2nd Trimester

Oh hear we go....

23 weeks and last night was the first night my leg on the bottom while sleeping felt like it was being crushed and was in a lot of pain....Sad  This happened with the first one also.  Time to get the wedge pillow and the regular pillow out....Anyone have this problem?  It is absolutely horrible.

Re: Oh hear we go....

• Do you mean calf cramps? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Just weight crushing the bottom leg...
  • Loading the player...
  • Ok, the former English teacher can't take it. You mean here we go, not hear. No, I've never experience a crushing weight on my leg.
  • imageshibby00:
    Ok, the former English teacher can't take it. You mean here we go, not hear. No, I've never experience a crushing weight on my leg.

Yes

Sorry, OP. I can't relate, but I am sorry. It sounds like it sucks.

Daisypath - (2EEx)

Lilypie - (CszI)

• I sleep on my left side but maybe the way my legs are situated when I sleep is strange, I don't know...

• My blood pressure has been good through the pregnancy so far, but I do have poor circulation in my legs...

• imagejennery:
    imageZippydoo:

My blood pressure has been good through the pregnancy so far, but I do have poor circulation in my legs...

Do you have a history of blood clots due to the poor circulation? A co-worker had blood clots and his primary symptom was severe leg pain. Not diagnosing you whatsoever (I am not a doctor/nurse) but it may be good to have it checked out if its causing issues for you.

Never had blood clots, but taking walks and working out is sometimes not fun...I get numb toes and pains in my legs sometimes and have to stop on the tread mill or elliptical sometimes which ruins my workout...

• Well, I'm on bedrest, supposed to stay on my left side. My left leg does hurt after a while , like 30 mins, and I have to move. But I wouldn't call it crushing.

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
  • imageshibby00:
    Ok, the former English teacher can't take it. You mean here we go, not hear. No, I've never experience a crushing weight on my leg.

Oh goodness I can't believe I wrote hear and not here....lol...oops...

• I have terrribbblleeee leg cramps at night, but never a crushing feeling. Leg cramps are normal but I'd call my OB for what you are experiencing....GL!
  • imageshibby00:

You mean "I've never experienced...", not "I've never experience..."  Please, if you're going to pull the "I must fix your grammar" crap, at least ensure your grammar is correct.

• imagebeckajw:

imageshibby00:

You mean "I've never experienced...", not "I've never experience..."  Please, if you're going to pull the "I must fix your grammar" crap, at least ensure your grammar is correct.

Lol
  • Varicose veins maybe? I think I've experienced something like what you described a couple of times - once after a long flight and the other just randomly at night while sleeping. My sister and mom are nurses told me this might be varicose veins, but I plan on speaking to my doctor about this tomorrow.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

• imageshibby00:

I think you mean "experienced."  I am also a former English teacher, and because of that experience I have a lot of patience for spelling and grammar errors. 

imageimageimageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagebeckajw:

imageshibby00:

*chuckle*

(Plus, I find myself accidentally typing "their" instead of "there," all the time, although I am well aware of the difference. Would hate to think the grammar police were tailing me and writing up tickets based on an innocent faux pas.)

• imageZippydoo:
    Just weight crushing the bottom leg...

I would recommend bringing this up with your Dr...if you don't have an appointment soon call. Sounds like it could be a circulation thing, definitely worth checking out. Do you sleep with a pillow between your legs? My legs are much more comfortable with a body pillow between them for support...not sure if that will make a difference, but worth a shot?

...I hope the grammar police doesn't get me...I didn't proof read before hitting "post" !! 

• imageZippydoo:

imageshibby00:

Oh goodness I can't believe I wrote hear and not here....lol...oops...

I always hate it when i accidentally type the wrong word. Especially when you've already sent it and then you catch it and you're like "should I go change it? Are they going to pounce on it like wolves on a carcass?"...this usually leads me to go change it, because people can't help but correct it.

Although, at the same time I correct my kids so much they think it's normal to correct peers. I've heard my daughter correct her friends numerous times...it was actually kind of cute. Like the time she was in kindergarden and her friend said something "hurted" and she goes..."ummm...that's not a word."

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I can't sleep on my side without a pillow between my legs AND ankles, or my lower spine down to my ankles will scream at me. I just use a regular pillow which works, but I have a hunch a pillow designed for going between your legs would be much more comfortable. Good luck with the pains!
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"