March 2013 Moms

Totally paranoid

I've been feeling baby regularly for the past 34 wks. She moves all day long my last 2 slept all day and because she's breach she kicks my cervix way too much. But I haven't felt her at all since yesterday evening : I've tried drinking something sugary and laying down for an hour, but nothing. I've tried, like the US techs do, pushing and prodding my belly, but nothing. Everything I can find on the Internet says movements aren't consistent before 28 wks and not to worry. I'll call the doc in the am, but have you ladies had anything like this?
John & Katherine, sittin' in a tree, . . . . Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Totally paranoid

• 3 or 4 wks mobile version keeps changing it
  • how far along are you? i would call your doctor if you are concerned of course!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I just went through this last week. I posted about it and got some nice responses. I have been feeling consistent movement for 7 weeks now and it is often and hard, so I freaked out. I went almost 48 hours without any movement. Of course, I FREAKED OUT. I was an emotional mess and was terrified something was very wrong. My doctor told me this is not unusual and that it is likely she had just flipped around. I believe she had switched position and was kicking towards my back. Unless there is some other reason to worry, try and keep calm. I know its not easy, believe me, I went through the same thing. Even though movement is not consistent until week 28 and a doctor won't be concerned at all with you not feeling it until then, it is still terrifying. ESPECIALLY when you feel movement all the time and it suddenly stops. Hope this helps.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.
  • It's not unusual. You'll get movement, little movement, and no movement throughout the rest of your pregnancy. It's hit and miss. I understand your concern though, and I wish me telling you not to worry would help.. But I know it won't. Lol. Call your doctor in the morning if you are still concerned. These little ones are stubborn. They don't move on command the majority of the time.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageMomofABCkids:
    how far along are you? i would call your doctor if you are concerned of course!!

This!  

• In the past 2 weeks, I've had semi-regular kicking. It has kinda died down a little though. My doctor wasn't concerned though. He said that I really only feel about 10% of kicks.. so this early on, not to worry if I'm not feeling them as often or at all.
  • I agree with the other posters. I hadn't felt my little girl for two days after feeling her CONSTANTLY and I freaked out as well. I read that it could be the baby turned backwards or (in my case, I think) it was just constipation. Once I was clear, there she was again :-)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • She might be growing faster tahn your uterus... I totally get your concern but try and not worry about it.  Hopefully it improves before you need to reach your dr. 

Good luck!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Doc had me come in today and no heartbeat could be found.  I have to schedule my induction for tomorrow or Wed morning.  :(
  • Oh, honey, I am so sorry! Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh no, I am so sorry. Thoughts and prayers coming your way!
    Married my best friend May 24, 2008
    BFP #1 9/1/11, EDD 5/15/12, Missed M/C at 9w4d, discovered at 11w3d, D&C 11/2/11
    BFP #2 6/20/12, Baby Boy born 3/2/13
    BFP #3 October 2016, EDD 6/11/17
  • Oh my goodness, I am so sorry for your loss :(

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope much peace and healing comes to you and your family. Please take care of yourself and know that you are in my thoughts.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am so, so sorry for your loss. I went through something similar in my last pregnancy. Please PM me if you want to talk. (I am in Nashville too.)

Please know that I am praying for you.

imageimageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mother to DD, born sleeping on 9/28/11, and DS, born 3/12/13, 5lbs 13oz, 19in
  • I am so very sorry for the loss of your baby girl!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"