April 2013 Moms

No big deal . . .

But I shot a birth today! I was able to make it! I received a phone call this morning at 5:00am and hurried down to the hospital. The mama is a friend of mine who was attempting hypnobirth at 42w. She was able to fight off an induction until 2 weeks overdue, until the ultrasound at 41w6d revealed low fluids for her LO.

Thankfully the morning of her scheduled induction she was admitted already in early labor. She was admitted at around 10:00am, but didn't progress past 1 1/2 until around 12:00am this morning. She ultimately avoided pitocin all together and when I was called at 5:00am she was at a 6. 

My friends, she was the absolute picture of tranquility and didn't make a noise until she was complete. Her doula and I were shocked she went through transition so quietly and that the nurse just matter of factly said, "Whenever you're ready, you can push."

She listened to her body and pushing did take awhile, but slow pushing allows your body to prep and the baby to prep.

They didn't find out the sex, but at 8:36am they welcomed their first baby, a boy . . . who is still unnamed!

I don't want to post an image, as I didn't ask her permission for TB, but you can find them on my facebook page. Simply: LeahFontainePhotography following facebook.com.

Isaac Levi 4/26/09 : BFP#2 - MC 9w : Ezra John 6/26/11 : Miriam Joy 4/12/13 : Naomi Ann 9/2/14

Re: No big deal . . .

• Wow! Awesome! Can't wait to see your pics!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Amazing! Hypnobirthing rocks! Congrats to your friend and her family! I know that includes you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers BFP#2 May 29/12 EDD Feb 3/13 M/C June 9/12 @ 6 weeks BFP#3 August 12/12 (It rained all day and then at dinner we saw a rainbow... and had a BFP just before bed!) EDD April 21/12
  • Loading the player...
  • How awesome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
    We can't wait to meet our Blake Katherine!!
  • I saw that on FB. How awesome that you were able to make it!! The pictures were amazing!! How did she avoid pitocin completely? That's awesome! and how long did she have to push for?
    Mommy to
    Tyler (10/29/08)
    and Lily (4/21/13)

• imagerayofsunshine99:
    I saw that on FB. How awesome that you were able to make it!! The pictures were amazing!! How did she avoid pitocin completely? That's awesome! and how long did she have to push for?

Thank you ROS! Births are my absolute favorite. About the pitocin, I seriously have no clue. She's an RN, so I'm not sure if she just knew how to speak the language and advocate super well for herself or what, but she only had a cervical ripening medication applied. She pushed for a little over an hour, which really isn't that long, but this was my first birth of a FTM, so I've been blessed to have short deliveries.

Isaac Levi 4/26/09 : BFP#2 - MC 9w : Ezra John 6/26/11 : Miriam Joy 4/12/13 : Naomi Ann 9/2/14

• Your photography is beautiful. Next time we're up in the cities visiting family I might just have to look you up. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"