday night, he has another one on thursday, I have a tentative one tomorrow night. We have a family party on sunday if I'm still pregnant. What about US? Like, after this baby comes, it will never be just us ever again. You'd think he'd want to make the most of our time together. I'll end up giving up my social event tomorrow night because I don't really want to go and I would rather see him. It just makes me sad that he wouldn't rather see me...
  • I nominate my shy bowels. I just wanna go big potty but I can't go at work. I am too uncomfortable to do it! (since the bathroom is surrounded by offices). So I am sitting here at my desk too uncomfortable to actually go, but extremely uncomfortable because I haven't gone yet. I just hope I still have the feeling to go when I get home tonight or it's gonna be a miserable night. WAH!

• imageshutupanddance07:
    I would also like to nominate DH and his stupid social life. I understand that at any given moment I could go into labor and our lives as we know them are over. I am well aware that none of his friends are married or have children. I know that this means that they will likely avoid us for a while after the baby comes. But for effs sake, we had company last night, he wants to go out tonight, We had an obligation on sunday night, he has another one on thursday, I have a tentative one tomorrow night. We have a family party on sunday if I'm still pregnant. What about US? Like, after this baby comes, it will never be just us ever again. You'd think he'd want to make the most of our time together. I'll end up giving up my social event tomorrow night because I don't really want to go and I would rather see him. It just makes me sad that he wouldn't rather see me...

SO and I literally just went through this. In a calm voice I stated "I don't care what you do as long as I know where you are, you are sober (he's not a big drinker but he has been doin Football Sunday) and you keep me and LO in mind. I know you are stressed and feel like your world is about to be flipped. I have been dealing with it for 9 months. So grow up." I didn't nag. In fact I only brought it up that one time.

We are back to us. Sexy time, movie dates, snuggling in our cocoon (that's what I call our apt.) It was worth keeping my head and not being hormonal, or clingy.

• imageredwood807:
    imageredwood807:

I nominate one of my employees that seems to be going on an aweful lot of dr appts lately.  In the last month and a half, she's had at least one every week and is gone for no less than 2 hours each time.  She better stop that shiz once I'm on mat leave.  She goes to the dr more than me and I'm pregnant!

For the love of all that is holy, she just made another appt for this afternoon! Then asks me if it's ok after she gets off the phone! WTF

(yea, I quoted myself, whatev) I am so pissed

...Those sound kind of like job interviews.  Or an affair.

• I nominate my H. He doesn't even deserve the D. I love this man, but last night I could have killed him. He nudged me awake 3 different times because I was snoring. Apparently, I have been snoring like a wildabeest lately. Oh, I'm sorry that the extra 30 pounds I'm carrying around inconveniences you.

To top it off, the last time he nudged me awake at 1am, I couldn't fall back asleep for like 3 hours. You don't wake a sleeping pregnant lady!! He even asked if I could "reposition" to stop snoring. He's lucky I didn't reposition my fist into his face! Here's an idea, go sleep in the guest bedroom!

Pregnancy Ticker

photo 9c28f28c-5aae-4b20-8f02-ea27ec37f516_zpsdaed06b5.jpg
  • imageironmom5:
    imageredwood807:
    imageredwood807:

I nominate one of my employees that seems to be going on an aweful lot of dr appts lately.  In the last month and a half, she's had at least one every week and is gone for no less than 2 hours each time.  She better stop that shiz once I'm on mat leave.  She goes to the dr more than me and I'm pregnant!

For the love of all that is holy, she just made another appt for this afternoon! Then asks me if it's ok after she gets off the phone! WTF

(yea, I quoted myself, whatev) I am so pissed

...Those sound kind of like job interviews.  Or an affair.

I was wondering if she maybe was having some kind of medical issue. I went through this once, and ended up having to use disability insurance time because of all the appointments.  It's just easier to tell your boss you have a problem, though... 

Maybe you should ask her what's up and if everything's ok, because if she's sick, that's one thing, but if she's knockin boots or running off to job interviews, she can use her some vacation time! 

• I nominate ladies who talk shiit on Facebook, but don't have the balls to do so elsewhere. You seem to have a lot to say about someone when they aren't around, but as soon as they're there you have NOTHING to say? Get a backbone.

You don't like someone? That's fine, but don't gossip and slander behind someone's back. That's just messy, and nothing gets accomplished that way.

V|V TSP V|V
  • I nominate the mouse who's avoided our humane traps for the past...month. Today, while I'm working I look up to see him hopping up the steps like he's a tenant or something. He just looked so comfortable here. It pissed me off. Sent DH to the store to get the non-humane sticky traps and snap traps. It's on now Fievel. We can't be friends.
  • imagerdmitten:
    I take back my earlier nomination...I now nominate the stranger two rows over in the grocery store parking lot who felt it would be a good idea to yell "whoa, you've got to be ready to pop!" at me as I waddled back to my car.

I didn't think I was that huge. But thanks. I feel awesome now.

The only thing saving my day is the salted caramel hot chocolate I picked up. Yes, 143Babycakes, I went out specifically for that!!!

Lemme know what you think!!!

• I nominate Sprite2012. I rarely post on the BMB, but when I do all I see is you bragging about yourself. I don't give a shiet about your high ceilings or all the exotic places you've been to. Oh and stop pretending you don't do it on purpose. Your response to simple questions turns into a chance to brag about your life. I find you quite "unlikable" Wink

| R 11/22/12  |  L 03/14/14 |
  • imagepillowpants10:
    I nominate Sprite2012. I rarely post on the BMB, but when I do all I see is you bragging about yourself. I don't give a shiet about your high ceilings or all the exotic places you've been to. Oh and stop pretending you don't do it on purpose. Your response to simple questions turns into a chance to brag about your life. I find you quite "unlikable" Wink

V|V TSP V|V
  • I nominate myself, as I have been lurking on this BMB like a creepy McCreeperton since at least July.  Douche-tastic!

image   My chart 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"