Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Babywise 3-5 week Nighttime Feeding Merge

My LO will be 3 weeks adjusted next week (preemie who is 2 months old) and I'm wondering how the 3-5 week feeding merge works for those who do Babywise.  Does it slowly happen or just happen? Do you change anything yourself or does the baby do it on their own? Just curious about other peoples experience. Currently we try to feed him between 10-11 but sometimes he cant make it so we may end up feeding him around 9:30 and it messes the whole night up... he gets up close to 1am and then 4am and up around 6:30 but I try to hold off til 7 if I can.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Babywise 3-5 week Nighttime Feeding Merge

• At 3 weeks old, your baby should be fed on demand.
  • imagemabenner1:
    At 3 weeks old, your baby should be fed on demand.

This exactly.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Obviously. I want to know how the feeding merge went for those who have done it. Do night feedings just disappear one night or gradually?
  • imagecolemangal85:
    Obviously. I want to know how the feeding merge went for those who have done it. Do night feedings just disappear one night or gradually?

Well, I didn't do babywise because the authors original plan lead to ftt and weight loss. That said, Ds dropped night feedings and started sttn on his own at 6 months.
  • Failure to thrive. Please just follow your instincts and don't worry about scheduling and rigidity. Love your baby, feed on demand, and enjoy the newborn stage.
  • I haven't read baby wise but I'm fairly certain you should still be feeding on demand. DD nursed at night until she was a year I could have cut it sooner but she wanted it. I didn't see a gradual drop until closer to 7 months. I would think a premie should be fed as often as she needs for quite some time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Stop looking at the clock, get your nose out of the damn book and feed your kid whenever he wants it. Babies don't give a flying f*ck about your damn babywise schedule. What you are doing could actually be harmful to your LO. 
  • I think the OP wanted to know more when baby would naturally have one less feeding at night. Our 5 1/2-week old is on a similar schedule to the OP and I'm wondering the same - when will she sleep longer at night? We don't let her go more than 3 hours during the day (otherwise, we do feed on demand), but she also doesn't seem to go more than 3 hours on her own at night :) I just worry about my ability to function if we're still on this same nighttime feeding frequency when I have to return to work on Dec. 3.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"