November 2012 Moms

GOOD labor stories

So the post about epis got me thinking about how much it pisses me off that people constantly tell women who are 8 months pregnant their horror stories about LD.

So in response, I think those of us who have already had our babies or are STM's should share our GOOD stories...if they were good that is.

Personally, my DD's birth was amazing! My water broke at 5 am and she arrived at 10:23 am. I progressed so quickly that I didn't get an epidural. When they asked if I wanted it I was already at an 8 or 9 so I decided not too. I did NOT plan on a medfree birth...Things just went so good that I decided to at that time! Contractions hurt, but weren 't unbearable. I walked through them until I asked to be checked and was at an 8 or 9.
Pushing hurt...2 pushes hurt bad enough that I involuntarily screamed but as soon as DD came out the pain was entirely gone. I pushed for 7 minutes.

Anyone else have a good story to share?!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: GOOD labor stories

• I'm working on writing mine now and will share later. I had a wonderful birth experience. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
  • I posted my birth story, but I'm a FTM and I had a very good, easy labor.
    I had contractions all day Friday, but I could work through them all fine: I shopped til about 6pm, showered, did my makeup, ate dinner at 10:30... Then left for the hospital around 11:30. The hospital didn't admit me/consider me in active labor until 2:30am. I had Cu at 4:26am. No epidural/pain meds.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I just posted mine here. Here's the short version:

Kalista Ivy Pearl W. was born on 11/8 at 2:45am after 8 minutes of pushing. She was 7lbs12oz and 20" long. She was born "in the caul", which is considered a special blessing and a sign of luck. My labor was 15 hours from first contraction to baby, with 4 hours of that being active labor, and I did it med-free just like I wanted to. 

• imagekarkissy09:
    So the post about epis got me thinking about how much it pisses me off that people constantly tell women who are 8 months pregnant their horror stories about LD. So in response, I think those of us who have already had our babies or are STM's should share our GOOD stories...if they were good that is. Personally, my DD's birth was amazing! My water broke at 5 am and she arrived at 10:23 am. I progressed so quickly that I didn't get an epidural. When they asked if I wanted it I was already at an 8 or 9 so I decided not too. I did NOT plan on a medfree birth...Things just went so good that I decided to at that time! Contractions hurt, but weren 't unbearable. I walked through them until I asked to be checked and was at an 8 or 9. Pushing hurt...2 pushes hurt bad enough that I involuntarily screamed but as soon as DD came out the pain was entirely gone. I pushed for 7 minutes. Anyone else have a good story to share?!

As the freaked out epi poster, I love this! Thank you for the positive words.

imageimage imageimage
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have a good induction story!

With DS1 I went in at 8 pm and was given 3 rounds of Cytotec during the night.  At 8 am my water was broken and the Pitocin was started.  I labored through until about 3:45 then I started pushing.  Pushing felt amazing and was such a relief (I did not get an epi).  Auden was here after 45 minutes of pushing and then my life began!   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had an emergency c-section but even that managed to go well. The spinal didn't hurt at all and kicked in really quick. I didn't even feel a lot of pressure when they got him out. My recovery has been really easy. I was up and walking about 10 hours after and foley was out after 4 hours. Only took Toradol twice the day of my section and Motrin once the next day. I was sore but no horrible pain like I expected. Getting up and down was a little difficult for the first few days. I was driving a week post (yes I'm that person). My incision looks great. 

I had not planned for a c-section at all and I was kind of against one as my goal was a med free birth. Baby boy had other plans though. He was in the NICU but I have been able to breast feed him from very early on and he never had to have formula. Just wanted to give encouragement to other moms who might have things go different that they planned or have a baby that doesn't get to come home right away. 

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • That's a wonderful positive story! Thank you so much!! :)
    IAmPregnant Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  •  I haven't read the epi thing, or much here since  I had Andrew but here's a little of my story / info. **

I think mine went very well. For a FTM I didn't know what to expect but it wasn't to bad. I DID get the epi. That was my scariest part really, I was having contractions major and was very ready despite being a little afraid.  They numb your back before they do anything but you do still feel a lil slip pop feeling with it going in. Not really painful, just odd feeling. They had to do it twice on me because the first one missed or something. They will tell you side affects of it though and ask if u still want it. He tried to wait until I wasn't in a contraction but they don't stop for you when u want them too!! Lol. 

With it, I still felt baby pressure and my water leaking out, baby coming out and stitches where I tore. Just numbed way down. To me it was totally worth it.  

My water was broken at 10am and I had my lil man at 2:09 on Nov 7. He weighed 7lbs exactly, 19 1/2 inches long, and his head was 14 1/2 cms which tore me some, but after his head was out he came out quickly!  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Thanks for posting these!
    1st BFP 10/11/11. MMC 9wks 3days.Measuring 6wks 1day D&C 11/15/11 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers "http://lilypie.com/">Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Both of my experiences were good ones and were very quick but not so quick that we were rushing. Each time contractions were bad enough that I knew to get to the hospital but not unbearable. I was able to get an epi each time and pushed maybe 15 minutes throughout which I talked to my dh and Dr. I was really able to enjoy it all.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I wanna know where I sign up for YOUR labor plan! :)
    And i'm shaken then i'm still. When your eyes meet mine, i lose simple skills. Like to tell you all i want is now. Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"