Babies on the Brain

Vent (sorry, longer than I thought)

Yeah. I need to vent. My DH ignored me all through his work (which is all the time lately but I really didn't care. I got it. He's tired, hungry and busy) so when he gets home, he's short with me. Only talking to me if it was something about him and his interests, which, again, didn't care as much.

When my DDs therapist left, I tried talking again, and he told me it was the last night of his fu**ing stupid bet/diet thing at his work with his buddies. He is very close to winning from the sounds of it, so he decided today, he'd only eat cliff bars if he felt hungry (yes, not the greatest idea and he usually doesn't do things like this but he is so close to winning, he got a little crazy with it). So needless to say, he is hungry and ornary and told me so. I understood, but even talking to him sent him into a little pus*y-fit, and so I left him alone.

I am on a diet as well, but not doing what he is doing with his buddies, I am doing it for me. I am starving now as well, since I didn't get to eat dinner yet. I made DDs dinner, and it is taking a while for her to eat for some reason. The oven is preheated for a while now, and wanted to get my pizza in quickly, so I wanted DH to feed her for a minute tops, so I asked him to come over for that reason.

He came and sat down, looked at the food and said, "Wait, you're asking me to feed her? Are you?" I just stared and said, "Yes-" before I could finish, he immediately was like, "ugh, I am not. I am on my diet and looking at food is killing me. I am not going to do it." Which, yes, I understood, I am in the same predicament looking at the food as well. Still, I just needed him to do it for a fu**ing minute.

I told him "nevermind. Leave." many times, and he was getting more upset. Finally, it turned into how selfish I was and the least understanding wife in the world, and yeah.... So he left to hide in the bedroom, and I thought it over, and thought maybe I was in the wrong, so I went in there to apologize, and he told me "I had my chance earlier" so he wouldn't accept it. I am so pis*ed off. Am I wrong? I don't know what to do? Thanks for letting me vent. Sorry It's so long.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Vent (sorry, longer than I thought)

• imagefredalina:
    Uh, your husband is being a jerk.

Seriously.  He won't help you with dd because she has food he can't/won't eat?  I'd be pissed to. 

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yes, he's being an ass. 

I'd play out the Snickers commercial.

"Here, eat a Snickers. You turn into a diva when you're hungry." 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Your husband is an incredible asshat.  Refusing to feed his child because "he doesnt want to be around food" is incredibly selfish.  He and I would be having a serious sit down chat if that was my husband.
  • imageWrkn925:

Yes, he's being an ass. 

I'd play out the Snickers commercial.

"Here, eat a Snickers. You turn into a diva when you're hungry." 

Ha! That made me chuckle. I will need to do that! ;) Yeah, thanks ladies. I am glad I could vent. I feel better already. He is usually never this mean, and after I told him earlier to quit it, he still won't. I think I need to set up the couch for him tonight if I don't hear an apology.

• Wow. You should punch him right in the nuts. My H gets bitchy when he's tired, but he's still got to put the baby to sleep if I need him too or I will cut him. 

Men can be such effing babies!!  

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • no ***! The worst is the timing. Our anniversary is in 2 days, so if I don't hear an apology by tomorrow before he goes to work, the *** will hit the fan!
  • Don't *** apologize. You are accepting his behavior if you do. I put 20 on a bucket of chicken, his blood sugar is really low.
  • imagecowgirltu:
    Your husband is an incredible asshat.  Refusing to feed his child because "he doesnt want to be around food" is incredibly selfish.  He and I would be having a serious sit down chat if that was my husband.

agree. hugs, hope things get better. hate the timing that it is a couple days before your anniversary

• I really appreciate the opinions everyone. I can't really talk to anyone about fights like these, because my family and his just wait for an opportunity to jump on us. It felt a lot better letting it out. thanks. 8)
  • Even if he hasen't eaten in a month, its his daughter too! If you're anything like me you probably over reacted as well, but he still needs to suck it up.
  • imageMysterious_wife:
    Don't *** apologize. You are accepting his behavior if you do. I put 20 on a bucket of chicken, his blood sugar is really low.

Totally this!  Even if you aren't diabetic, if your blood sugar gets low you can get snippy.  Or tired or shaky or weak feeling, but some people get snippy & b?tchy.

I hope he did some apologizing.  @$$hat, indeed!

• how are things this morning?
  • Wow. What a tool.

I'd pull him aside in a day or two and read him the riot act. Doing it now won't help, but once he takes off his tiara I'd clue him in right quick how he just burned his one and only gimme. 

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • imagefaupanda:
    I might have thrown food at him and told him to take a hike.

::like::

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • imagefaupanda:

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagefaupanda:

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
  • You should not be apologizing. HE was in the wrong. He can help feed his own daughter for one minute. And then he turns you away when you are the bigger person and try to smooth things? Hell no. His ass should be on the couch.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"