3rd Trimester

Embarrassing Q re: trimming nether regions

Sooo. I'm usually pretty good about keeping things neat and trimmed down there. Lately though, I've let things go b/c I can't really see with my big belly in the way. I've tried using a mirror and honestly it doesn't help.

That and I've heard that if you nick yourself it can actually lead to infection which is the last thing I want/need at this late stage.

So ladies, what are you doing to clean things up? Or are you doing anything? I'll appreciate any tips! 

Re: Embarrassing Q re: trimming nether regions

• Same situation Shema...instead of looking "hairy-scary" I opted for the Brazilian wax.
  • I'm embarrassed to say I'm afraid of the pain associated with Brazilian wax! That and I wonder if the pain that comes with it could trigger labor? Maybe it won't. Random thought I guess.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have that Schick TrimStyle, i still use it even though I can't see down there and it keeps everything looking pretty neat... and I you can't nick yourself with it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I can't see anything when I'm standing up, so I shave while in the bath. Much easier.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This is what I use, it has a guard on it so you cant nick yourself. I cant see anything I just go by feel. GL

2weeks_zps47aaf230 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Just got a bikini wax this week, getting mentally ready for "the full monty" a week before my EDD. Shaving just wasn't working for me anymore.
    image pregnancy calendar Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I go buy feel with the intuition one that has all the moisturizer around the blades. I also just run it over the area every day or every other day so that I am not battleing mother nature down there. 
  • Veet or Nair.  The Veet works better for me.  But it's been years since I used Nair.  
  • I'm shaving by feel, also. I would love to try a brazilian, but am worried about all the pulling on my lady bits that would occur, as everything is already so loose and floppy down there these days! A torn labia just does not sound appealing right before delivery . . . haha! Hope the doctors and nurses don't mind a slight stubble; they'll have to get over it!
    IAmPregnant Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Nair makes a sensitive bikini formula that works pretty well down there and doesn't burn. Maybe check that out if the waxing sounds too painful! GL
    Missed M/C 11/11/11
    BFP: 3/15/12 EDD: 11/25/12 DOB: 11/12/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I use a razor with an electric trimmer on one end. I just do it by feel and keep the hair trimmed really short. It works really well and I've never nicked myself with it. I got it at Target for less than $15.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagegrace1404:
    I have that Schick TrimStyle, i still use it even though I can't see down there and it keeps everything looking pretty neat... and I you can't nick yourself with it. 

I have this as well :) 

• HAhaha! I was havIng a hard time too and asked my FI do help me out! It was a little embarrassing but totally worth it!
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've given up and gone native. It's just the way it is. 
    Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"