Two Under 2
Options

Wrong Ultrasound Gender

I got an ultrasound at 15 weeks 4 days and 20 weeks with different two techs.  Both said I was having a girl.  My husband and I have told people we are expecting a little girl at the beginning of February.  Everyone keeps saying are you sure it's a girl... sometime those ultrasound techs are wrong.  Now I'm going crazy wondering if I am having a girl.  Anyone going through the same thing?    Here's a pic at my 20 week ultrasound:

Re: Wrong Ultrasound Gender

• Options

i'm not expert but i'd say that's a girl.... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've seen two "boy" ultrasounds and they didn't look like that, so, I would say girl also.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker *First RE visit 5/10 *B/W & SA Normal! 6/10 *Laprascopy - Removed septum and cyst 7/10 *50 mg Clomid 8/21 +Trigger 9/1 = BFN *50 mg Clomid 9/17 = No response *100 mg Clomid 9/29 + Trigger 10/8= BFP!! *Beta 1= 297 *Beta 2= 612! *It's a Boy! EDD July 4th 2011 *Surprise!! Natural BFP! Beta 1=306, Beta 2= 1100! EDD Aug 18th 2012! IT's a BOY!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With a girl, you're looking for three parallel lines where the arrow is pointing.  Definitely looks girl to me, and you got a very clear shot.
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • Options
    I have 3 DDs and another DD on the way, all U/S I have gotten look just like yours.
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    That is absolutely a girl. I have two boys and there is pretty much no question when its a boy, it would be clear as day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Definitely a girl. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I'd say it's a....GIRL! :O)

Congrats! 

• Options
     Wow- at 15 weeks it can be kind of difficult to see, but that looks like a girl to me! 
  • Options

I had an early U/S with my son at 15w0d (got checked for a placenta issue) and it was totally obvious he was a HE! Definitely did not look like that! Looks like a girl to me ;)

We are having an U/S with this pregnancy at a day shy of 16wks and hoping for a clear shot! 

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
  • Options
    I agree with PPs. That definitely looks like a girl to me! Congratulations!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you all!  I asked my doctor about it today and she told me it was for sure a girl and for me to tell everyone to shut their mouths.  I love my doctor :)
  • Options
    Oh yeah, that's a girl!! My DS was very apparent on ultrasound.
  • Options

That's a girl...

Here's my 20w ultrasound with a boy:

• Options
    Update on this?? What did you have? I'm going through the same thing!
  • Options
    I had a 3d ultrasound at 20 weeks. We got a clear girl shot. 3 lines and she called it...it's all recorded on the video. 2 minutes later, a penis popped up and sure enough he's a boy. From personal experience I would say it's definitely possible for it to be wrong especially that early but I don't think it's very common for it to be wrong, my cousin is a nurse who delivers babies and I think she said of all the babies (100s) she's only had an unexpected gender 3 times. If your baby had a penis it probably would've shown up at some point in the ultrasound.
    BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"