November 2012 Moms

Anyone else bored and waiting, waiting, waiting?

Now that I'm "overdue" I can NOT get off of these boards. Maybe it's because my maternity leave started at 39.5 weeks, DH is working, and I'm BORED OUT OF MY MIND. I find myself constantly checking the board and finding places to give me 2 cents and try to connect with other November moms.  

I've only been off of work for a week and I'm already going nuts. Maybe it's because I've always worked and I'm used to keeping busy? There's only so many times I can walk my dog and so many things I can clean. It's making waiting for LO so much harder since I'm not as distracted anymore!

DH and I went out to dinner last night to try to distract ourselves. We literally stared into space the entire time mumbling "I wonder when she is going to come" or "I'm getting so anxious waiting for her" every few minutes. (I even caught him googling 'castor oil' on his iphone while we were waiting for the check- something I told him I wouldn't do! lol)

The worst part is that we got our hopes up after hearing at each internal how dilated and effaced I am and yadda yadda yadda. Last time they checked I was 3cm and 80% with baby at 0 station. The midwife we saw (my regular MW was out sick) said "She could come any day now!". I wanted to punch her. Don't get our hopes up again. They have been up for weeks. 

Also, I would like to point out that I knew 5 other ladies who were due in November - 4 of which were due after me. All have had their babies. *sigh* 

Maybe I'll spend some time finally trying to make a cute siggy on here. Gotta pass the time somehow!

Anyone else overdue and playing the waiting game? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone else bored and waiting, waiting, waiting?

• I am not still pregnant, but I do still think the board is way slow.

Even having my outside baby, I still get bored and wish there was more action on here.

I do feel bad for the two of you, being past your due dates. Urrrgh.

• Thanks, ladies. It's good to know that other people are bored too ;)

I've ventured off to other boards to peek around and keep me occupied. Maybe my dog will be lucky and get a second walk today?

And good luck to you as well, laece! Healthy babies to us both ASAP! 

• Loading the player...
  • I'm still here..  40 weeks 3 days.  It doesn't help that I had convinced myself that I'd go early!  As of Thursday, I have made zero progress and his head isn't as low as they'd like..... so we're probably going to be scheduling a C section (he's too big, my pelvis is too small) this week, but we're not going to the dr to make schedule it until Tuesday!  I am just so so bored waiting.... 
  • I just started my maternity leave, 38 weeks Tuesday. But I'm scheduled for c section on 20th.........already trying to keep busy and then relax.......DH wants me to relax more than get ready for baby boy but this house needs cleaning and I just can only do so much at this point......did I mention my busy DD toddler helps a bit in the " keep busy" department...lol!!!! I'm watching the clock tick tock as well here
  • The board has been very slow the last week or so with all the new babies :) i cant wait to hold my lil man in my arms too!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers       AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I'm only 37 weeks but they are considering inducing this week because they are concerned about my blood sugar levels.  Otherwise they are inducing on 11/21.

I'm still going crazy with boredom.  I'm trying to stay busy but I just want to be done with pregnancy and meet my little guy.  

~ Single Mother by Choice ~ IUI with donor sperm - BFP on 2nd attempt! BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm desperately trying to be patient, but after finding out that I'm officially "on the clock", it's only made it harder.  I've had loads of prodromal labor and don't even get excited by contractions anymore.  I just need this baby to come out before Friday.

• I'm also getting discouraged seeing women due after me (especially on the Dec. boards!!) that have already had their babies, while I'm waddling around like an obese penguin.

To make me feel worse, last week at my OB appointment she gave me my L&D papers "just in case" and so naturally I looked and read what information it had on it. Apparently, baby boy has been measuring 3 weeks ahead of his gestational age since August...but she absolutely will not induce me until I am 41 weeks.

Needless to say I've been pouting like a bratty toddler ever since.

V|V TSP V|V
  • I'm not overdue yet but I have started to feel like that! I feel like I have run out of internet at times : I have hit refresh to find that nothing new has been posted. I need more random funny / entertaining sites. I have basically been ODing on Law Order and House marathons.
  • Thanks! I'm definitely trying. I know we have a handful of overdue mommas here too, so I shouldn't complain too much.
    V|V TSP V|V
  • Makes me feel better to read everyone's posts! I only have today and tomorrow left if I want to come by my EDD, but it's not looking promising! I think I'm going to go crazy with anticipation- it's the not knowing that's absolutely maddening! Glad we're in it together, though- good luck to all!!! 

P.S. I tried ten different home induction methods yesterday. TEN!!! Groan.

IAmPregnant Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageMommyLuvsMe1210:

I'm also getting discouraged seeing women due after me (especially on the Dec. boards!!) that have already had their babies, while I'm waddling around like an obese penguin.

To make me feel worse, last week at my OB appointment she gave me my L&D papers "just in case" and so naturally I looked and read what information it had on it. Apparently, baby boy has been measuring 3 weeks ahead of his gestational age since August...but she absolutely will not induce me until I am 41 weeks.

Needless to say I've been pouting like a bratty toddler ever since.

We should switch doctors.  Mine won't let me go past 40 weeks because I have a "gigantic baby" (8lbs 3oz at 35+6).  We had already discussed this in the beginning and I told her I was willing to go 42 weeks and she said no problem.  I'm angry that she's no longer sticking to that plan.

• I am not overdue, but my doctor told me Wednesday that he thought baby boy will be here within a week.  I honestly wish he would have never said that because it only got my hopes up and is making me more anxious.  I am still working, and have been keeping busy with DS, but I just want this baby here now!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So bored and tired of waiting and I'm not even overdue.  I don't know how you gals do it.  Props to you.

I know that dialation and effacement doesn't always guarantee you will deliver early.  At 36 weeks, I was 3 cm and 50% effaced.  Doc was saying that he's already in position and it should be a fast delivery.  After the appt, I had pressure and weird/random pains in the area.  Last week, I was 3-4 cm and 80% effaced.  A different Doc who examined me said she was surprised to see me there with how dilated/effaced I was, then made the comment, "See you next week if you make it till then."  Really?!?!  I'm already anxious for him to make his appearance and you make that comment. 

My neighbor made the comment yesterday, I'll bet you go tonight.  At 2 am, your water will break.  Well... nothing.  Still here.

A family friend who's worked as a nurse for 30+ years always makes the comment "you'll go early".

I know I have two weeks left and mother nature will do it's thing, but I'm so checked out of work and mentally over this pregnancy.  I'm ready to meet my little man.  I walk all the time (I'm a PE teacher so I'm on my feet all day).  I'm tempted to start the natural ways to induce. 

And LO has changed his position a bit.  Rather than being L shaped, he's pretty much straight up, feet in rib cage and head down.  He's also putting so much pressure on my bladder and pelvis that it's hurting to walk.

Sorry, my reply has turned into a bit of a vent.  But yes, I am bored and check these boards about 10 times a day now.  Tired of waiting!!!

• Technically I'm not past due but due today! Still hoping something will happen soon.  GL to everyone still waiting
    1st BFP 10/11/11. MMC 9wks 3days.Measuring 6wks 1day D&C 11/15/11 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers "http://lilypie.com/">Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thank you EVERYONE for the replies! It helped a lot to hear from other people. Especially others who also find themselves waddling like an "obese penguin" - perfect way to explain it :)

And it seems to be a common complaint that this board has become pretty slow. Be careful what you wish for - I might start overloading it out of pure boredom (just kidding...kinda.) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"