3rd Trimester

random bag packing question

I'm starting to pack my hospital bag and was wondering when you can wear pants (like sweats or PJ's).  I mean on the second day are they still constantly checking you down there or is that just the first day?  

I bought a robe and nursing cami but thought maybe pants might be nice with visitors.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: random bag packing question

• Anyone I've ever seen in the hospital postdelivery was wearing pants. Just make sure they're easy to slip off should they need to check!
    EDD#1 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    EDD#2 2.20.16 I love you already! <3

BabyFruit Ticker
    FEB16 Siggy Challenge Fave TV mom
  • imagejani7:
    I'm starting to pack my hospital bag and was wondering when you can wear pants like sweats or PJ's. nbsp;I mean on the second day are they still constantly checking you down there or is that just the first day? nbsp;I bought a robe and nursing cami but thought maybe pants might be nice with visitors. nbsp;

I would imagine you'd probably be in bed when visitors come in, so pants probably wouldn't be necessary. I'm planning on getting a nightgown and robe set for visitors, but I won't be putting on pants until we leave most likely. And considering that they'll be checking your stitches regularly, I'd think it'd be easier if you didn't have to wrestle with pants each time.
  • Loading the player...
  • pants are fine, just comfy ones, not tight.  I didn't spend much time in bed after I birthed.  I was up and walking all over because it hurt to sit and I was just busy.  I can't imagine being stuck in bed after birthing.  With my son I birth in a tub and carried him down the hall to my couch where the midwife stitched me up, and then after resting a little and nursing I walked to my bedroom to finally sleep with our new baby.

• I had a csection, so I really don't know the answer.  But I took only pants to the hospital with DD (didn't know I was having a csection) once I was able to get out of bed, I wore pajama pants.  I personally don't feel comfortable in a night gown. 

My thought process was, if I have to be in a night gown, I will wear the hospital gown, with a robe, until I can wear pants.  I don't like nightgowns as I already said, so I don't want to spend money on one that I will wear once in the hospital. 

• Like a PP mentioned, I didn't put on pants until we were ready to go home. In addition to the post-delivery medical checking, stuff is pretty messy down there. I went through a few hospital gowns and was thankful not to get my own clothes gross. 

A robe would've been nice for a walk around the unit, but they just gave me another gown to wear backwards on top of mine. 

• I tore pretty bad and had stitches that were checked pretty often during my stay. I put on comfy yoga type pants as soon as I took a shower. The nurses never had a problem checking things. I'd just roll over to my side and they took a quick peek and that was it
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am also having a c/s and don't wear my clothes.  Between the checks and bleeding I don't wear my own clothes.  I also do the two gown thing, one front ways and one backwards.  Nothing shows and it's easist to get checked.  Now, I do like a bra :)  and I might wear a baggy shirt or tank but it honestly just depends on how I feel after my c/s.  My first was emergency and I didn't care what happened or what I wore or what anyone saw LOL  But, my second, I liked the shirt knowing I was a little covered :)  Depending on this one depends on what I wear :)   
    Pregnancy Ticker image image image
  • everyone's different, but I was so swollen and sore down there that the thought of pants made me cringe. I had brought yoga pants to wear home and didn't even want to try putting them on. Instead I opted to wear the wrinkled maternity dress that I'd worn to the hospital that had been sitting in a pile for two days.

it doesn't hurt to bring them, but when you get to that point, they might not be comfortable, or you might not care about how you look to visitors.

• Pants are fine, yes you are being checked often but it is no biggie to pull them down.  Just make sure they are loose fitting and you don't care if they get wrecked if you bleed a bit on them.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I didn't wear pants until is was time to go home. I just sat around in a tank and my mesh undies and visitors got to see what they got to see. I needed to be unencumbered by clothing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• With my first I took along a few pairs of sweat pants. It was very helpful because they keep it so cold in there! Plus when they need to check, you can easily slip them down. Also a tip, make sure you bring pants, because chances are you wont want to sit in your room the intire 3 days. I occacsionally went outside to get some fresh air, the walking really helped with pain too.
  • imagemejane123:
    imagejani7:
    I'm starting to pack my hospital bag and was wondering when you can wear pants like sweats or PJ's. nbsp;I mean on the second day are they still constantly checking you down there or is that just the first day? nbsp;I bought a robe and nursing cami but thought maybe pants might be nice with visitors. nbsp;
    I would imagine you'd probably be in bed when visitors come in, so pants probably wouldn't be necessary. I'm planning on getting a nightgown and robe set for visitors, but I won't be putting on pants until we leave most likely. And considering that they'll be checking your stitches regularly, I'd think it'd be easier if you didn't have to wrestle with pants each time.

Same here.  I've got a gown/robe and won't put the pants on until it's time to leave.

• I wore pajamas (top and pants) throughout most of my time in the hospital. To be honest, I kept my pants off unless I was up walking around and needed them because I did not want to bleed all over them. There were times when visitors were in the room and I had no pants on...they just didn't know because I was all covered up. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Uh ya, definitely pants.  Something comfy though like yoga or sweatpants.
  • I wore yoga pants the second my foley came out after my section. I'm an OB nurse, and we only assess patients once a shift, which is every 12 hours. It's NBD to have some pull their pants down a bit to check them, but at least here it doesn't happen constantly like some describe.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"