Food Allergy

Nutramigen success stories?

Hi, We are thinking that LO has MPI based on horrific eczema and spit up. Tonight we saw a new pedi and she told us to switch to Nutramigen and gave us a medicated cream for his creases, which are the worst and to keep him lathered up w vaseline. So, I was wondering if anyone else did this and had success..and, please, respectfully, EBF is not an option.

Re: Nutramigen success stories?

• Yep, for us it did. I EBF when ds was diagnosed with MSPI. I was dairy/soy free for a few weeks but the diet was driving me crazy. It took 6 weeks on nutramigen for his symptoms to go away but now he is doing great and thriving. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh and if nutramigen doesn't work for him there is alimentum (powder and ready to feed) and rx formulas like neocate. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Both of my girls have done wonderfully on Nutramigen. Good luck! 
  • My daughter did great on nutramigen its just very expensive but I bought all mine on ebay and its a lot cheaper. Most of it I found parents stocked up too much or doctors offices gave samples and people were trying to make a buck. Word of advice though when you hit the one year mark go to an allergist for your little one. I went to my pediatrician and she said just gradually switch to whole milk she will be fine well here we are at 13 months and I had to switch back to nutramigen and now we are on a no dairy no soy diet which is horrible but not the worst of it. She went through 2 weeks of projectile vomiting and intestinal swelling from my pedis advice!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • L does well on nutramigen but it wasn't over night. Took about 3 or so weeks to see a difference and another 2 weeks until she got to where she's at now. Doing great on it now! 

Lillian April 17, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"