3rd Trimester

Mean but...

I kind of get a kick out of lurking on the first tri board. I love reading post about people being sick multiple times a day, and seeing tickers that say "baby is now the size of a raspberry- you have 280 days to go" It makes me feel better, like "Haha, Bitches, I haven't thrown up in 5 months and I only have 43 days of this left - sucks to be you". I know its mean and all, but I can't help it, and I know I cant be the only one. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Mean but...

• I like the "I just ate dinner and I am 8 weeks pregnant but check out my baby bump!!!!!!!!!" posts.

It's like.. No. That is a Cheeseburger and Apple Pie bump.  

• I sure don't wish MS on anyone, so Im obviously happy I don't have to deal with that anymore, but it doesn't "make me feel better". Not sure why it would....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageRockyTopVols:

I like the "I just ate dinner and I am 8 weeks pregnant but check out my baby bump!!!!!!!!!" posts.

Posts like this make me wish we had a "like" button. 

• I think it's so funny how vastly different the topics are too from 1-2-3 tri boards. 1st tri is all about telling your family, MS, etc. Then, I just started coming over here a day or two ago and you guys are all talking about contractions and early labor.. I feel too "young" for this board and too "old" for the 2nd tri board.. haha
  • Teeheehee

• I threw up three times yesterday and once so far today.  Glad I could help you feel better.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• I have had MS the whole time!! But I am only four days from my due date so thats something.
  • imageRockyTopVols:

I like the "I just ate dinner and I am 8 weeks pregnant but check out my baby bump!!!!!!!!!" posts.

This is all I am taking from this post, haha. I want to eat ALL THE THINGS!

A woman's life is nine parts mess to one part magic, you'll learn that soon enough...and the parts that look like magic turn out to be the messiest of all.
  • imagelandosmommy:
    I sure don't wish MS on anyone, so Im obviously happy I don't have to deal with that anymore, but it doesn't "make me feel better". Not sure why it would....

I am on first tri, almost second. I lurk almost everywhere. I agree with this. Someone else's sickness, anxiety and discomfort don't make me feel any better and I really don't see why someone else feeling awful would make anyone feel good.

I already have two kids (teenagers) and to be honest reading what some people write about here (or on the baby boards,,ex0-3 months) might seem silly to those of us who have had kids but it doesn't make me feel good if someone else is uncomfrotable or nervous.

EDIT I understand being happy you aren't in a worse position, I just don't understand being happy that someone else is in a bad position.

• I feel the same way - it makes me feel better, I know I'm a bad person.  But I'd bed the 2nd trimesters come here and think to themselves "oh those bitter 3rd trimesters always complaining about back pain and heart burn, I bet its not that bad"

So I guess it's even - or at least that makes me feel better!

• imageMarliese:
    I feel the same way it makes me feel better, I know I'm a bad person.nbsp; But I'd bed the 2nd trimesters come here and think to themselves "oh those bitter 3rd trimesters always complaining about back pain and heart burn, I bet its not that bad"
    nbsp;So I guess it's even or at least that makes me feel better!
    nbsp;

Actually as a second trimester person, I'm usually thinking crap on already uncomfortable, can't sleep and pee all the time. I hope it's not as bad as it sounds

• imageRose120:
    I think it's so funny how vastly different the topics are too from 1-2-3 tri boards. 1st tri is all about telling your family, MS, etc. Then, I just started coming over here a day or two ago and you guys are all talking about contractions and early labor.. I feel too "young" for this board and too "old" for the 2nd tri board.. haha

LOL This is exactly how I feel.

D14 December siggy Free for all

DD born 12/07/04  
    DS1 born 11/07/06
    Angel baby Addy 12/03/11 due to MTHFR
    DS2 born 01/29/13
    DS3 due 12/26/14                                                                                               
  • Way to start a trimester war. Lol

I still have MS. I think what I find most funny are the "look at baby!" "Bump" pictures when they are, as y'all said, cheeseburgers and apple pie. ; Or the, "I think I felt baby move!" At 9 weeks.

Cray cray no you did not.

Also, as far as the MS goes, I don't find it "funny" as in "haha look at you bishes" but more in the "you have morning sickness and that's it? Oh if you only knew what was coming or could be coming!" Way. I have ms, contractions, sore ribs, lower back problems, no energy, and feel like I have the flu. And a tiny human really is kicking every part of my insides.
    EDD#1 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    EDD#2 2.20.16 I love you already! <3

BabyFruit Ticker
    FEB16 Siggy Challenge Fave TV mom
  • I never had MS but just two weeks ago was throwing up so much I had to be put in the hopsital over night because I was so dehydrated and the babies HR was too high for me to be sent home. I would never wish anyone to feel that way may it be in any trimester.

I myself try so hard not to compaoin because there are so many women out there who can't even get pregnant and are heart broken by it. As my time is ending being pregnant I am very sad because I will miss feeling my lo move and even though I can't breathe without sounding like I ran a marathon and I can't sleep much anymore. I feel very blessed to be given a gift that some women will never recieve.

• imageblush64:

imagelandosmommy:
    I sure don't wish MS on anyone, so Im obviously happy I don't have to deal with that anymore, but it doesn't "make me feel better". Not sure why it would....

I am on first tri, almost second. I lurk almost everywhere. I agree with this. Someone else's sickness, anxiety and discomfort don't make me feel any better and I really don't see why someone else feeling awful would make anyone feel good.

I already have two kids (teenagers) and to be honest reading what some people write about here (or on the baby boards,,ex0-3 months) might seem silly to those of us who have had kids but it doesn't make me feel good if someone else is uncomfrotable or nervous.

EDIT I understand being happy you aren't in a worse position, I just don't understand being happy that someone else is in a bad position.

It's not being happy that any particular person is in a bad position, its just feels good to know that I'm not there anymore, that I am so close, and knowing that other people are going through it just makes me feel better/not alone/so glad I am not in my first tri. Have you really never seen little kids in a store or on tv throwing a temper tantrum and look at your teenagers and be like "thank god that phase is over"? Your not wishing it on them, you just like knowing you survived it. 

• imageRose120:
    I think it's so funny how vastly different the topics are too from 1-2-3 tri boards. 1st tri is all about telling your family, MS, etc. Then, I just started coming over here a day or two ago and you guys are all talking about contractions and early labor.. I feel too "young" for this board and too "old" for the 2nd tri board.. haha

I was thinking the same thing the other day!

• imageCartersComing1212:
    imageblush64:

imagelandosmommy:

It's not being happy that any particular person is in a bad position, its just feels good to know that I'm not there anymore, that I am so close, and knowing that other people are going through it just makes me feel better/not alone/so glad I am not in my first tri. Have you really never seen little kids in a store or on tv throwing a temper tantrum and look at your teenagers and be like "thank god that phase is over"? Your not wishing it on them, you just like knowing you survived it. 

I see. It was just the wording. That I do understand. Although I was a weird one who really missed that young age. (even the trouble with it)

In that case, I get it.

EDIT

• imageRissKay:
    Way to start a trimester war. Lol I still have MS. I think what I find most funny are the "look at baby!" "Bump" pictures when they are, as y'all said, cheeseburgers and apple pie. ; Or the, "I think I felt baby move!" At 9 weeks. Cray cray no you did not. Also, as far as the MS goes, I don't find it "funny" as in "haha look at you bishes" but more in the "you have morning sickness and that's it? Oh if you only knew what was coming or could be coming!" Way. I have ms, contractions, sore ribs, lower back problems, no energy, and feel like I have the flu. And a tiny human really is kicking every part of my insides.

I love starting trouble. People get soooo worked up and its hilarious! I was so mad when I missed all the HeyJamie drama on the December board this weekend. This whole forum is just so entertaining. I'm sorry you still have MS that sucks- but only a few more weeks!!! 

And yes I think its funny when the first tri ladies swear to God they felt hiccups at 6 weeks - No hunnie, you have gas. Sorry to burst your bubble.  

imageblush64:

imagelandosmommy:

I agree.  I definitely wouldn't wish the crap I went through during my first and second trimesters on anyone.  I don't lurk much on those boards because they annoy the ever loving hell out of me, but when I do I'm just so grateful to be past that stage.  I feel awful many, if not most, days now, but with my due date a month from tomorrow at least the end is in sight!

DD 12/20/99, DS 12/14/12, M/C 9/2014, M/C 1/2015

• I am just lurking because I will be on this board soon. Yipee.

For my first I was so "well this was way to easy", 2 weeks of morning sickness, only horrible back pain and heartburn. When I read about people's symptoms and such I felt like I was missing out. This time I have HG that still has not subsided, the horrible back pain, the intense heartburn, have to take care of my first who is over 2 years old. When I look at posts from all the Tri boards, I think, hmmm.... I know most of the symptoms they are describing, I can give them a little insight if they want....And then I think, I am still puking multiple times a day, back pain is non-stop and it kills me. Sleeping, don't do that. I like seeing that other people are experiencing it....

But I must admit, even for my first I was not posting pics of a bump that was not out there enough to notice. If someone couldn't really see that there was a bump, I wasn't going to draw more attention to myself.... So seeing all of those pics and such are hillarious!! HEHe!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
    I kind of get a kick out of lurking on the first tri board. I love reading post about people being sick multiple times a day, and seeing tickers that say "baby is now the size of a raspberry- you have 280 days to go" It makes me feel better, like "Haha, Bitches, I haven't thrown up in 5 months and I only have 43 days of this left - sucks to be you". I know its mean and all, but I can't help it, and I know I cant be the only one. 

Well, you sure did hit the nail on the head with your choice of subject titles. I don't find humor in other people feeling ill even if it's minor ms. And maybe I'm crazy but I'm pretty sure I was excited even when my baby was the size of a grain of rice. God forbid someone is happy and excited about the progress of there baby as well.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • OMG!  People are so sensative!  Waaaa waaaa waaaa. 

She was just expressing how happy she is to be out of the horrible parts of pregnancy and almost at the finish line. 

I hear ya OP!  So excited that all that crap is behind me and I get to meet my LO in a month or so! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • There's nothing wrong with expressing that you're happy you're almost done with pregnancy and no longer have certain bad side effects. But the way the op worded things does not express that. Instead it pokes fun at what other women are going through that you at one time probably went through yourselves.That would be like lurking on the 3rd trimester board after you give birth and "getting a kick" out of women being in pain from labor and saying "haha sucks to be you b*itches, I feel ten times better now that I'm 1 month postpartum"
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • The ones that bring out the snark in me are super-dumb posts from the TTC boards (and full disclosure, it took me SEVERAL months to get pregnant each time, so I'm not immune to this type of speculation), that are like:

"omg I had unprotected sex last night and today my boobs hurt--could I be pregnant!!!??????"

And any variation of the "do you think I'm pregnant"--type posts. Pee on a stick for pete's sake!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMom2aBoy:

OMG!  People are so sensative!  Waaaa waaaa waaaa. 

She was just expressing how happy she is to be out of the horrible parts of pregnancy and almost at the finish line. 

I hear ya OP!  So excited that all that crap is behind me and I get to meet my LO in a month or so! 

This is why I love my December mamas!!!!! xoxo 

• imageMom2aBoy:

OMG!  People are so sensative!  Waaaa waaaa waaaa. 

Read through what some of us actually wrote. We get being happy you aren't dealing with certain symptoms but it was worded in such a way that implied she enjoyed the suffering of those who are still going through things like morning sickness and enjoying the fact their baby is growing. (but still small.) I completely understand being happy about being morning sickness free.

Some of us going through the first trimester have already reached that finish line a couple times before you. I'm lucky that I'm not super hormonal or anything and that I have been here before but some women are doing this for the first time. I try to cut them some slack.

• Last time around I had MS from week 34 to week 38. My DD was born at 38.2 weeks. So, I wouldn't celebrate yet. It was terrible. I'm hoping it doesn't happen this time. Ugh. I dread it.
  • I'm happy I am closer than I was in 1st tri! Seems like I've been pregnant forever.
    imageblush64:

imagelandosmommy:

The bolded above is different from your OP (below), of course anyone & everyone would be glad they were no longer throwing up 5 times a day.

imageCartersComing1212:I kind of get a kick out of lurking on the first tri board. I love reading post about people being sick multiple times a day, and seeing tickers that say "baby is now the size of a raspberry- you have 280 days to go" It makes me feel better, like "Haha, Bitches, I haven't thrown up in 5 months and I only have 43 days of this left - sucks to be you". I know its mean and all, but I can't help it, and I know I cant be the only one.  

But rubbing it in & laughing at them? Give me a break. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelandosmommy:
    imageCartersComing1212:
    imageblush64:

imagelandosmommy:

The bolded above is different from your OP (below), of course anyone & everyone would be glad they were no longer throwing up 5 times a day.

imageCartersComing1212:

But rubbing it in & laughing at them? Give me a break. 

Ok, thanks for your input. :) 

• lol! love it!!!! I need to go lurking to cheer myself up! hahaha!
    IAmPregnant Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageRockyTopVols:

love it 

IAmPregnant Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • FYI, I'm a December Momma, and I think you sound like a douchecanoe. Seriously your OP definitely makes you sound like a bish.
  • Frankly, I don't care how much time they have left versus how much time I have. I just get a kick out of the "Zoinks I forgot to take my prenatal once this week, my baby, who is the size of a pea and is kicking me and hiccuping all night long, is going to be DEFORMED now!!" posts.
  • Okay...and when you're up all night, every night, sleep deprived, crying and pulling your hair out....they can laugh because they have 6 more months of sleep ahead of them before they deal with that.  Enjoy that.
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • i never thought about doing this...it probably would make me feel tons better. it's amazing how far we have come!

Damon & Alaric Icon Pictures, Images and PhotosCute icon Pictures, Images and PhotosDaisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's a good ten, fifteen minutes of chuckles before it gets old. Go for it. 

No, I know how uncomfortable pregnancy is. Duh, I'm there now. They may not have to deal with an infant in six months, but I'll get to sleep on my stomach, not be swollen, and drink alcohol. STILL a win.

• Dude, everyone's different and showing is showing. I was showing at 10 weeks. Was it most definitely bloat, sure. But people could tell I was pregnant. If you're showing, then you're showing.
  • "I like the "I just ate dinner and I am 8 weeks pregnant but check out my baby bump!!!!!!!!!" posts.

It's like.. No. That is a Cheeseburger and Apple Pie bump.  " 

Dude, everyone's different and showing is showing. I was showing at 10 weeks. Was it most definitely bloat, sure. But people could tell I was pregnant. If you're showing, then you're showing.

• imagelittlemac1117:
    imageRockyTopVols:

This is all I am taking from this post, haha. I want to eat ALL THE THINGS!

Lol.  My bump is a bit supplemented tonight by pumpkin pie.  I swear my H needs to stop coming with to the grocery store. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"