3rd Trimester

Bored as hell at home on leave

I was taken out of work on maternity leave this week. I thought I would be ok with it since my doctor considered me full term at 37 weeks, and really wanted me to relax and not stress with work. I have been fine, and problem free my whole pregnancy and really thought it would eb nice to have some time before little one gets here. But, I am kinda going nuts. I watched 2 movies this week, and am so tired and huge I don't feel like doing anything I thought I would while I was off. Everyhting for the most part is ready for the baby, so I guess I am just super bored. Guess I just needed to vent. Thanks

Re: Bored as hell at home on leave

• Oh, please watch tons of movies, eat your favorite foods, sleep or lay around.  If not for yourself, do it for me!  Like when you tell someone to have a drink for you... I am 37 weeks tomorrow, still working full time (up until I have the baby or a medical reason not to because we are so busy at work), I have two young children at home, an aging dog who waits until DH leaves for work to need a walk and a sweet, but helpless DH who for some reason aggravates the crap out of me right now.  I wish I could be on leave and have no one to take care of for even like maybe just 4 hours!  haha

Baby will be here before you know it, and although its hard to sleep or rest when you are big, anxious, etc.  Believe me, you will miss this free time once baby gets here and life returns to busy.  =)

• I"m with you, I was put on bed rest on Monday. Thankfully it is modified - basically my doctor didn't like my 2 hour each way commute given the inclement weather and the need for a lot of walking and trains. So I am home but can still move around a decent bit. I am trying to enjoy my free time before LO comes and relax but I am getting bored!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh, man, I'll so trade places with you!  No, I do know that sometimes time of work sounds better than it is in reality.  I hope you are able to relax a little and enjoy this time before baby comes...at least catch up on your sleep?  Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'd probably spend that time about town. Go to the mall, museums, out to lunch with friends, just enjoy being out. You will be hanging out at home a lot when the baby comes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Have any books you been meaning to read? 

I have one day left til my leave.  I am sooo excited.  I get to sleep in.  I get to lay on my ass in bed all day for TWO ENTIRE WEEKS before all hell breaks loose.  I plan on doing NOTHING.  If i get bored I will knit and play a video game.  so excited..

• I feel your pain. I've been on maternity leave for a week (baby due Nov 12) and I'm bored out of my mind. I've cleaned the house and ran errands and I now have nothing to do. I've been trying to stay busy, but there is only so much to do. Good luck on your delivery!
  • I feel you! I had to stop working 3 weeks earlier than I had planned due to insane back pain.  I am on my feet all day at work and literally could barely walk.  I thought I would have all this time to get stuff done but between back hurting, being exhausted, or just feeling plain lazy not everything is getting done. My DH is being great telling me not to worry about getting the chores done but the nesting vibe is kicking in and making it hard to sit still.  The only thing keeping me going is that I know the end is in sight! My Dr. keeps reminding the last 4 weeks are the hardest.  We can do this! :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagexxaliciaxx:
    I was taken out of work on maternity leave this week. I thought I would be ok with it since my doctor considered me full term at 37 weeks, and really wanted me to relax and not stress with work. I have been fine, and problem free my whole pregnancy and really thought it would eb nice to have some time before little one gets here. But, I am kinda going nuts. I watched 2 movies this week, and am so tired and huge I don't feel like doing anything I thought I would while I was off. Everyhting for the most part is ready for the baby, so I guess I am just super bored. Guess I just needed to vent. Thanks

Do you have any books that you wanted to read but couldn't do to work? How about a little art project? Or do a little writing? I'm sure you're probably very tired but maybe doing something else would help take your mind off the boredom. GL!

• This is exactly why I refuse to stop working until I go into labor.  Granted, I work from home so it's not a huge deal, no commute, no sitting at a desk for 9 hours, etc.  But I have had to step back a bit from my normal duties, so that boredom is starting to creep in.  I try to take a lot of walks, clean random things (the pets got washed, furminated, and nails clipped yesterday!), knit, and of course lurk on the boards here ;-)
  • I start leave today but have a 2 year old to run after.  Enjoy your time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"