1st Trimester

How and when did you tell your husband?

Hi everyone,

I just tested at 11dpo and got a very faint line. I don't want to tell my husband until I'm 100% sure, and was debating on if I should just wait until a missed period and a darker positive. How early did you guys find out and when did you tell your husbands?

Also, I'm trying to think of a fun and creative way to tell him. Did you guys do anything special? I would love to hear your ideas! 

Btw, I'm actually really nervous. We weren't trying for very long, and this is the first positive I've seen. I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you better as we go through this at the same time. :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How and when did you tell your husband?

• Funny, I just posted on how to tell my parents! I am dying to tell them....

I actually just told my husband last nght.... I filled the living room with pink and blue balloons, got a shirt that said baby (and had it on), tied binkies onto our dogs collars and got one of those big cookies and wrote #1 Dad on it :) He was so caught off guard and loved it!!

Congrats!!

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I got a positive on digi at 11 dpo, and I just handed him the stick.   Not exactly exciting, but neither of us generally makes a big deal out of things, we're pretty straight-forward  =)

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Hi there! I was in the SAME situation as you! I got a super faint line at 11DPO and wasn't sure if I shoud tell dh yet. I ended up waiting until I got a line the second day to tell him and told him that morning. (I went out and bought a first response early response to use, and the line was faint yet decently clear on 12 DPO.)

As for how I told him, when we started trying I bought a few baby clothing items online that are exactly dh's style. They are like little mini-me versions of some things he always wears. So I handed him a shopping bag and said that I picked up a few things I thought were just his style and figured they would come in handy pretty soon! Needless to say he was not very interested in the clothes because he was so shocked by the actual news! It was only our second month trying, and I don't think he thought it would happen so soon. : )

You and I are only 2 days apart! Pretty fun! : )

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was 10 or 11 DPO. I told my husband before my pee even dried.
  • With DS I found out at 12dpo, tested on a whim and a feeling- he was standing outside the bathroom and I yelled "Oh sh@t!" so he knew immediately.  

For this one, I tested after I picked DS up from preschool, but before dh got home.  I hid a hot dog bun in the oven and told him that I thought something was wrong with the oven- he went and looked in and he was like why is there a crusty roll in the oven? It took him a few minutes to get it but once he did he was very excited!   

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I got a positive pregnancy test at 9 dpo, but it was *really* faint. Like, eye-straining faint. I took a digital the next day and got a clear "pregnant" so I told him then. 

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • DD1: via text message on his way home from work.  "I need you to help me read this test".  I think I was around 12 DPO and it was faint.  Then we got a digital and he actually read the results to me.

DD2: The night before my BFP we had this conversation.  Me: "do you think I'm pregnant!"  DH "no, do you?"  Me: "yes, I do". The next morning I POAS and DD1 barged in the bathroom with DH trailing behind.  I looked at the test and said to DD1 "mommy was right!" 

#3:  me: "can you come here for a second?"  DH "we're watching a video on the computer!" Me: "i need your opinion on a pregnancy test". DH came out immediately.  We were 11DPO 

Edit to add: my DH would have been offended if I knew and he didn't get to celebrate with me right away.  That's why I didn't wait to do something cute. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageMAdams728:

I got a positive on digi at 11 dpo, and I just handed him the stick.   Not exactly exciting, but neither of us generally makes a big deal out of things, we're pretty straight-forward  =)

I did the exact same thing.  Came out of the bathroom with the digi and just handed it to him.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I had a tatical diaper bag all ready for this magic day, when at 4 am I saw a BFP I couldn't wait I grabbed the bag and woke him up. I said "I tested" and grinned he just gave me a confused look, then I shoped him the bag, which says Baby D******** right on the front and he jsut grinned "really?!?"
    ~TerpNicole~  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks everyone! I just took two more tests with better brands (I was using cheapie internet strips) and they were way more obvious so I'm going to tell him as soon as he gets home from work tonight! 
  • A FAINT LINE IS JUST AS POSITIVE AS A DARK LINE!!!!

I tested about 3-5 days before my missed AF. I tested in the morning, then I immediately went and showed the test to DH and said, "See that line there? That means you're going to be a dad." And it was awesome! I couldn't be one to wait in order to announce it in a cutesy way. I felt he had a right to know immediately. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"