3rd Trimester

Water Break Gag

Is anyone else sick of people eyeing you warily while giving you a huge wide berth, like your water is going to burst all over them or something? It drives me crazy, to the point where I want to rig some sort of water-break gag that I can pull and release all over the floor of the store. It would be SO satisfying. 
IAmPregnant Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Water Break Gag

• imagesnmcfarlin:
    Is anyone else sick of people eyeing you warily while giving you a huge wide berth, like your water is going to burst all over them or something? It drives me crazy, to the point where I want to rig some sort of water-break gag that I can pull and release all over the floor of the store. It would be SO satisfying

This just made my day.  :-D 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That would be a MUCH more welcomed acknowledgement than what I get around here. I get the people that dart around in front of me, bump in to me, cut me off, etc. People just don't care about the pregnant chick. I start walking, a person comes and cuts me off, I smile and say, "Excuse me, I'm sorry!" like it's my fault, and they just glare at me and walk by. It's ridiculous. Maybe you don't need to give me a special acknowledgement, but treating me like a human being would be nice once in a while. 

lol. Sorry. I know you meant for a more light-hearted rant. :p  

EDD#1 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    EDD#2 2.20.16 I love you already! <3

BabyFruit Ticker
    FEB16 Siggy Challenge Fave TV mom
  • Loading the player...
  • imageRissKay:

That would be a MUCH more welcomed acknowledgement than what I get around here. I get the people that dart around in front of me, bump in to me, cut me off, etc. People just don't care about the pregnant chick. I start walking, a person comes and cuts me off, I smile and say, "Excuse me, I'm sorry!" like it's my fault, and they just glare at me and walk by. It's ridiculous. Maybe you don't need to give me a special acknowledgement, but treating me like a human being would be nice once in a while. 

lol. Sorry. I know you meant for a more light-hearted rant. :p  

Oh I agree. Some people are insanely ridiculous! With my first, I was due any day and I was crossing the street in a parking lot. I was not even going that slow and some old lady actually honked at me to walk faster. Yes, I was even in a crosswalk. My friend was about ready to go over to the car and actually hit her hood.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Dude I'm only 33 weeks and people have been eyeing me like that for weeks now. A man at the pharmacy actually turned around to me in line and said "WOW, you look like you're ready to go any minute!" Thanks ahole, I actually have a couple months left! And my dad, god love him, says every week, "I dont' see how you can GET any bigger, I don't think you're gonna make it!" Like I'll just spontaneously go into labor bc I'm too big.
    However if you do the water breaking gag, please make sure to report to all of us mkay? ;)

And riss...I feel your pain. No matter where I am these days, it seems like everyone is all annoyed that I'm big and taking up space. I'm at the point where I just loudly say something like "OH I'm SO Sorry, I know I'm HUUUUGE right now, taking up SO much room" and they just glare or give me that terse little smile. 

I have to keep saying to myself it's not permanent, don't flip out on anyone. 

Oh Boy! On our way to 3! Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • This one lady at work mentions every day about my water breaking.  Don't do this or that, your water will break.  I want to break her face.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"