3rd Trimester

0% Effaced

Today I went to my 39 week appt (my due date is Nov 12). I was told my baby was 0% effaced. I was given a list of exercises to do to get my baby to turn. I'm a FTM. Should I be worried?

Re: 0% Effaced

• imageGhostMonkey:

Turn as in baby is breech or turn as in baby just isn't in an optimal position?

Turned as in the baby is not in an optimal position. She is nowhere near being 100% effaced. 

• I'm confused I think.  Your baby doesn't become effaced, your cervix does.  Effacement is how thin your cervix is.  If baby isn't low enough or in position to put pressure on your cervix, its hard for you cervix to thin out.  But effacement can happen quickly once in labor.  I don't hink you have reason to worry.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Father's Day at the beach 2014 Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • No, you should not necessarily be worried.  I think your doctor is right that baby is probably not in optimal positioning, but there's still plenty of time and even if you don't help it along chances are it will happen on its own.  I would do the exercises provided and do some research to find out if there's anything additional that your doctor hasn't already recommended.  Also a chiropractic adjustment could be a big help if you're interested in that.  Good luck!
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Maybe I should clarify. My baby is not breech. Her head is facing downward, but her face is facing the front of my body.  According to my midwife, she needs to be facing the rear before I give birth. Of course I wouldn?t be worried if it was three weeks ago; however, I am a little worried now that I am three days away.   

• imagejbutterfly82:

Maybe I should clarify. My baby is not breech. Her head is facing downward, but her face is facing the front of my body.  According to my midwife, she needs to be facing the rear before I give birth. Of course I wouldn?t be worried if it was three weeks ago; however, I am a little worried now that I am three days away.   

Oh yeah, definitely not a huge deal.  Baby rotating from posterior to anterior is definitely not as big a deal as being breech (for obvious reasons).  It's definitely beneficial to try to get baby to turn though so I'd definitely do what's been recommended.  GL!

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Out of curiosity, what are the exercises? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemrstorrestobe:
    I'm confused I think.nbsp; Your baby doesn't become effaced, your cervix does.nbsp; Effacement is how thin your cervix is.nbsp; If baby isn't low enough or in position to put pressure on your cervix, its hard for you cervix to thin out.nbsp; But effacement can happen quickly once in labor.nbsp; I don't hink you have reason to worry.

This!
  • imagemrstorrestobe:
    I'm confused I think.nbsp; Your baby doesn't become effaced, your cervix does.nbsp; Effacement is how thin your cervix is.nbsp; If baby isn't low enough or in position to put pressure on your cervix, its hard for you cervix to thin out.nbsp; But effacement can happen quickly once in labor.nbsp; I don't hink you have reason to worry.

This.
    Baby turning around at this point is a good likelihood, especially if you do the exercises. Good luck!
    EDD#1 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    EDD#2 2.20.16 I love you already! <3

BabyFruit Ticker
    FEB16 Siggy Challenge Fave TV mom
  • I agree with the above statement about effacement. You have the term confused. Effacement is your cervix not the baby.

My baby was turned the wrong way (posterior/sunny side up) right up until 5 hours before I gave birth. I was 41 weeks 2 days at that point.

They had me lay on my belly, mostly on my belly. They called it "belly to bed" and it helped her turn before she pushed out. Listen to the nurses, do the exercises, you still have lots of time. They can even help her turn while in labor. 

Effacement with your cervix can happen really quickly and I wouldn't be worried about that at all.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"